Which REs deserve to get more attention in your opinion?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
guitfnky

10 Jun 2020

also, Solaris or Solar or whatever the hell they’re calling it these days. really some amazing sounds in there.

and the GForce Chambertron and ReTron. love those things.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

MrFigg
Competition Winner

10 Jun 2020

guitfnky wrote:
10 Jun 2020
also, Solaris or Solar or whatever the hell they’re calling it these days. really some amazing sounds in there.

I got really excited when GForce released ReTron and bought it straight away. Played Strawberry Fields Forever two or three times then laid it on the pile. Recently dug it out and played Strawberry Fields Forever two or three times again. It’s actually pretty good :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

guitfnky

10 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
10 Jun 2020
guitfnky wrote:
10 Jun 2020

I got really excited when GForce released ReTron and bought it straight away. Played Strawberry Fields Forever two or three times then laid it on the pile. Recently dug it out and played Strawberry Fields Forever two or three times again. It’s actually pretty good :).
😂 hahaha, it plays other stuff too!
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Steedus
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2020

I don't know if it lacks attention per se, but I've gotta say since getting Suite Umph Club Drums (not a fan of the name mind,) has become my go to workhorse drum machine.
Maybe I've just been using Redrum too much and not looking at other options but this thing is really doing wonders for getting more out of making beats.

scratchnsnifff

11 Jun 2020

Air raid audio!!!!!

Kiloheartz

And rob papen quad

While two of those names are pretty huge

Air raid has nothing but the most amazing plugins

Each effect not only has its standard controls, but each device has something completely unique.

I love how the filter can be CV controlled and turned into a stereo filter

The quality of the air raid chrous/ensemble is my favorite by far. It makes it super easy to make those metallic riddim noises
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

loopeydoug

11 Jun 2020

For me, it's gotta be Spectra. That thing is powerful. It's the only synth I've ever passed on because it was MORE synth than I could use.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

11 Jun 2020

Boombastix wrote:
08 Jun 2020
selig wrote:
08 Jun 2020

Sounds good - too good - no rotary I've ever used has that sound (too much top end).
Again, it DOES sound great, just not much at all like a real rotary speaker IMO, and I've used quite a few over the years (still one of my favorite speakers to run various audio signals through). Kind of like using a guitar amp sim without a speaker sim…just too bright!

Like a guitar amp, a rotary speaker doesn't really have much energy above 4-5 kHz - it's a pretty steep drop off. I even mentioned this to the Props during testing of Rotary, and they made a minor adjustment - an option for a better speaker emulation would have been nice.
The RE is fine for a polished pop "rotor" sound but if you want a VST that sounds like a real wooden box then try IK Multimedia, very authentic and several models built in.
Bought the JP one and thought it was just ok.
The PSP L’otary is pretty good but the CPU hit is abominable. The PSP B-Scanner (not really the same but you knows) has an acceptable CPU hit though. Sounds good and is on sale once in a while :). Think I paid $10 for it on BF.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information