Vecto RE 1.0.7 Update

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

18 Feb 2019

Nice to see those new additions :thumbs_up:

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... nstrument/
Latest Version 1.0.7 - Improved reverb code - FX2 has two new modes. DEL>REV and REV>DEL which means that instead of using one FX in FX2, you can combine the Reverb and the Delay in to different ways. - Many new presets added! Download the image to locate the new presets: https://www.robpapen.com/images/New_Pre ... cto-RE.png
Reason12, Win10

scratchnsnifff

18 Feb 2019

Thanks rob and team!! This gives me hope that they will actually take a look at quad and add more waveforms! If they jazzed up vecto, it’s not that far off of an assumption :) I’m excited to slap a vecto in my rack again
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

RPSupport

18 Feb 2019

Hi All,

Vecto RE has now been updated to 1.0.7 and can be updated from Propellerhead now.

Included in this update:-

New range of presets (total is now over 1000 presets) Image

Improved reverb code

New FX2 modes with REV>DEL or DEL>REV which essentially means that in these modes the Reverb and Delay are combined in FX2.
And to coincide with the release of the VST/AU/AAX version we have a sale on Vecto until the 28th Feb at Euro 79 / USD 79.

Crossgrade offer: Owners of Vecto-RE can receive a 50% discount on the VST version for their computer.

Lastly we also offer crossgrades to our eXplorer 5 from Rack Extensions. Please see our website for more details.

https://www.robpapen.com/eXplorer-5.html

Thank you

Richard & the team.

scratchnsnifff

18 Feb 2019

RPSupport wrote:
18 Feb 2019
Hi All,

Vecto RE has now been updated to 1.0.7 and can be updated from Propellerhead now.

Included in this update:-

New range of presets (total is now over 1000 presets) Image

Improved reverb code

New FX2 modes with REV>DEL or DEL>REV which essentially means that in these modes the Reverb and Delay are combined in FX2.
And to coincide with the release of the VST/AU/AAX version we have a sale on Vecto until the 28th Feb at Euro 79 / USD 79.

Crossgrade offer: Owners of Vecto-RE can receive a 50% discount on the VST version for their computer.

Lastly we also offer crossgrades to our eXplorer 5 from Rack Extensions. Please see our website for more details.

https://www.robpapen.com/eXplorer-5.html

Thank you

Richard & the team.
Even though there is another thread where I mention this. I wonder if it’s likely that quad will get a fresh coat of some of the spectral waveforms or the Predator waveforms that we’re most recently added

WongoTheSane

18 Feb 2019

Topics merged!

dvdrtldg

18 Feb 2019

Excellent! One of the very best RE synths just got even better

antic604

19 Feb 2019

Oh, it's now a VST as well :)

And there's crossgrade option for RE owners (49EUR instead of 79EUR):
https://www.timespace.com/products/rob- ... 4435200113

diminished
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2019

Is Quad available as RE only?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

ProfessaKaos

19 Feb 2019

Thanks Rob, much appreciated. You are a great man.
Reason 12 & 11.3 Suite PC- Windows 10, AMD Ryzen 9 5900x, Asus ROG CROSSHAIR Dark Hero VIII, 64GB G.Skill 3600C16 RAM, 980 Pro Samsung M.2, RTX3060.

https://soundcloud.com/juo-jual
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwNLcE ... DjhSI16TqQ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2019

Seriously. If you’ve already got a few RP REs then check out their eXplorer 5 bundle. I got Vecto VST plus all their other 20 VSTs for €99.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Carly(Poohbear)
Competition Winner

19 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote:
19 Feb 2019
Seriously. If you’ve already got a few RP REs then check out their eXplorer 5 bundle. I got Vecto VST plus all their other 20 VSTs for €99.
Explorer 5 is definitely one of the better bundles out there, I have never regretted buying that and end up using at least one RP device in every track (in my last track it was about 7 RP devices).

PoohBear

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tips & Tutorial's viewtopic.php?f=5&t=7503909
PoohBears Reason Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqCNsA ... p4cQF4j-8A
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My Soundcloud Page ....... Nektar Mappings

dusan.cani

21 Feb 2019

I like this thing. Can get very fresh and inspiring sounds instantly. Before trying it, I assumed it will by just some sort of layered samples pad synth...But after while of tweaking I became very surprised - I dialed same basic waveform (analog/additive/spectral), hooked it via filter and voila...very nice, usable and tasty synth sounds arrived. Especially the "symmetry" parameter is so powerful. I really enjoy what it does on simple waves. There is a very nice collection of additive and spectral waveforms which respond to "symmetry" parameter very well. I modulated the "symmetry" by free envelope and immediately got vivid synth sound.

My exploring of this synth will probably lead to purchase, however two things bother me a bit:

- There is audible aliasing in high notes. In this price range of product I would expect alias free oscillators. Is it problem to implement some technique to prevent aliasing ? Like internal oversampling of synth...

- The reverb and delay FX are cut when Reason playback stops. This feels very unnatural and abrupt. The RP verb RE has switch on the back panel to prevent this but I can't find such feature on the Vecto. Is it possible in next update to implement this ?

minilog

21 Feb 2019

Thanks for the update. I have a few RP RE's at the moment and the eXplorer upgrade is looking pretty sweet.

scratchnsnifff

21 Feb 2019

dusan.cani wrote:
21 Feb 2019
I like this thing. Can get very fresh and inspiring sounds instantly. Before trying it, I assumed it will by just some sort of layered samples pad synth...But after while of tweaking I became very surprised - I dialed same basic waveform (analog/additive/spectral), hooked it via filter and voila...very nice, usable and tasty synth sounds arrived. Especially the "symmetry" parameter is so powerful. I really enjoy what it does on simple waves. There is a very nice collection of additive and spectral waveforms which respond to "symmetry" parameter very well. I modulated the "symmetry" by free envelope and immediately got vivid synth sound.

My exploring of this synth will probably lead to purchase, however two things bother me a bit:

- There is audible aliasing in high notes. In this price range of product I would expect alias free oscillators. Is it problem to implement some technique to prevent aliasing ? Like internal oversampling of synth...

- The reverb and delay FX are cut when Reason playback stops. This feels very unnatural and abrupt. The RP verb RE has switch on the back panel to prevent this but I can't find such feature on the Vecto. Is it possible in next update to implement this ?
It is a feature that should be in most modern synths! I love how RP synths are ahead of the curve on that

It’s similar to PWM but it’s also like the bend modes from massive. A brilliantly implemented feature. It would be cool if the symmetry knob could double as something else when vecto had a sample maybe a time stretch or grain knob or something

Vecto has been a favorite since I first discovered its existence in the shop. At first I thought RP were just over complicated synths. But once I got predator I learned how much RP delves into beast mode! Predator Re was almost like having a fully functional VST in Re form then when I got vecto it was game on since. Don’t forget how it can perform some nasty FM in those boxes next to the oscillator and The volume becomes the FM amount

dusan.cani

24 Feb 2019

Gosh, this is so powerful synthesizer !!!

I've discovered that there is also PRE and POST filter saturation per voice ! And it sounds incredible. You can crank it up to get some distortion madness heaven !

The filter types arsenal is absolutely stunning...you have dozen of inspirational filter colours at your disposal. The filters are sooo juicy, very good algorhitms IMHO.

At the moment, I am exploring Osc FM possibilities...from pure Sine waves I've got fat FM overtones sound routed through filters an spiced up by post filter saturation...very rich and musical, usable as bass, lead, arp or even chords or chord stabs !

BTW does arp play mode function properly ? If I set arp mode to "down" the direction is still at the "up" mode. Also other modes except "Chord" don't have any efect, it plays as "up" pattern always...But maybe I am just doing something wrong...

dusan.cani

24 Feb 2019

Here is the dirty FM from Vecto...

I used Free envelope to control the FM amount and the decay is automated. At longer decay the sound become really nasty, as you can hear from the mp3 example. The FM modulated signal from second osc is sent into two "24dB LP2" filters in series. First filter adds some spice to arriving Osc signal and the second filter with fully opened cutoff and zero resonance acts as post saturator to achieve that final grit. Wicked !
Attachments
vecto-FM-Phat.mp3
(629.58 KiB) Downloaded 58 times

• Information