NEW RDK-RE QUESTION?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
BananaSkins

12 Feb 2019

I am just trialing the new RDK-RE.

I have just created a new Reason document and loaded up RDK-RE

When I route the individual drum kit samples out by their individual outputs at the back of the rack; why do they sound so different compared to the initial sound when you first load a kit up and hit a note to hear a kick for example?

After playing with it some more I take it the individual outputs just output the original sample untouched by any Master FX / Overhead or Room etc?
Last edited by BananaSkins on 12 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Djstarski

12 Feb 2019

My guess would be that your getting the Raw drum sample, without the processing the device adds .

esselfortium

12 Feb 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
12 Feb 2019
After playing with it some more I take it the individual outputs just output the original sample untouched by any Master FX / Overhead or Room etc?
That's correct. Room and overhead recordings come out of the room and overhead outputs.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

Nielsen

12 Feb 2019

Master Out on RDK picks up the overhead and room when you play a drum sound. The individual drum outputs do not pick those mics up on their own, so you may also want to route overhead and room outputs to dedicated mixer channels.

EDIT: Two replies before I finished writing mine. Echoes the above.

BananaSkins

12 Feb 2019

Thanks for the quick responses guys, I suppose it adds extra armoury to just hear the raw samples and do with them what you want to add more quality to the drums etc if needed :thumbs_up:

• Information