StringWERK question

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2019

Just trying StringWERK and I'm noticing a sound behind the strings when I sustain them which I can only describe as a very quiet jet plane type noise...or like the noise the sea makes when it comes in on the beach. Very trebely. Kindof reverby. I've tried adjusting reverb and EQ but it's still there. Is it in along with the samples to make it more authentic or something? Otherwise this is pretty cool RE. Can somebody put me right?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2019

I don't hear what you're hearing. Did you compress them and by doing so raised the noise floor?
Do you have any plugins active? Downsampling distortion stuff, vinyl emulations, tape distortions or anything that pruduces aliasing artifacts?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

diminished
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2019

In case you have Repro-5, the Velvet effect introduces a noise floor. Even when the synth is not playing. I learned that the hard way just yesterday, drove me nuts..
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2019

diminished wrote:
09 Mar 2019
I don't hear what you're hearing. Did you compress them and by doing so raised the noise floor?
Do you have any plugins active? Downsampling distortion stuff, vinyl emulations, tape distortions or anything that pruduces aliasing artifacts?
No. Holding down a key around G7 starts the note playing and then the noise comes in in the background. Room ambience?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
09 Mar 2019
diminished wrote:
09 Mar 2019
No. Holding down a key around G7 starts the note playing and then the noise comes in in the background. Room ambience?
G7? I can't get that high with StringWERK. But now that I searched for it in the higher octaves (~C5), there is an unpleasant sound that goes along with the sustained notes. Probably the layered sound of the bow that's the same no matter the ocatve? Is that what you're describing?

diminished
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2019

That is super annoying, can't unhear it. Thanks, now I can't use sustained notes it in the higher octaves no more, lol. What the heck, e-instruments.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

09 Mar 2019

diminished wrote:
09 Mar 2019
That is super annoying, can't unhear it. Thanks, now I can't use sustained notes it in the higher octaves no more, lol. What the heck, e-instruments.
Yeah...the layered sound of the bow. That's what I meant. It might be that.
I actually meant G3 and above. I'm really sorry for ruining your experience but I thought it sounded so weird. Which is a shame as the RE is pretty nice.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information