NoteRepeat Player in Shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
PhillipOrdonez

29 Mar 2019

RetouchControl wrote:
29 Mar 2019
zoidkirb wrote:
29 Mar 2019
Thank you RetouchControl! These new features really help fulfill the potential of this player. If I may make a request, would it be possible to have a CV input on the rear to set what the the output note is? I know i can automate this from the sequencer but with having all of these fancy Players available it's quite nice to be able to keep the creativity solely inside the rack.
Thanks for the suggestion. In the meantime, you can always put NoteRepeat in a combinator and assign the Output Note to one of the rotaries or CV inputs on the combinator itself. There you can also decide the note range. Quite handy ;)
Or you can also do it if you have another player like notemix or others that can transpose midi.

zoidkirb

30 Mar 2019

RetouchControl wrote:
29 Mar 2019
zoidkirb wrote:
29 Mar 2019
Thank you RetouchControl! These new features really help fulfill the potential of this player. If I may make a request, would it be possible to have a CV input on the rear to set what the the output note is? I know i can automate this from the sequencer but with having all of these fancy Players available it's quite nice to be able to keep the creativity solely inside the rack.
Thanks for the suggestion. In the meantime, you can always put NoteRepeat in a combinator and assign the Output Note to one of the rotaries or CV inputs on the combinator itself. There you can also decide the note range. Quite handy ;)

Combinator of couse! Thank you.
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
29 Mar 2019
Or you can also do it if you have another player like notemix or others that can transpose midi.
I'm using Grid64n to sequence directly into the Combinator's rotary and control NoteRepeats output notes. Working very nicely. NoteMix I also own, it's a cool little player too which I rather use for adding harmonies. The two devices really go well together, especially after sticking a Scales and Chords afterwards to tidy up my harmony

Mattvank

23 Apr 2022

Please help me,

I want to use Touch OSC to trigger and move with the pad. But i can´t trigger. Just with the mouse. I also try different players but it seems to be that the mouse is the only way to trigger Repeat player itself.

RetouchControl
RE Developer

23 Apr 2022

Mattvank wrote:
23 Apr 2022
Please help me,

I want to use Touch OSC to trigger and move with the pad. But i can´t trigger. Just with the mouse. I also try different players but it seems to be that the mouse is the only way to trigger Repeat player itself.
You can use TouchOSC to trigger NoteRepeat. You want to map the XY's "Touch" control variable in TouchOSC to NoteRepeat's "Repeat On" parameter. See an example below for the settings in TouchOSC and the mapping in Reason. I used Remote Override Mappings with a generic control surface. I mapped the "Cursor X position", "Cursor Y Position" and "Repeat On".

TouchOSC Mapping NoteRepeat.png
TouchOSC Mapping NoteRepeat.png (922.38 KiB) Viewed 1681 times

Mattvank

24 Apr 2022

I try the same in Touch OSC Mk2. The mouse cursor never respontImage Is that a problem of the MK2 version. The support of touch osc send me that template.
Attachments
to.jpg
to.jpg (235.72 KiB) Viewed 1607 times

RetouchControl
RE Developer

24 Apr 2022

Mattvank wrote:
24 Apr 2022
I try the same in Touch OSC Mk2. The mouse cursor never respontImage Is that a problem of the MK2 version. The support of touch osc send me that template.
From your screenshot, I can see that you only have MIDI messages for "x" and "y". You need to add MIDI for "touch" as well. I had to create two of these MIDI messages to make it work, but maybe there is a way to use just one message.
In any case, if you set it up like this screenshot, it should work. This will send a value of 127 when you put your finger on the screen, and 0 when you lift it off. The message is sent on Channel 1 and Controller Number 0.

TouchOSCMk2Touch.png
TouchOSCMk2Touch.png (112.08 KiB) Viewed 1591 times

challism

25 Apr 2022

I'm just now trying this player. Very cool, indeed. Retouch Control's players somehow slid under and stayed off my radar for a long time. I'm not even sure how or why this has happened. I picked up ChordSQ and Phrase absolutely love them both! Now I'm playing with NoteRepeat and am loving this one too. One question I have, though... why aren't there any XY CV inputs? Or am I just missing something obvious? I would expect any Reason RE with a grid to have XY CV inputs. Better yet would be a separate input for each lane! Any chance of adding XY CV inputs?

It would also be great to have some kind of optional transport-lockable mute/off feature - so NoteRepeat will mute the repeats when the transport is stopped. Basically to stop it from doing this when the song is stopped.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

RetouchControl
RE Developer

26 Apr 2022

challism wrote:
25 Apr 2022
One question I have, though... why aren't there any XY CV inputs? Or am I just missing something obvious? I would expect any Reason RE with a grid to have XY CV inputs. Better yet would be a separate input for each lane! Any chance of adding XY CV inputs?
The short answer is that you would also need a CV input for the Repeat On in order to trigger the device, which could be confusing (see earlier discussion). If you put the player inside a combinator, you can control the XY position as well as the Repeat On via CV.
challism wrote:
25 Apr 2022
It would also be great to have some kind of optional transport-lockable mute/off feature - so NoteRepeat will mute the repeats when the transport is stopped. Basically to stop it from doing this when the song is stopped.
This does not look right. The player should stop generating notes when the transport is stopped. Please send the Reason song file to -> retouchcontrol@gmail.com. Thank you.

Mattvank

26 Apr 2022

RetouchControl wrote:
24 Apr 2022
Mattvank wrote:
24 Apr 2022
From your screenshot, I can see that you only have MIDI messages for "x" and "y". You need to add MIDI for "touch" as well. I had to create two of these MIDI messages to make it work, but maybe there is a way to use just one message.
In any case, if you set it up like this screenshot, it should work. This will send a value of 127 when you put your finger on the screen, and 0 when you lift it off. The message is sent on Channel 1 and Controller Number 0.

TouchOSCMk2Touch.png
Can´t explain why it is not working :(

RetouchControl
RE Developer

26 Apr 2022

Mattvank wrote:
26 Apr 2022

First: the touch midi messages, one should be set to a constant value of 0, and the other to a constant value of 127. Look again at my previous post. From your video, it seems like both are set to a constant value of 0.

Second: you won't hear any repeats unless the transport is running (or you disable the "Grid" green slider).

challism

27 Apr 2022

RetouchControl wrote:
26 Apr 2022

This does not look right. The player should stop generating notes when the transport is stopped. Please send the Reason song file to -> retouchcontrol@gmail.com. Thank you.
I restarted Reason and it's not doing that anymore. Could have been a one time thing. I was getting some other strange behavior too. I'll report if it happens again.

So when the Ext Velocity switches on the back are moved to the top position, that turns them ON, right? It's a little confusing the way it's currently labeled with On/Off next to each other on the same line. It's not a huge deal, really, but if you ever get around to doing an update, I would suggest changing the label to something like this.
onoff.JPG
onoff.JPG (25.53 KiB) Viewed 1436 times

challism

30 Apr 2022

RetouchControl wrote:
26 Apr 2022
challism wrote:
25 Apr 2022
One question I have, though... why aren't there any XY CV inputs? Or am I just missing something obvious? I would expect any Reason RE with a grid to have XY CV inputs. Better yet would be a separate input for each lane! Any chance of adding XY CV inputs?
The short answer is that you would also need a CV input for the Repeat On in order to trigger the device, which could be confusing (see earlier discussion). If you put the player inside a combinator, you can control the XY position as well as the Repeat On via CV.
I would love to see a Trigger CV input added to this as well. I don't think it would be confusing at all. And quite honestly, if a user is confused by such a thing, there's a good chance they are probably confused by all things on the back of the rack, anyway. I wouldn't avoid adding useful CV inputs to limit confusion for such users. Using a Combi isn't a justifiable workaround, really. It's making the user do a lot of work for something that could be as easy as plug in an LFO. It is far easier to plug in a CV cable than it is to program a Combi. And if I want to control X, Y and trigger, that is already using 3 of the very limited Combi CV inputs available. I don't understand the intentional design decision of NOT putting X, Y and Trigger CV inputs on the back of this player. I feel like excluding those basic things from being controlled via CV, which are basically the heart of this player, is really cutting down the efficiency of this player.

Another feature requests that would increase the usefulness and creativity of this player for me, and it's inline with the idea of the "note out" feature: What if there was a selectable "note in" feature, where the user could select which note would trigger the repeats and all other notes would be ignored? This would be something that could be turned on and off. I've built this myself with the use of other players and it was a PITA. It would be nice to just have it built into the player itself.
NoteRe.JPG
NoteRe.JPG (44.27 KiB) Viewed 1384 times

Mattvank

01 May 2022

RetouchControl wrote:
26 Apr 2022
Mattvank wrote:
26 Apr 2022

First: the touch midi messages, one should be set to a constant value of 0, and the other to a constant value of 127. Look again at my previous post. From your video, it seems like both are set to a constant value of 0.

Second: you won't hear any repeats unless the transport is running (or you disable the "Grid" green slider).
Still the same :?
PS: I saw, you do a lot of templates for your RE´s and another in combination with Touch OSC. How do they work if i setup for exsample 2 Subtractors in Reason? Like Macros in Ableton when i switch from one Device to another?
Attachments
Unbenannt.jpg
Unbenannt.jpg (268.73 KiB) Viewed 1360 times

challism

01 May 2022

Here's a combi I made for NoteRepeat. It uses 3 instances of RoboticBean Euclid (as External Pattern inputs), which are controllable from the combi face. NoteRepeat's note on trigger can be turned on (via ModWheel) or automated (via LFO).

Just connect CVTP's output to the instrument of your choice.

Requires:
Retouch Control NoteRepeat (paid)
RoboticBean Euclid (paid)
TonicMint AB Tranpose (free)
Pongasoft AB Switch (free)
Lectric Panda CVTP (free)
Download:
NoteRepeat-Euclid-CM.zip
(30.04 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
NR1.JPG
NR1.JPG (47.98 KiB) Viewed 1335 times

RetouchControl
RE Developer

02 May 2022

Mattvank wrote:
01 May 2022
Still the same :?
PS: I saw, you do a lot of templates for your RE´s and another in combination with Touch OSC. How do they work if i setup for exsample 2 Subtractors in Reason? Like Macros in Ableton when i switch from one Device to another?
Please send your template at retouchcontrol@gmail.com so that we can take a look. Cheers

RetouchControl
RE Developer

02 May 2022

challism wrote:
01 May 2022
Here's a combi I made for NoteRepeat. It uses 3 instances of RoboticBean Euclid (as External Pattern inputs), which are controllable from the combi face. NoteRepeat's note on trigger can be turned on (via ModWheel) or automated (via LFO).
Nice! :clap:

Mattvank

08 May 2022

Here is ,,pre´´ template for my project. Can´t do it anymore because my touch Tablet from 2014 (Lenovo Miix) seems to be out of power for the multitouch gestures. Maybe someone with newer HW could give it in Combination with Note Repeat a try and post a video. :-)
touchedit2.tosc :-)

Attachments
TOUCHEDE.jpg
TOUCHEDE.jpg (233.04 KiB) Viewed 1247 times

challism

21 May 2022

I just got finished redoing this Combi. I've added slide knobs, step knobs, shuffle modes, and polyphonic enable buttons to the Euclids. I added random note and random velocity buttons. And I added a scale enable button. If you want to change the scale, you have to go into the Combi and adjust Scales & Chords. I also changed the gate/note CV output device to Murf MIDI ModRack instrument and removed CVTP (as Murf's device does a better job with polyphony).

Side note and shout out to Murf for this useful device; it can take MIDI information from a Player stack and export it (polyphonically) to other devices! I was unaware of this until just a few minutes ago! Nice one, Murf!

Requires:
Retouch Control NoteRepeat (paid)
RoboticBean Euclid (paid)
TonicMint AB Tranpose (free)
Pongasoft AB Switch (free)
Murf MIDI Modrack (free)

Download here:
NoteRepeat-Euclid-CM.zip
(69.59 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
NR-EU.JPG
NR-EU.JPG (54.89 KiB) Viewed 1149 times

Murf
RE Developer

25 Feb 2023

challism wrote:
21 May 2022

Side note and shout out to Murf for this useful device; it can take MIDI information from a Player stack and export it (polyphonically) to other devices! I was unaware of this until just a few minutes ago! Nice one, Murf!
Thanks for the shout out!

• Information