Rent to own

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
sleep1979
Posts: 294
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 13 Mar 2019

if you cancel rent to own , and dont pay beyond the next payment,
does it expire completely ? ( the plan i mean would you have to start payments again from the beginning ?)

User avatar
buddard
Posts: 530
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 13 Mar 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
13 Mar 2019
if you cancel rent to own , and dont pay beyond the next payment,
does it expire completely ? ( the plan i mean would you have to start payments again from the beginning ?)
In the Propellerhead Shop it says (emphasis mine):
Only $9.99 per month - no commitments, cancel any time or pause payments for as
long as you want
I guess that should mean that you can simply resume paying later on if you want?

sleep1979
Posts: 294
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 13 Mar 2019

buddard wrote:
13 Mar 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
13 Mar 2019
if you cancel rent to own , and dont pay beyond the next payment,
does it expire completely ? ( the plan i mean would you have to start payments again from the beginning ?)
In the Propellerhead Shop it says (emphasis mine):
Only $9.99 per month - no commitments, cancel any time or pause payments for as
long as you want
I guess that should mean that you can simply resume paying later on if you want?
i guess it does i mean i really dont know as i haven't tried it yet have you ? :-)

sleep1979
Posts: 294
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 13 Mar 2019

it says cancel anytime so does that mean if you cancel it cancels it completely ? and then if you dont cancel it but let the time surpass and dont pay its paused? , its a bit confusing isnt it

sleep1979
Posts: 294
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 13 Mar 2019

Does no one know ?

User avatar
mjxl
Posts: 82
Joined: 23 Nov 2018

Post 13 Mar 2019

Just ask via Prop's support.

I'm assuming no-one tried this just to see what happens.

sleep1979
Posts: 294
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 13 Mar 2019

mjxl wrote:
13 Mar 2019
Just ask via Prop's support.

I'm assuming no-one tried this just to see what happens.
Asked them 🙂

sleep1979
Posts: 294
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 13 Mar 2019

I read through i think u can resume it any time even if you cancel , just wanted to know as ive cancelled something i wont be renewing after a month cheers guys

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5849
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 13 Mar 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
13 Mar 2019
Does no one know ?
My understanding is that the wording is simply describing how you handle it; whereas cancel and pause are technically the same on the shop end. What options do you see? Otherwise best to just ask Propellerhead support.

Also, the title of this thread is very generic with "rent to own." We of course encourage more descriptive titles in our guidelines. Wondering if anybody knows the answer to a question, while many probably think your thread is just another opinion thread about rent to own...those who might have experience and have an answer aren't going to know you are asking a question ;)

User avatar
Wobbleburger
Posts: 198
Joined: 14 Sep 2018
Location: Austin

Post 13 Mar 2019

I was renting Umpf Retro. I paid 39.99 over three months. I canceled it and I can finish paying for it whenever I want. It doesn't reset.
I like jungle.

Reason 10 - Win10 - i7 9700k - 32gb DDR4 - Novation Launchkey 25 - Korg Nanokontrol 2 - Scarlet 2i2 2nd Gen - Shure SM58 - Expanse, The Legend & Serum top my list

sleep1979
Posts: 294
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 14 Mar 2019

Wobbleburger wrote:
13 Mar 2019
I was renting Umpf Retro. I paid 39.99 over three months. I canceled it and I can finish paying for it whenever I want. It doesn't reset.
Such a shame thought it would be gone

sleep1979
Posts: 294
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 14 Mar 2019

joeyluck wrote:
13 Mar 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
13 Mar 2019
Does no one know ?
My understanding is that the wording is simply describing how you handle it; whereas cancel and pause are technically the same on the shop end. What options do you see? Otherwise best to just ask Propellerhead support.

Also, the title of this thread is very generic with "rent to own." We of course encourage more descriptive titles in our guidelines. Wondering if anybody knows the answer to a question, while many probably think your thread is just another opinion thread about rent to own...those who might have experience and have an answer aren't going to know you are asking a question ;)
Ok dont get your knickers twisted 🤪

MrFigg
Posts: 1441
Joined: 20 Apr 2018

Post 14 Mar 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
14 Mar 2019
joeyluck wrote:
13 Mar 2019


My understanding is that the wording is simply describing how you handle it; whereas cancel and pause are technically the same on the shop end. What options do you see? Otherwise best to just ask Propellerhead support.

Also, the title of this thread is very generic with "rent to own." We of course encourage more descriptive titles in our guidelines. Wondering if anybody knows the answer to a question, while many probably think your thread is just another opinion thread about rent to own...those who might have experience and have an answer aren't going to know you are asking a question ;)
Ok dont get your knickers twisted 🤪
Joey is just trying to help you man.

User avatar
reddust
Posts: 64
Joined: 07 May 2018

Post 14 Mar 2019

yeah, it is pretty clear on the PHs website, resume means restart from the last point you paused, so you can pause a purchase and continue paying months later starting where you left and not from zero. That's the main reason why I changed my subscription plan to a list of rent-to-own articles, it means more money for me to pay every month but money that goes for buying and not just renting.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1706
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post 14 Mar 2019

Wobbleburger wrote:
13 Mar 2019
I was renting Umpf Retro. I paid 39.99 over three months. I canceled it and I can finish paying for it whenever I want. It doesn't reset.
So you're saying cancel = pause? That's weird, because i'd imagine it's:
- pause - you don't pay for a while, can't use the RE but can resume payments at any time (and use the RE),
- cancel - you lose the money, can't use the RE any more and if you want it again, you start from zero,

But indeed, there's only button for "cancel" and "pay remaining" so that must be correct :?
Bitwig 2 // Reason 10 // Cubase Pro 10 @ Surface Pro 4
my music - https://soundcloud.com/antic604
other stuff - "Psytrance in Bitwig Studio" tutorial

User avatar
joeyluck
Moderator
Posts: 5849
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 14 Mar 2019

sleep1979 wrote:
14 Mar 2019
joeyluck wrote:
13 Mar 2019


My understanding is that the wording is simply describing how you handle it; whereas cancel and pause are technically the same on the shop end. What options do you see? Otherwise best to just ask Propellerhead support.

Also, the title of this thread is very generic with "rent to own." We of course encourage more descriptive titles in our guidelines. Wondering if anybody knows the answer to a question, while many probably think your thread is just another opinion thread about rent to own...those who might have experience and have an answer aren't going to know you are asking a question ;)
Ok dont get your knickers twisted 🤪
Just trying to help :) You seemed very eager to get to the bottom of it, to where you were bumping the thread within an hour of not receiving an answer to your follow-up question.

sleep1979
Posts: 294
Joined: 20 Jul 2017

Post 14 Mar 2019

joeyluck wrote:
14 Mar 2019
sleep1979 wrote:
14 Mar 2019


Ok dont get your knickers twisted 🤪
Just trying to help :) You seemed very eager to get to the bottom of it, to where you were bumping the thread within an hour of not receiving an answer to your follow-up question.
I ws extremly grumpy this morning mate thanks , i sorted it u can lock it

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 1 guest