Delete RE recover HD space?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Mar 2019

As you may be aware I really do not like those two DNA Labs REs which I unfortunately threw money away on. I was just wondering...does deleting them on authorizer take them off my machine completely or is there some part of them left? They take up a total of about 9GB which is totally unnecessary seeing as I don’t and probably never will use them. This would also mean I don’t have to see them any more in my RE list. Also when I sync all, if I’m quick and press delete as they are downloading then do I avoid having them?
Thanks. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

fullforce

02 Mar 2019

MrFigg wrote:
02 Mar 2019
As you may be aware I really do not like those two DNA Labs REs which I unfortunately threw money away on. I was just wondering...does deleting them on authorizer take them off my machine completely or is there some part of them left? They take up a total of about 9GB which is totally unnecessary seeing as I don’t and probably never will use them. This would also mean I don’t have to see them any more in my RE list. Also when I sync all, if I’m quick and press delete as they are downloading then do I avoid having them?
You can just delete them after installing. I've just tested it with Meteora and it deletes the whole RE out of the RE folder (which resides in AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions).
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Mar 2019

fullforce wrote:
02 Mar 2019
MrFigg wrote:
02 Mar 2019
You can just delete them after installing. I've just tested it with Meteora and it deletes the whole RE out of the RE folder (which resides in AppData\Roaming\Propellerhead Software\RackExtensions).
Thanks man. Deletion in progress
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

PhillipOrdonez

02 Mar 2019

Just on a sort of related note. If I copy the contents of a Rack extension from that folder to a new computer, do I skip the downloading process? The internet where I am currently is laughable and it's taken 3 days to download my stuff to a new machine and there is only one rack extension left that has failed repeatedly. It could save me a whole day!

Thanks!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Mar 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
02 Mar 2019
Just on a sort of related note. If I copy the contents of a Rack extension from that folder to a new computer, do I skip the downloading process? The internet where I am currently is laughable and it's taken 3 days to download my stuff to a new machine and there is only one rack extension left that has failed repeatedly. It could save me a whole day!

Thanks!
There’s not really any reason why it shouldn’t work if you’ve got your licenses on an ignition key but I’ve never tried it so I can’t say for sure.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DrGOA®

02 Mar 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:If I copy the contents of a Rack extension from that folder to a new computer, do I skip the downloading process?
Yes. I did this to another drive, deleted content of RackExtensions folder and then copied all content back.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Mar 2019

DrGOA® wrote:
02 Mar 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:If I copy the contents of a Rack extension from that folder to a new computer, do I skip the downloading process?
Yes. I did this to another drive, deleted content of RackExtensions folder and then copied all content back.
Licenses on ignition key?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

DrGOA®

03 Mar 2019

Licences. I authorised my computer.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2019

DrGOA® wrote:
03 Mar 2019
Licences. I authorised my computer.
Aaaa. Ok. I'm just thinking of backing up my RE folder in case my PC breaks somehow. I guess having the licenses on an ignition key does the same job.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information