Player Device Bundle in shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Soeno

06 Mar 2019

that's interesting...

Loque

06 Mar 2019

Interesting...the bundle is not for me...
Reason12, Win10

boingy

06 Mar 2019

They are trying to get us to buy them before they introduce support for MIDI VSTs, thus rendering the RE players somewhat less special. Or is that just wishful thinking from me? hehe

antic604

06 Mar 2019

Interesting. Not interested :D

BananaSkins

06 Mar 2019

No thanks...let's fix the Mother-Ship first before adding any more smaller crafts...!!! :thumbs_down:

craven

06 Mar 2019

just put Quad Note Generator on sale :)
:ugeek:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

craven wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2019
May
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

VariableX

06 Mar 2019

got a few of them, would like the quad note generator but its not worth its full price, and this bundle makes no sense for me...

zoidkirb

06 Mar 2019

boingy wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2019
They are trying to get us to buy them before they introduce support for MIDI VSTs, thus rendering the RE players somewhat less special. Or is that just wishful thinking from me? hehe
We already have vst support and depending on what and how many vst's you run, performance isn't as horrible as some people say. All that being said, these players have a lot of elegance and originality, and I don't see much better replacements from vst world in terms of Reason's workflow.

MarkTarlton

06 Mar 2019

zoidkirb wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2019
boingy wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2019
We already have vst support and depending on what and how many vst's you run, performance isn't as horrible as some people say. All that being said, these players have a lot of elegance and originality, and I don't see much better replacements from vst world in terms of Reason's workflow.
you're confusing vst instrument/fx which we all know work...midi vst's don't without jumping through hoops, aka the loopback work around, which most of us don't hassle with

zoidkirb

06 Mar 2019

MarkTarlton wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2019
zoidkirb wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2019

you're confusing vst instrument/fx which we all know work...midi vst's don't without jumping through hoops, aka the loopback work around, which most of us don't hassle with
Ah I see. If you don't mind, could you recommend some better or cheap vst alternative to komplusion and qng? They are the two best players in the bundle. Anyway, I still feel the RE format has it's own workflow value. I've used hundreds of vst fx and instruments over the years in cubase and ableton, and have only switched to reason recently but am in love with the whole RE and rack system.

BRIGGS

07 Mar 2019

I haz only the drum sequencer. I love it! :puf_bigsmile:
r11s

MannequinRaces

07 Mar 2019

06 Mar 2019
Exactly.

Arrant
Competition Winner

07 Mar 2019

Strange deal.
Not much value in this for the many of us who got the drum sequencer for free. Or anyone who owns even one of the other included players.

elMisse

07 Mar 2019

Arrant wrote: ↑
07 Mar 2019
Strange deal.
Not much value in this for the many of us who got the drum sequencer for free. Or anyone who owns even one of the other included players.
This.

craven

07 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote: ↑
06 Mar 2019
06 Mar 2019
May
yes, counting on that too :)
:ugeek:

challism

07 Mar 2019

This is a good deal for anybody who doesn't already have these players and wants them, but maybe waiting until it goes on sale for $79 is the best idea?

I already have most of these players.
Kompulsion - absolutely LOVE it. This a must have in my rack.
Strumming Machine - a great device for coming up with some interesting variations and patterns, especially after the last update. It doesn't really sound like "strumming," but it's does play the notes in an interesting way, and there is a lot of control over the way the notes are played.
Drum Sequencer - I think most of you probably have this. It's useful but I think Kompulsion destroys it. One thing I really like on Drum Sequencer are the different hit types. Great for snare drums and cymbals.

I don't have Euclidean. I think this is a genius player. To be able to play notes and chords with Euclidean rhythms is a fantastic idea. I really wanted it, but the price was kind of high for me. So I created a combi using Euclid, Thor, some CV spiders and A/B switches. It basically does what Euclidean does, maybe not quite as good as Euclidean, but I just can't pay $59 for it. So I'm happy with what I built, and I use it all the time... love my "EucliBEAN" combi.... Euclidean looks like a great player, though, but since I had Euclid, I was able to make a player from it, I won't be buying it.

I don't have Chord Detector and I'm not interested in it. It detects incoming MIDI chords or something?

QNG - The one I don't have and REALLY want is the one most of you probably want most, too. I can keep waiting for a sale. Looks like a fantastic player. Will it ever be 50% off? If/when it is, I'll buy it then.
Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG (705.92 KiB) Viewed 3383 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

BananaSkins

07 Mar 2019

Can we assume some of these players will be incoporated free into Reason 11 in 2020?

eusti

07 Mar 2019

challism wrote: ↑
07 Mar 2019
I don't have Chord Detector and I'm not interested in it. It detects incoming MIDI chords or something?
Love Chord Detector... I usually play / program chord sequences by ear, so it's really handy for me to figure out what these chords actually are... ;)

D.

challism

07 Mar 2019

BananaSkins wrote: ↑
07 Mar 2019
Can we assume some of these players will be incoporated free into Reason 11 in 2020?
I think the only players we could hope to reasonably see added as stock devices are the Propellerhead brand devices (QNG and DS). Other than the Amps, they haven't ever included 3rd party REs as stock devices. Don't get me wrong, it would be great if they added 3rd party REs as stock devices, I just don't see it happening. EDIT: I forgot that 3 new devices (Humana, Klank and Pangea) were 3rd party refills (SoundIron) at one time, weren't they?
eusti wrote: ↑
07 Mar 2019
Love Chord Detector... I usually play / program chord sequences by ear, so it's really handy for me to figure out what these chords actually are... ;)
You are probably a much better keyboard player than me. I'm glad you find it useful. Maybe someday I will too. I need to do more playing, for sure. I've gotten pretty lazy about actually playing. I don't ever find myself using MIDI inputs anymore. I think I need to bust out my MIDI to USB cords and blow them off. One problem is that my mobile USB controller stopped working about 2 years ago and I haven't hooked up my full-size keyboard since then. Been lazily and happily using players and the sequencer for too long.

jam-s

07 Mar 2019

07 Mar 2019
After what the Props did with Radical Piano, that's not an unlikely prediction. Ever since that incident I've been very cautious of buying any RE that's made by the Props.

challism

08 Mar 2019

jam-s wrote: ↑
07 Mar 2019
07 Mar 2019
After what the Props did with Radical Piano, that's not an unlikely prediction. Ever since that incident I've been very cautious of buying any RE that's made by the Props.
Yeah, they have a track record of doing such things... one time for purchase REs, later included as stock devices. This is the list that I remember:
Pulsar
Audiomatic
Synchronous
Radical Pianos

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them add more Prop-brand REs to the stock devices. In fact, I would be surprised if they didn't.

diminished
Competition Winner

08 Mar 2019

Does Chord Detector work with sequences of single notes, like arpeggios, and is still able to tell the exact chord name?

Edit: I found that you can adjust the hold time. Never mind the question.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel β€’α΄—β€’

buddard
RE Developer

08 Mar 2019

challism wrote: ↑
08 Mar 2019
jam-s wrote: ↑
07 Mar 2019

Yeah, they have a track record of doing such things... one time for purchase REs, later included as stock devices. This is the list that I remember:
Pulsar
Audiomatic
Synchronous
Radical Pianos

I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them add more Prop-brand REs to the stock devices. In fact, I would be surprised if they didn't.
I think Pulsar, Audiomatic and Synchronous were all offered for free in the beginning, at least for those running the latest version of Reason. Exactly like Drum Sequencer! So I think Drum Sequencer is a pretty hot candidate to be included in later versions of Reason. I doubt this will be the case for QNG or Complex-1, though.
Robotic Bean

Β Β 

• Information