Studio Corbach WT-4...DSP?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2019

Ambient Generators...Love both.
Knock...Love it.
WT-4...just tried it and it seems brilliant. Playing just one note above C5 on most of the chord patches, however, maxes out my DSP and Reason stops working. Why is that? Anyone know?
Thanks
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dusan.cani

05 Mar 2019

Yeah, this happens in Mixfood WT4 synth.

Heavy unison oscillator sound played through chords on high notes with long amp release will cause high CPU spikes and "Computer too slow..." system message. I don't know why. But you can avoid this type of sounds and it is still very usable !

It is excellent RE, I love it ! It is capable of veeeery nice usable musical sounds with the oldschool vibe. With careful programming you are able to get beatiful textures. There are a lot of creative possibilities with this synth. And the inbuilt effects are stunning IMHO. Chorus and reverb are soo lush. Lofi efx is unique due to the "jitter" parameter and sounds very good. There are also a ton of possibilities with shaper + eq (I' ve built a patch where EQ1 is influencing the timbre of the shaper and the frequency of EQ is modulated via LFO) or you can split shaper to bands...I must post some demos here later...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2019

dusan.cani wrote:
05 Mar 2019
Yeah, this happens in Mixfood WT4 synth.

Heavy unison oscillator sound played through chords on high notes with long amp release will cause high CPU spikes and "Computer too slow..." system message. I don't know why. But you can avoid this type of sounds and it is still very usable !

It is excellent RE, I love it ! It is capable of veeeery nice usable musical sounds with the oldschool vibe. With careful programming you are able to get beatiful textures. There are a lot of creative possibilities with this synth. And the inbuilt effects are stunning IMHO. Chorus and reverb are soo lush. Lofi efx is unique due to the "jitter" parameter and sounds very good. There are also a ton of possibilities with shaper + eq (I' ve built a patch where EQ1 is influencing the timbre of the shaper and the frequency of EQ is modulated via LFO) or you can split shaper to bands...I must post some demos here later...
Thanks man...I really want to get this RE (and am probably going to buy it within the next hour anyway.) I just don't want to get something that's un-useable. I'll trial it a bit more. Thanks for answering. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

dusan.cani

05 Mar 2019

No problem ;)

I also forgot to mention the ringmod FX - it sounds sooo great for some dirt or lofi into the sound.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2019

128 step seq. and WT-4 in the bag :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

amcjen

05 Mar 2019

Also, $9 right now!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Mar 2019

amcjen wrote:
05 Mar 2019
Also, $9 right now!
I know :). I bought them both this morning. Great stuff.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information