Reason Drum Kits RE in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
antic604

24 Feb 2019

There's 1.0.1 free update in the shop which 'wieghs' 1.1GB. Anybody know what it's about? Can't find any info...

diminished
Competition Winner

24 Feb 2019

I would like to know too because on one of my tracks where I used "Listen Mic Open", now there are only the hihats playing, although the GUI shows all of those triggered that supposed to.
Strangely enough, I used a a few MIDI files from the RDK.
Switching presets and back again works, but now all of my mixing and tuning is gone. That sucks.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

BananaSkins

24 Feb 2019

Be careful updating any software without having any update literature to hand.

antic604

25 Feb 2019

BananaSkins wrote:
24 Feb 2019
That's why I'm asking - I couldn't find anything.

BananaSkins

25 Feb 2019

diminished wrote:
24 Feb 2019
I would like to know too because on one of my tracks where I used "Listen Mic Open", now there are only the hihats playing, although the GUI shows all of those triggered that supposed to.
Strangely enough, I used a a few MIDI files from the RDK.
Switching presets and back again works, but now all of my mixing and tuning is gone. That sucks.

guitfnky

25 Feb 2019

Props’ entire approach to versioning is that you should never have to be careful taking the most recent updates. they adhere to a rigid policy of backwards compatibility. it sounds like this is a bug they missed. you should contact support to let them know, so they can squash it.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

K_R33Z3

18 Apr 2019

Im currently demoing A List drummer studio this week and i like it enough to where I was thinking about getting the special for $79 for A list drummer bundle. I never noticed this RDK offer until yesterday (i wasnt paying attention since February I guess). Does anyone think It would be better to get RDK instead of Drummer bundle or are they completely different and worth getting both at some point in time?

QVprod

18 Apr 2019

K_R33Z3 wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Im currently demoing A List drummer studio this week and i like it enough to where I was thinking about getting the special for $79 for A list drummer bundle. I never noticed this RDK offer until yesterday (i wasnt paying attention since February I guess). Does anyone think It would be better to get RDK instead of Drummer bundle or are they completely different and worth getting both at some point in time?
They're fairly different products. RDK has a slight bit more flexibility of sound having multiple kit pieces to switch between but is also an re-skin of an older refill. A-List is more pattern based but the bundle is giving you three different drum kits so that puts it on equal footing. If it's that patterns you want, I think you'll get far more use out of the A-List bundle. Personally, especially at the current sale price, I think the Drummer bundle is the better way to go.

ScuzzyEye

18 Apr 2019

QVprod wrote:
18 Apr 2019
K_R33Z3 wrote:
18 Apr 2019
They're fairly different products. RDK has a slight bit more flexibility of sound having multiple kit pieces to switch between but is also an re-skin of an older refill. A-List is more pattern based but the bundle is giving you three different drum kits so that puts it on equal footing. If it's that patterns you want, I think you'll get far more use out of the A-List bundle. Personally, especially at the current sale price, I think the Drummer bundle is the better way to go.
If you get both, you can use the CV outs of the A-list Drummer(s), and use their patterns to trigger the Drum Kit.

K_R33Z3

18 Apr 2019

ScuzzyEye wrote:
18 Apr 2019
QVprod wrote:
18 Apr 2019

If you get both, you can use the CV outs of the A-list Drummer(s), and use their patterns to trigger the Drum Kit.

Thank You Both... Sounds Like I should get A List Now & RDK Later on sale. Is A List Bundle normal price $250? I know normally the sales are 50% off so im wondering if it will ever be as low as it is now.

eusti

18 Apr 2019

K_R33Z3 wrote:
18 Apr 2019
Thank You Both... Sounds Like I should get A List Now & RDK Later on sale. Is A List Bundle normal price $250? I know normally the sales are 50% off so im wondering if it will ever be as low as it is now.
I was super impressed by the offer this week. No clue if it will ever be this low again... Even joked (before the forum was swallowed for a few hours) that waiting potentially really pays off... We had a whole discussion about early buy ins and deep sales that might be useful, but could potentially damage the brand... But with all that said: I have all of the A-List REs and really like them.

D.

zabukowski

02 Jun 2019

Anyone else noticed that there is always some degree of velocity randomization present? I have "randomize velocity" set to zero, but hitting snare with the same velocity is randomly producing slightly different nuances of the sample (multiple samples for the same velocity). I completely understand the purpose for this, but in some cases i don't want it. Shouldn't "randomize velocity" set to 0 completely disable this behaviour? I think this is happening only with velocities greater than 120.

esselfortium

02 Jun 2019

zabukowski wrote:
02 Jun 2019
Anyone else noticed that there is always some degree of velocity randomization present? I have "randomize velocity" set to zero, but hitting snare with the same velocity is randomly producing slightly different nuances of the sample (multiple samples for the same velocity). I completely understand the purpose for this, but in some cases i don't want it. Shouldn't "randomize velocity" set to 0 completely disable this behaviour? I think this is happening only with velocities greater than 120.
That sounds like round-robin samples rather than velocity randomization. It would be nice to be able to selectively disable certain round-robins if one is sticking out too much, but there's no option for it.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

zabukowski

02 Jun 2019

esselfortium wrote:
02 Jun 2019
zabukowski wrote:
02 Jun 2019
That sounds like round-robin samples rather than velocity randomization. It would be nice to be able to selectively disable certain round-robins if one is sticking out too much, but there's no option for it.
Ah yes, of course, you are right. Unfortunately samples are sometimes so different sounding (especially snare), that i would never thought they have/represent the same velocity. Looks like the only solution to avoid this is to use velocities <=120.

zero01101

02 Jun 2019

begging pardon if i've somehow missed it, but am i wrong in thinking that the RE no longer has the 'producer kits' patches that the refill had? i really enjoyed those :(

MannequinRaces

03 Jun 2019

zero01101 wrote:
02 Jun 2019
begging pardon if i've somehow missed it, but am i wrong in thinking that the RE no longer has the 'producer kits' patches that the refill had? i really enjoyed those :(
I took a look and I think there might be one... unless they changed the names, so no. You are not wrong.

• Information