Work on the "Forgotten Waveshaper v2.0" has begun. What do YOU want to see?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
East Island

24 Mar 2019

:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
I'm curious.
Make something beautiful out of it.
A Controle Freak. Loves Logic&Reason&Luna ;) , remote controllers.
https://soundcloud.com/east-island

seqoi

25 Mar 2019

ForgottenClank wrote:
24 Mar 2019
Since I'm completely re-coding it, I am still only working on the GUI and am playing around a bit with different approaches. I have, however, implemented a few new features and have gotten some ideas for even more features that I am very excited about.
Very exciting. Personally (and that is only my opinion) i think your interfaces are way too big with a lot of unused space. I get it - curve drawing module need space but i am still under impression whole plugin can be better organized. Note i am not whining just responding to thread. I really like sound of your shaper and i hope your possible new GUI will be organized better. But even if not - i still recommend it for sound.

Good luck with your project

ForgottenClank
RE Developer

25 Mar 2019

seqoi wrote:
25 Mar 2019
Very exciting. Personally (and that is only my opinion) i think your interfaces are way too big with a lot of unused space. I get it - curve drawing module need space but i am still under impression whole plugin can be better organized.
Thanks for the input! I'd like to improve on the GUI so I appreciate any and every thought.
Are you talking about v1.2 of the Forgotten Waveshaper? Because while I do agree that space is not used optimally, I find the curve display rather small.

seqoi

25 Mar 2019

ForgottenClank wrote:
25 Mar 2019

Thanks for the input! I'd like to improve on the GUI so I appreciate any and every thought.
Are you talking about v1.2 of the Forgotten Waveshaper? Because while I do agree that space is not used optimally, I find the curve display rather small.
Yes 1.2. Actually i wouldn't mind larger curve display either. When i said above what i said - i was mainly thinking on relation of knobs, their labels and space between them. I think gap is too large. Without linking other similar devices here may i suggest you go to free NI reaktor library (it's free) and search for similar devices there for the sake of inspiration. Or simply browse all time best FX. You will find some super ugly there but some good ones (speaking about organization of controls - not the devices themselves).

Keep up the good work. Cheers

• Information