New "REsonator" from Turn2On

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

21 Feb 2019

Looks promising and feature packed. It is the 2nd Resonator now in the shop AFAIK beside the one in Kong.

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... emulation/

Reason12, Win10

EdGrip

21 Feb 2019

Can we make a SLOR out of these?

turn2on
RE Developer

21 Feb 2019

Hi EdGrip, no.
SLOR work with pitch shifts and make creative effects.
Reasonator - is a acoustic resonance effect. Its a resonator of natural human hearing spectre.

SLOR and Reasonator - based on Resonators. But make not the same things.
REASONATOR not include pitch shifting, also as Ableton Resonator based on pitch shifting..
We already have Pitch Shifting RE - GrainShift , and also pitch-shifting included in Murder Rhythm-cutter
REASONATOR - created to make accurate mighty colours of signal in human acoustic hearing spectre. It include reflections, resonance decay. It absolutely other than SLAR

For better understanding, partly its what about we talk:

ScavvP

21 Feb 2019

There may be a bug in the post filter. The HP and the BP filters act like a low pass filter and the resonance control seems to have no effect.

ScavvP

21 Feb 2019

also the LFO on resonator A seems to operate at a fixed rate, no matters the settings for the rate and the multiplier. The LFO on resonator B seems to have no effect at all.

Adabler
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2019

While I do like the GUI, I think there is something weird going on with the visuals on the knobs? The perspective shifts from the center? Is that pic maybe just a mock up?
Last edited by Adabler on 21 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.
:reason: 12, Win10

turn2on
RE Developer

21 Feb 2019

ScavvP - seriously apologize with regard to these errors (wrong beta been uploaded as final release). This bugs already fixed now and update coming to shop very soon. We wait it in propshop soon as it possible. Thank You for this info, its fixed now.

Adabler - we try to experiment in this GUI with elements in 2D graphic as 3D variation (yes just have a sketch at start that been used for l/r angles). May be it failed and interesting in to know various opinions now. We can change all knobs to center or to one angle side (L or R), no problems. Interesting to hear any thoughts.

buddard
RE Developer

21 Feb 2019

turn2on wrote:
21 Feb 2019
Adabler - we try to experiment in this GUI with elements in 2D graphic as 3D variation (yes just have a sketch at start that been used for l/r angles). May be it failed and interesting in to know various opinions now. We can change all knobs to center or to one angle side (L or R), no problems. Interesting to hear any thoughts.
OK, since you asked for opinions:

Since every other device in Reason (including every RE up until now) uses orthographic projection, I think something like this will stick out like a sore thumb in the rack. And will probably look a bit weird when you scroll the rack sideways as well.

I'm quite surprised that it passed the acceptance test, to be perfectly honest!

antic604

21 Feb 2019

buddard wrote:
21 Feb 2019
I'm quite surprised that it passed the acceptance test, to be perfectly honest!
My thoughts exactly. And it tells a great deal about how much Props care about the GUI... :(

ab459

21 Feb 2019

Tried Resonator, not bad, but the only thing - it is properly behavior that the high frequencies of resonances significantly cutted ? (All filters disabled) That especially good noticeable in full "mix" mode. (In which incoming signal has also cutoff-ed body)
Would be cool to has ability to get extremely sharp\crisp resonance character.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2019

Loque wrote:
21 Feb 2019
Looks promising and feature packed. It is the 2nd Resonator now in the shop AFAIK beside the one in Kong.
You also have kHs Resonance as well as Radical Piano (the extra input), but all with very different feature sets.
10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

turn2on
RE Developer

21 Feb 2019

buddard wrote:
21 Feb 2019
Since every other device in Reason (including every RE up until now) uses orthographic projection, I think something like this will stick out like a sore thumb in the rack. And will probably look a bit weird when you scroll the rack sideways as well.
In work knobs not looking aggressive, but on static screenshot - eyes is sticked to knobs.
Now I agree and today or at weekend recreate knobs for better projection. As I remember I see before in shop RE with same knob projection. I'll try to remember and find. But anyway this moment needed in changes.

ab459 - have some ideas to more functional structure in future.
Device working more for acoustic aspects hearing by human. Frequency changes is limited. Extremely changes create more unnatural sound and break it. But I hear your thoughts. Thanks, its also can be interesting.

buddard
RE Developer

22 Feb 2019

turn2on wrote:
21 Feb 2019
As I remember I see before in shop RE with same knob projection
You might be thinking of the shop image for JPS Harmonic Synthesizer:

But the acual GUI looks like this:

buddard
RE Developer

22 Feb 2019

Boombastix wrote:
21 Feb 2019
Loque wrote:
21 Feb 2019
You also have kHs Resonance as well as Radical Piano (the extra input), but all with very different feature sets.
And don't forget Resonans, which has an audio input for the resonator. :puf_smile:

JiggeryPokery
RE Developer

22 Feb 2019

buddard wrote:
22 Feb 2019

You might be thinking of the shop image for []JPS Harmonic Synthesizer[/url]:
:lol:

Thanks for reminding me... I got no end of grief* about that the first time I published the glamour shot on Facebook! First rule of Reason club, never do weird projections, even in marketing shots, as it really upsets people before they've even seen your device working! :redface: :twisted:

"That doesn't look like a Reason device!"
________

*it ended quickly ;)

turn2on
RE Developer

22 Feb 2019

Update 1.0.1 already in the shop:
- pre filters bug fix.
- Lfo Rate, X-Rate bug fix

Now work on knobs projection in next update

ScavvP

22 Feb 2019

Still some things not working properly:

- Resonance control on post filter
- The LFO destination; seems to always route to the decay
- The LFO on resonator B doesn't do anything at all

Zac

22 Feb 2019

Shocking for the dev and Propellerhead.

Shame.

turn2on
RE Developer

23 Feb 2019

:shock: mm. First time this big testing problem.
Time to change testers and not work at night. What interesting - I m personally too testing all this moments.. Already find few broken lines in code and fixed it. It created a problem to release.
Im personally very appologize for this release with very dry testing include work of 2 beta testers!
Problems are fixed. IF anybody need in stable beta release at this moment (who cant waiting Monday-Tuesday to final release in shop) - please PM me and I add it to your acc.
Nobody like buy and work with problem devices. Its absolutely true. But I control that all changes are fastly and with full attention be fixed.
Some parameters been tested by CV inputs and knob testing for few elements in B section been failed.

Beta available for anybody who interesting on this weekend (please PM me). Release is near after this weekend and now we awaiting when Propellerheads come to work. Very bad situation and if anybody have purchased product please accept our apologies. We will try not to repeat this in the future. Many our users know that we try to fix any problems quickly. Please write with any problems to our support.

ps: Sometimes I hard to find operatively info in social pages any device problem information, but reasontalk is a important place and we read it regular.

pps: its Subtractor C4 preset Bass Guitar with Reasonator effect:

About the desire for extreme resonance - even with standard parameters you may need a limiter when using values close to the maximumabout the desire for extreme resonance-even with standard parameters you may need a limiter when using values close to the maximum

turn2on
RE Developer

26 Feb 2019

Reasonator Update 1.1.1 released:
- Post Filter Resonance bugfix
- LFO destination of Resonator A bugfix
- LFO Rate, Rate-X of Resonator B bugfix
- Improved GUI (knobs projection)

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... emulation/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2019

Trying this just now and am liking it. Nice on guitar. Mucking about gives me a nice sustained tone. Also nice on Rad Piano...what I'm wondering though is does do pretty much the same thing as putting the sustain on RP high plus with a few more effects? Or what?
Oh yeah...is it still pretty buggy?

Edit: also, trial timed out in Resonans and I didn’t try the audio ins (duh!). Can I get the same sort of sounds there...extra 60 euros if I use my reward points.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2019

...seems it is still buggy. Was messing about with some parameters. Sound went to just a dull click on key release then cut out completely. Even reset device didn't get it back. Hmmm.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

turn2on
RE Developer

03 Mar 2019

Hi, can you write more details about this bug? Did you use RE with front panel controlling, or may be use also any CV inputs?
May be you can create example project and send to me it? I trying to find this bug..
Last edited by turn2on on 03 Mar 2019, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Mar 2019

Yeah sorry. I don’t know what I did. I just moved around the GUI moving knobs and parameters up and down randomly and then it cut out. Had an audio track playing through it at the time.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

turn2on
RE Developer

03 Mar 2019

Cant find problem at this moment. Play with device randomly and not have sound cut problems. Interesting in find this bug.
May be its possible if you have active signal with fast short notes (fast changes of melody) and use big proportion of controllers that create long feedback loop and in this moment change LFO destination that additional to ready feedback create some new overs that break ? I already try this idea but can't realise it.
Its also just can be touched filters mode activity, that cut sound.

• Information