Maximum number os devices?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Marcos Vampa

02 Mar 2019

Hi, this is my first post.
I've done a search with no results... :roll:

My question is: Is there a maximum number of RE :re: we can load?

Thanks
Marcos Vampa
Rio de Janeiro - Brazil

ScuzzyEye

02 Mar 2019

Each RE is a .dll. Windows has (or had) a limit of 128 DLLs loaded by one program. That limit is being raised to 4096 with the April, Windows 10 update. Reason also has some DLLs it loads for internal functions, so that'll take away from the upper limit too. So I'd guess right now you could load somewhere around 120 REs at once. You'd probably run out of CPU power before then.

DrGOA®

02 Mar 2019

The number of devices depends of the power of your CPU. More powerful CPU - more devices.

Marcos Vampa

02 Mar 2019

Thanks, but I think I should be more specific. Reason does not allow me to access all the RE files in my RE folder. Allowed or not allowed files seem to depend on which RE I have already opened. A kind of "limited slots" like behavior.

guitfnky

02 Mar 2019

sort of hard to say without having a better understanding of what exactly you're doing...one thing that is weird, and frustrating, is that if you're using the browser in separate windows (i.e. you've detached the mixer, rack, or sequencer from the main window), sometimes you won't see patches in your list that you know are there. for example, in my setup, I have the rack on a second monitor, and the patches available in the rack browser sometimes differ from those attached to my main window.

here's an example, showing my rack browser on the left, and the main browser on the right...you can see the Acid Squelch 128 bpm folder is open in both browsers, but only showing results in the main browser:

is that maybe what you're experiencing?
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Marcos Vampa

02 Mar 2019

guitfnky wrote:
02 Mar 2019

BINGO!!! :clap:
Yes, exactly!
Thank you for your time!

Thank you all! :-D

guitfnky

02 Mar 2019

Marcos Vampa wrote:
02 Mar 2019
guitfnky wrote:
02 Mar 2019

BINGO!!! :clap:
Yes, exactly!
Thank you for your time!

Thank you all! :-D
awesome! 👍🏼 hopefully they’ll fix that soon. it confused me for a long time.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

• Information