Some of the Red Rock Sound FX plugins are flawed at current state.

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Red Rock

15 Feb 2019

I invite everyone to take part in the giveaway time!

aeox
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2019

Red Rock wrote:
15 Feb 2019
If only I had 3 friends! :D

seqoi

15 Feb 2019

Red Rock wrote:
14 Feb 2019

I honestly do not understand what you expect from oversampling on digital equalizers? There will be no “wow” effect when you turn on 4x. I think it will be useful for you to read this article:
https://science-of-sound.net/2016/07/ov ... qualizers/
I missed this another rude reply. Who said anything about wow effect? Tell me if you don't know what people expect from it, why you bother to do it? That also add weight to your knowledge on oversampling algorithms.

So you think it's worthless but you had time and resources to incorporate it in to your product? Or what? What message are you sending with above response. It's looking to me like precisely what i said. You think Reason users are kids. And you basically throw flawed oversampling feature just for the sake of it right? To sell better. If you don't know what's it should do why you added it?
Last edited by seqoi on 15 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

seqoi

15 Feb 2019

He's giving them away now. In a social stunt game. Touche. I hope he'll find time to answer my question :|

superpop

15 Feb 2019

seqoi wrote:
15 Feb 2019
Red Rock wrote:
14 Feb 2019

I honestly do not understand what you expect from oversampling on digital equalizers? There will be no “wow” effect when you turn on 4x. I think it will be useful for you to read this article:
https://science-of-sound.net/2016/07/ov ... qualizers/
I missed this another rude reply. Who said anything about wow effect? Tell me if you don't know what people expect from it, why you bother to do it? That also add weight to your knowledge on oversampling algorithms.

So you think it's worthless but you had time and resources to incorporate it in to your product? Or what? What message are you sending with above response. It's looking to me like precisely what i said. You think Reason users are kids. And you basically throw oversampling feature just for the sake of it right? If you don't know what's it should do why you added it?
Man, take a break.

seqoi

15 Feb 2019

superpop wrote:
15 Feb 2019

Man, take a break.
Excuse me why should i shut up? I posted a flaw in design. I never insulted. I got a response from him with which he is practically in a nice way telling me i have no clue what i am talking about. I take the challenge. I also posted another findings with evidence of foul play. Why should i now shut up?

If you don't care why you are in this thread in the first place telling me that i should take a break. To make this more funny I am actually on break at the moment. Does that allow me to post?

Red Rock

15 Feb 2019

seqoi wrote:
15 Feb 2019

You blatantly ripped of Antelope interface GUI. You even did not bothered to align rack ears, even that you ripped off you just inverted them horizontally. You even used ORION logo for your logo but you just blurred it and added PALETTE text. That's a breach in intellectual property.
I'll tell you more, almost all of our GUIs look like some kind of device:
American EQ - API EQs
Ivoks or PolyIvoks - Polivoks
RE3Q - NTI Nightpro Pro
Re60 or RE302 and all RE series plugin - Klark Teknik
C1-L1 - This is a Soviet cathode voltmeter.

You see for the first time that the plugin developer is inspired by the hardware device?

I do not consider Reason users to be children, that’s why we offer high-quality plug-ins at a low price. If honestly I do not understand your questions, it is more like that you are carping. Perhaps this is the language barrier.

superpop

15 Feb 2019

seqoi wrote:
15 Feb 2019
superpop wrote:
15 Feb 2019

Man, take a break.
Excuse me why should i shut up? I posted a flaw in design. I never insulted. I got a response from him with which he is practically in a nice way telling me i have no clue what i am talking about. I take the challenge. I also posted another findings with evidence of foul play. Why should i now shut up?

If you don't care why you are in this thread in the first place telling me that i should take a break. To make this more funny I am actually on break at the moment. Does that allow me to post?
You don't have to shut up, maybe slow down, if you allowd me.

Developer said he will update his REs. We are waiting for PPH to do the same.

I don't want to be rude, after all just imagine George Martin with the 2 samples problem...

Red Rock

15 Feb 2019

superpop wrote:
15 Feb 2019

I don't want to be rude, after all just imagine George Martin with the 2 samples problem...
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:

Red Rock

15 Feb 2019

aeox wrote:
15 Feb 2019
Red Rock wrote:
15 Feb 2019
If only I had 3 friends! :D
There is still time to find them :)

seqoi

15 Feb 2019

Red Rock wrote:
15 Feb 2019
seqoi wrote:
15 Feb 2019

You blatantly ripped of Antelope interface GUI. You even did not bothered to align rack ears, even that you ripped off you just inverted them horizontally. You even used ORION logo for your logo but you just blurred it and added PALETTE text. That's a breach in intellectual property.
American EQ - API EQs
RE3Q - NTI Nightpro Pro

You see for the first time that the plugin developer is inspired by the hardware device?

I do not consider Reason users to be children, that’s why we offer high-quality plug-ins at a low price. If honestly I do not understand your questions, it is more like that you are carping. Perhaps this is the language barrier.
Oh you actually never provided answer regarding your oversampling from page before?

No i do not see it first time a developer is inspired by hardware. May i ask you this?

Do you find it perfectly normal to rip other people intellectual property? You are basically blatantly saying you used their idea because they inspire you. The main thing here is that you simply rehashed it in to your own. You'd think large companies such as Universal Audio, IK Multimedia or Steven Slate would use such thing in nanosecond without paying royalties. But they aren't. You know why? Because it's intellectual property stealing. Do you know that UA is actually paying money to API in order to use what you are stealing for free.

See here: https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech ... eqs-613126 see their interfaces. Well they look like yours. Like API so to speak. Now see actual current product:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/treqpa/
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/treqpg/
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/treqpb/

What do you see?

Can you actually comprehend that large corporation such as IK multimedia had to change knob appearance because API lawyers told them to do so. And they changed it instantly. You can not take other people work and use it as your own and earn money for it. There is a reason why Acustica Audio Acqua which have more then 20 sampled devices/hardware - never used copycat of hardware GUI.

Yet for you it's perfectly normal to save Antelope GUI, invert it and use it as your own. Someone had to develop that idea. You can be sure as hell that if anyone ever report you to these companies you are in trouble.
Last edited by seqoi on 15 Feb 2019, edited 2 times in total.

seqoi

15 Feb 2019

Red Rock wrote:
15 Feb 2019
superpop wrote:
15 Feb 2019

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up:
Really funny we will see about that. I see you have a friend and your best is to make fun with him out of my finding .

Care to answer this viewtopic.php?p=432341#p432341 and this one: viewtopic.php?p=432324#p432324

:roll:

Red Rock

15 Feb 2019

seqoi wrote:
15 Feb 2019
Red Rock wrote:
15 Feb 2019

Really funny we will see about that. I see you have a friend and your best is to make fun with him out of my finding .

Care to answer this viewtopic.php?p=432341#p432341 and this one: viewtopic.php?p=432324#p432324

:roll:
I just liked this phrase. Nothing personal.

I understand you do not like our products. Sorry, we can not make a plugin that everyone will like. I'm sorry, we can not do the visualization of oversampling in the GUI. We will correct the bug with a delay of 2 samples, the plug-in will necessarily inform Reason about it. Sorry that you saw the device from Antelope in the Palette, I see only a diamond-shaped display and an aluminum front panel, if you see a violation in this you can report it to the right place.
Have I apologized enough times? Or does your ego require more?

seqoi

15 Feb 2019

Red Rock wrote:
15 Feb 2019
I understand you do not like our products. Sorry, we can not make a plugin that everyone will like. I'm sorry, we can not do the visualization of oversampling in the GUI. We will correct the bug with a delay of 2 samples, the plug-in will necessarily inform Reason about it. Sorry that you saw the device from Antelope in the Palette, I see only a diamond-shaped display and an aluminum front panel, if you see a violation in this you can report it to the right place.
Have I apologized enough times? Or does your ego require more?
So you are turning this in to "i am victim" story? And carping apologies.

What does that have anything with my ego? I reported, you made fun, i reported again now you are acting twisting cards. So much about being professional developer.

When did i said i don't love your products. Let me see. A person called on your work. Now you are bringing " you don't love me so i don't need to tell you" thing.

Let me remind you that you took time to act like a child yet you never actually provided answer to my question from first page and to this one viewtopic.php?p=432341#p432341:
Red Rock wrote:
14 Feb 2019
I honestly do not understand what you expect from oversampling on digital equalizers? T
edit: i see you posted when i replied. About liking phrase. ok. You added broken oversampling because you like phrase. Nice.

Allow me to provide you with some free advice. When someone find something wrong about thing you did you can simply make an apology. However you being you, seeing how you blatantly pushing your agenda, twisting and making fun out of me i doubt you'll get it.

At this point when i think twice you are not only stealing intellectual property you are also making Propellerhead shop a possible subject in lawsuite. Therefore bringing damage to platform itself.

I hope someone from Propellerhead see this.

I am gone out of this thread. And i had enough of these popping out of nowhere RE developers stealing other people work. Year before we had that dude which built sample libraries by repacking existing NI libraries and selling them as their own. Now this incompetence.

Red Rock

15 Feb 2019

seqoi wrote:
15 Feb 2019

When did i said i don't love your products. Let me see. A person called on your work. Now you are bringing " you don't love me so i don't need to tell you" thing.
I do not in any way pretend to be a victim, just trying to gently respond to your attacks.

I wrote that we accepted your comment and fix it in the next update. But for some reason this is not enough for you. You demand some kind of exposure, I cannot give you this, because I have nothing to be exposed.

When you report an a bug in the LaunchBox, we promptly responded and fixed the bugs.Why are you attacking me now is not clear. Because we do not take you to the beta team? Honestly, I wanted to take you to the team of testers, because you really find errors that need to be fixed. But I'm afraid from you I will get a lot of stress.

Red Rock

15 Feb 2019

seqoi wrote:
15 Feb 2019
Red Rock wrote:
15 Feb 2019

American EQ - API EQs
RE3Q - NTI Nightpro Pro

Oh you actually never provided answer regarding your oversampling from page before?

No i do not see it first time a developer is inspired by hardware. May i ask you this?

Do you find it perfectly normal to rip other people intellectual property? You are basically blatantly saying you used their idea because they inspire you. The main thing here is that you simply rehashed it in to your own. You'd think large companies such as Universal Audio, IK Multimedia or Steven Slate would use such thing in nanosecond without paying royalties. But they aren't. You know why? Because it's intellectual property stealing. Do you know that UA is actually paying money to API in order to use what you are stealing for free.

See here: https://www.musicradar.com/reviews/tech ... eqs-613126 see their interfaces. Well they look like yours. Like API so to speak. Now see actual current product:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/treqpa/
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/treqpg/
https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/treqpb/

What do you see?

Can you actually comprehend that large corporation such as IK multimedia had to change knob appearance because API lawyers told them to do so. And they changed it instantly. You can not take other people work and use it as your own and earn money for it. There is a reason why Acustica Audio Acqua which have more then 20 sampled devices/hardware - never used copycat of hardware GUI.

Yet for you it's perfectly normal to save Antelope GUI, invert it and use it as your own. Someone had to develop that idea. You can be sure as hell that if anyone ever report you to these companies you are in trouble.

It seems I found similarities in the plugins, please, someone call the police !!!!

diminished
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2019

Things would have been settled on page 1, but seqoi I think you're overreacting.

The sample delay thing will be fixed, that's good, kudos for finding it. But from the opening text of this thread it was clear that is is a personal issue with RedRock.

The design is obviously "inspired by" and intentional, but come on, two circles overlapping a copyright infringement? I guess that doesn't even qualify as a design. The old greeks would also like to have a word with every person who used a pair of dividers in school..
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Loque

15 Feb 2019

Calm down guys. Everyone. Please. Discuss on facts, objectively if possible.

We just saw a dev violating intellectual property and he was lost in space within in wink of an eye. Violating intellectual property is serious and I know a few dev waited months to get an answer and were allowed to use something.

Intellectual property is a design, code, everything someone can produce. The rights here are somewhat time limited. Nobody to pay if i release a track with stuff from Mozart on it..

Discuss with respect to everyone. Developers and customers. Ask instead of blaming. Maybe keep something more in privat than in public.
Reason12, Win10

Blast

15 Feb 2019

It seems like some of Reason Devs of RE and Refills have been deceiving us. Thanks to seqoi for bringing this up, for I would like to know the truth. I do own quite a few of RedRock Re. Don't know how I feel about them right now, but this thread would impact how I feel about future purchases.Not too long ago I found out on here that I have purchased stolen IP as refills.Now is not sounding good either.

Red Rock

15 Feb 2019

Blast wrote:
15 Feb 2019
It seems like some of Reason Devs of RE and Refills have been deceiving us. Thanks to seqoi for bringing this up, for I would like to know the truth. I do own quite a few of RedRock Re. Don't know how I feel about them right now, but this thread would impact how I feel about future purchases.Not too long ago I found out on here that I have purchased stolen IP as refills.Now is not sounding good either.
Maybe someone will explain to me what I stole?

Blast

15 Feb 2019

Red Rock wrote:
15 Feb 2019
Blast wrote:
15 Feb 2019
Didn't say you stole anything Bro. All i saying is i don't do not like what i am seeing in this post. I own quite a few of your Re.However if there is discrepancy within your products (which I hope not) it will deter me and I am sure others as well from supporting you.

aeox
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2019

Blast wrote:
15 Feb 2019
Red Rock wrote:
15 Feb 2019

Didn't say you stole anything Bro. All i saying is i don't do not like what i am seeing in this post. I own quite a few of your Re.However if there is discrepancy within your products (which I hope not) it will deter me and I am sure others as well from supporting you.
The only thing that happened in this thread is that we all figured out that the RE's don't report 2 samples of delay.

Red Rock

15 Feb 2019

Here is a good example:

Who stole the design and from whom? someone can tell me. These are three different smartphones from different manufacturers, but they look the same.

Yes, apparently the API will eat throats for their knobs. They may have to be redone if they ask for it.
I look, even centenary URS A series plugins have changed GUI

Loque

15 Feb 2019

Red Rock wrote:
15 Feb 2019
Here is a good example:

Who stole the design and from whom? someone can tell me. These are three different smartphones from different manufacturers, but they look the same.

Yes, apparently the API will eat throats for their knobs. They may have to be redone if they ask for it.
I look, even centenary URS A series plugins have changed GUI
Everyone from everyone :D Nothing i would do.
Reason12, Win10

S1GNL

16 Feb 2019

seqoi wrote:
15 Feb 2019
S1GNL wrote:
14 Feb 2019

How did you measure it manually?
Do i really have to explain you everything? See above even developer confirmed my findings. You know you can literally measure delay visually with any decent wave editor under controlled exported wav tests right?
Calm down.

You haven’t mentioned how you’ve done it.

• Information