Someone please explain Selig NoteView?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2019

I asked this in another thread but didn’t get an answer so I’m starting a new thread in the hope someone can put me right.
Selig NoteView...what’s the point of this RE other than transposing? If it showed the name of whatever note was pressed eg D3# then I would buy it immediately and use it all the time. I think this was a feature requested a while ago but as yet there’s been no updates.
Anyway...I’ve got all Selig’s other REs and, as I’ve said before, he’s been a great help to both the community and me personally going back to the PUF. I can’t imagine that this doesn’t do useful stuff so could someone please tell me what that useful stuff is? Thanks.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Creativemind

16 Feb 2019

Not sure but if you want something to tell you what notes or chords you're pressing on your midi controller try Chord Detector player in the shop. It's great.
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2019

Creativemind wrote:
16 Feb 2019
Not sure but if you want something to tell you what notes or chords you're pressing on your midi controller try Chord Detector player in the shop. It's great.
Thanks. Saw that. Just figured Selig’s one might be better seeing as how it’s...well Selig :).
I’ll try Chord Detector. Cool :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote:
16 Feb 2019
Creativemind wrote:
16 Feb 2019
Thanks. Saw that. Just figured Selig’s one might be better seeing as how it’s...well Selig :).
Looked at Chord Detector and got interested in Tome and Index. Do you know how those two compare to the player? The bundle is just 3 Euros more than the player and seems extremely comprehensive.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Creativemind

16 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote:
16 Feb 2019
MrFigg wrote:
16 Feb 2019

Looked at Chord Detector and got interested in Tome and Index. Do you know how those two compare to the player? The bundle is just 3 Euros more than the player and seems extremely comprehensive.
I don't I'm afraid. I just know that Chord Detector is great. Bit like the piano bit of Scales and Chords and tells you what chord you're playing. Tome and Index will probably be more advanced I'm guessing.

Trial all 3 and see?
:reason:

Reason Studio's 11.3 / Cockos Reaper 6.82 / Cakewalk By Bandlab / Orion 8.6
http://soundcloud.com/creativemind75/iv ... soul-mix-3

QVprod

16 Feb 2019

It's literally just a note display. Probably most useful if you're sending CV to it.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2019

QVprod wrote:
16 Feb 2019
It's literally just a note display. Probably most useful if you're sending CV to it.
Thanks. S’what i thought. Like i said though, if it actually Gave the name if the Note being played that’d be a big improvement in my eyes. As it looks just now Static Cling has got the edge.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Exowildebeest

16 Feb 2019

It's not just a note display, it can also transpose notes and CV :) I use it simply for that.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

16 Feb 2019

Exowildebeest wrote:
16 Feb 2019
It's not just a note display, it can also transpose notes and CV :) I use it simply for that.
Exactly my question. Pretty much transposition. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

two shoes

16 Feb 2019

Creativemind wrote:
16 Feb 2019
MrFigg wrote:
16 Feb 2019

i tried tome and index and loved the functionality, but I simply cannot be asked to look at those hideous things on a regular basis - pre 8-bit graphics aren't everyone's cup of tea.

• Information