Player Device Bundle in shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg

Post 08 Mar 2019

buddard wrote:
08 Mar 2019

I think Pulsar, Audiomatic and Synchronous were all offered for free in the beginning, at least for those running the latest version of Reason. Exactly like Drum Sequencer! So I think Drum Sequencer is a pretty hot candidate to be included in later versions of Reason. I doubt this will be the case for QNG or Complex-1, though.
Yeah. Those three were free for a bit. Radical Piano was not. I bought it on the day they released it.
That said, it’s pretty old now so maybe that’s why it got chucked into Reason as a stock device.

challism

Post 10 Mar 2019

buddard wrote:
08 Mar 2019
challism wrote:
08 Mar 2019

Yeah, they have a track record of doing such things... one time for purchase REs, later included as stock devices. This is the list that I remember:
Pulsar
Audiomatic
Synchronous
Radical Pianos

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them add more Prop-brand REs to the stock devices. In fact, I would be surprised if they didn't.
I think Pulsar, Audiomatic and Synchronous were all offered for free in the beginning, at least for those running the latest version of Reason. Exactly like Drum Sequencer! So I think Drum Sequencer is a pretty hot candidate to be included in later versions of Reason. I doubt this will be the case for QNG or Complex-1, though.
That's a really good point. You are probably correct. I'm not going to hold my breath for QNG. When it is finally on sale for a crazy price, I'll definitely be buying it.

I think Radical Pianos was even free, at one time, given away with new Reason licenses (around Christmas 2014, IIRC). One thing to consider is Radical Pianos is a first generation RE (ie it's really old), so if we see any more REs added to Reason stock devices, which weren't given away as freebees, it will most likely be an older RE like Radical Keys, PX7, Rotor or Polar.

esselfortium

Post 10 Mar 2019

buddard wrote:
08 Mar 2019
challism wrote:
08 Mar 2019

Yeah, they have a track record of doing such things... one time for purchase REs, later included as stock devices. This is the list that I remember:
Pulsar
Audiomatic
Synchronous
Radical Pianos

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them add more Prop-brand REs to the stock devices. In fact, I would be surprised if they didn't.
This is accurate. (Though if I'm not mistaken, I think Audiomatic has always been included with Reason since the early days of Rack Extensions, hasn't it?)

As for the one exception to that category, Radical Piano, it was released in 2012 and only became a part of Reason in 2017, five years later. If more preexisting Propellerhead REs become built-in devices in Reason 11, I'd expect them to probably be of a similar vintage.

• Information