Pitch Delay Feedback RE Request

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
owlymane

06 Mar 2019

Hi Devs,

I'd love an RE that is able to do the effect of Pitch Delay Feedback like shown in the vid:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

LMAO try that and see how "awesome" it is ;)

Loque

06 Mar 2019

You just need a Pitch or Frequency Shifter and any echo/delay unit. I use the stuff from Kilohearts, and you can also use Polar or any other free VSTs.

Connect your audio to a rack rack mixer, add the delay to it, add a pitch shifter right after the delay, now connect the delay output to a rack mixer channel and increase the "send to..." of that channel to send it back to the delay itself.

There are probably a big bunch of other ways to do this, but this is what i most of the time do.
Reason12, Win10

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

Mane I've been using Reason since 06 and I completely understand what you're saying but would just love to see a simple RE making this instead of the hassle :D

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

And RE instead of VST just because I'm an OCD when it comes to workflow. I hate VSTS poppin' out my window :D

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

I wish SugarBytes update their shitty ass REs. Great Ideas for such poor execution is terribly mindblowing

antic604

06 Mar 2019

owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Mane I've been using Reason since 06 and I completely understand what you're saying but would just love to see a simple RE making this instead of the hassle :D
I think Polar would do the job just fine?

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... ion/polar/

Or perhaps Echobode?

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... y-shifter/

Loque

06 Mar 2019

owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Which hassle? I would say flexibility. I have delay units which do not have a pitch included, which costs 200 bucks. I have probably half dozen pitch shifters and a big bunch of delay units. I can combine them each with each other. And everythign what is missing, i just add - so i can create my own frequency stutter delays within a few seconds, add RM or FM as a like, add shapers, saturation, reverbs and what not and create delays that are not there. It is jsut like enabling another section in a device...Yea, might be hassle to some guys...for me its flexibility.
owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019
And RE instead of VST just because I'm an OCD when it comes to workflow. I hate VSTS poppin' out my window :D
Than you need to pay. Kliohearts, Polar, maybe Fritz, BuffRe....
Reason12, Win10

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

antic604 wrote:
06 Mar 2019
owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019
I think Polar would do the job just fine?

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... ion/polar/

Or perhaps Echobode?

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... y-shifter/
People been tellin me bout POLAR , but can it do a Delay Feedback or does it just affect pitch ? Same question goes for Echobode ? NGL Echobode looks hella dope I thought it was just a frequency shifter

Loque

06 Mar 2019

owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019
People been tellin me bout POLAR , but can it do a Delay Feedback or does it just affect pitch ? Same question goes for Echobode ? NGL Echobode looks hella dope I thought it was just a frequency shifter
Polar is a pitch shifter, Echo Bode is a frequency shifter combined with a echo/delay unit and modulation and it also has break out control.
Reason12, Win10

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
06 Mar 2019
owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Which hassle? I would say flexibility. I have delay units which do not have a pitch included, which costs 200 bucks. I have probably half dozen pitch shifters and a big bunch of delay units. I can combine them each with each other. And everythign what is missing, i just add - so i can create my own frequency stutter delays within a few seconds, add RM or FM as a like, add shapers, saturation, reverbs and what not and create delays that are not there. It is jsut like enabling another section in a device...Yea, might be hassle to some guys...for me its flexibility.
owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Lmao "then you need to pay", I have tons of REs thank you very much, and I always try to support VSTs when REs are missing and where I can. You're getting out of the subject. And good for you for all your 200 bucks unit mane. I'm here asking for an RE. That's all it is to it. Now it seems POLAR might do the job and I'm just wondering whether it does only Pitch ? Or does it actually make the effect of "Pitch Delay Feedback" like shown in the video :)

Loque

06 Mar 2019

owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Loque wrote:
06 Mar 2019

Lmao "then you need to pay", I have tons of REs thank you very much, and I always try to support VSTs when REs are missing and where I can. You're getting out of the subject. And good for you for all your 200 bucks unit mane. I'm here asking for an RE. That's all it is to it. Now it seems POLAR might do the job and I'm just wondering whether it does only Pitch ? Or does it actually make the effect of "Pitch Delay Feedback" like shown in the video :)
Ok, be rude. No more help from me.
Reason12, Win10

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
06 Mar 2019
owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Polar is a pitch shifter, Echo Bode is a frequency shifter combined with a echo/delay unit and modulation and it also has break out control.
OK ? And ?

owlymane

06 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
06 Mar 2019
owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019

LOL aight peace :D

MrFigg
Competition Winner

06 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
06 Mar 2019
owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019

Gotta say Owlymane, I didn’t read you as being rude to me when you replied in your other thread but it seems like you’re being pretty rude to Loque. In that respect you’re being rude to the wrong guy. He is one of the most helpful and resourceful people on this forum. But hey...maybe it wasn’t your intention. I don’t know.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

06 Mar 2019

Loque wrote:
06 Mar 2019
owlymane wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Polar is both. it does pitch and delay.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

friday

06 Mar 2019

Did i oversee it, or has really nobody mention "The Echo"? It has a feedback out/in on the back. There you can use polar or neptune! Can create a Combinator and share if someone is interested?

guitfnky

06 Mar 2019

friday wrote:
06 Mar 2019
Did i oversee it, or has really nobody mention "The Echo"? It has a feedback out/in on the back. There you can use polar or neptune! Can create a Combinator and share if someone is interested?
if you have Polar, using another device isn’t necessary, since it has delay built in.
I write good music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MarkTarlton

06 Mar 2019

I want this one! the sound is insane :)

• Information