Korde Help

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2019

Dug out Korde this morning. Been ages. Read the manual again. Connected the cv and note out of voice 1 on Korde to the CV and Gate input on a Thor. Drew in a pattern on Korde. Selected Korde in the sequencer and then played some notes on my keyboard. The notes registered on Korde and the sequencer started running but nothing...no sound at all.
Loaded up a patch and it all worked as it should.
Anybody tell me what I'm forgetting. Please. Frustrated.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Bes
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2019

ah from memory korde plays like arpeggiator. use the reason sequencer to draw in some bar long chords for it and hit play on the main transport. that should get you started again.
- Certified Reason expert

phithegoldenratio

11 Mar 2019

also it is recognized as instrument - so one may put Kompulsion on top of it and arp the seq coming from Kompulsion ;)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2019

Bes wrote:
11 Mar 2019
ah from memory korde plays like arpeggiator. use the reason sequencer to draw in some bar long chords for it and hit play on the main transport. that should get you started again.
Thanks...but that didn't work. Drawing in three notes on the sequencer then pressing play give me three notes in quick succession. Drawing two gives me two notes. Drawing on gives me no notes. Same when I play on the keyboard :(. Don't get it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2019

Hmmm...Drawing in on Korde's sequencer repeats the notes as long as I draw them in on lane 8. Anywhere else does nothing.

Edit: It's coming back to me. Drawing in on lane 8 triggers the first note. Drawing in on lane 7 triggers the 2nd note in the chord etc. :) Arpeggio.
Can't remember how to get Korde to play chords though...maaaaaan!!!!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

phithegoldenratio

11 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
11 Mar 2019
Hmmm...Drawing in on Korde's sequencer repeats the notes as long as I draw them in on lane 8. Anywhere else does nothing.
you should also connect the other cv/gate outs 2-8 to one instance of cv player tap which goes above the synth in this case to hear the other lanes.

Edit: or is it not necessary.. the cv tap.. at least that*s how i set it up.. gotta try without that.

rcbuse
RE Developer

11 Mar 2019

Try turning your repeat to on, it sounds like you have it turned off and are only registering the single note.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Mar 2019

It was the CV Player Tap step I was missing...duh!!! Kompulsion ingrained ha ha. All good now.
Thanks all for the help. Appreciated.
:)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Patrickuk100

01 May 2019

MrFigg wrote:
11 Mar 2019
It was the CV Player Tap step I was missing...duh!!! Kompulsion ingrained ha ha. All good now.
Thanks all for the help. Appreciated.
:)
Yeah, I kept missing the 1st note too. That is until I stopped using Dual Arp after CV Tap, and just used the Kompulsion ARP instead :)

• Information