Routing audio from Complex-1

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
gkillmaster

03 Feb 2019

I'm new to Reason and got it mainly to use Complex-1. I can't figure out the best way to think about routing audio from Complex-1 to an audio track so I can record it. Complex-1 track can record MIDI, but for a synth like this that can generate its own audio, what is the best way to route it to another track for recording?

Thank you!

Greg K.

PhillipOrdonez

03 Feb 2019

gkillmaster wrote:
03 Feb 2019
I'm new to Reason and got it mainly to use Complex-1. I can't figure out the best way to think about routing audio from Complex-1 to an audio track so I can record it. Complex-1 track can record MIDI, but for a synth like this that can generate its own audio, what is the best way to route it to another track for recording?

Thank you!

Greg K.
Hi Greg,

Create a new audio track. And enable the complex 1 track as recording source (little square button on the rack view). Once enabled, go to your new track and on the drop down select the complex 1 track as source (also from the rack view) and then hit record... Just make sure the new track is armed for recording.

gkillmaster

03 Feb 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Feb 2019

Hi Greg,

Create a new audio track. And enable the complex 1 track as recording source (little square button on the rack view). Once enabled, go to your new track and on the drop down select the complex 1 track as source (also from the rack view) and then hit record... Just make sure the new track is armed for recording.
Thank you Kjempefint!

Still not able to get it to work!

I created a Complex-1 track with generating preset so audio is playing continuously,
then create audio track and I see no way to assign an audio record source to the track other than my audio interface ports. The Compex-1 track doesn't show up int he little pull down menu on the timeline on the audio track next to the little tuning fork. And I don't see anything on the rack that has a source pull down menu either.

PhillipOrdonez

03 Feb 2019

gkillmaster wrote:
03 Feb 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Feb 2019

Hi Greg,

Thank you Kjempefint!

Still not able to get it to work!

I created a Complex-1 track with generating preset so audio is playing continuously,
then create audio track and I see no way to assign an audio record source to the track other than my audio interface ports. The Compex-1 track doesn't show up int he little pull down menu on the timeline on the audio track next to the little tuning fork. And I don't see anything on the rack that has a source pull down menu either.
https://goo.gl/images/hVSCFd

See at the right side the little square under the drop down menu on this picture ^

gkillmaster

03 Feb 2019

Got it! thank you! I was stumped cause I was trying to click the "rec source" button on the audio track instead of the instrument track.

PhillipOrdonez

03 Feb 2019

Great! No worries

Boombastix
Competition Winner

03 Feb 2019

You can also sample into Kong, NN XT, and so on. Just hit the sample button on the NNXT and it records whatever audio reason is doing. If you want to further play around with specific segment from Complex.
If you record an Audio clip in the sequencer, you can then bounce it to a REX loop and play the chopped loop with REX in Kong's nurseREX or the OctoREX. Videos on YouTube, or the manual has the details for how to do this.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

gkillmaster

04 Feb 2019

Boombastix wrote:
03 Feb 2019
You can also sample into Kong, NN XT, and so on. Just hit the sample button on the NNXT and it records whatever audio reason is doing. If you want to further play around with specific segment from Complex.
If you record an Audio clip in the sequencer, you can then bounce it to a REX loop and play the chopped loop with REX in Kong's nurseREX or the OctoREX. Videos on YouTube, or the manual has the details for how to do this.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
This would actually be very useful, thanks. Was going to look into how Reason does loops on the timeline so this could come in handy!

gkillmaster

04 Feb 2019

PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Feb 2019
Great! No worries
I can't get over the fact that I got almost instantaneous help from someone almost halfway around the earth. The times we live in! Thanks for your kind help from over there! That is if you are in fact in Norway ;)

PhillipOrdonez

04 Feb 2019

gkillmaster wrote:
04 Feb 2019
PhillipOrdonez wrote:
03 Feb 2019
Great! No worries
I can't get over the fact that I got almost instantaneous help from someone almost halfway around the earth. The times we live in! Thanks for your kind help from over there! That is if you are in fact in Norway ;)

I am in fact in Norway. No worries! We reason users are always there for each other ;)

kinkujin

04 Feb 2019

Great to see you here too gkillmaster!

-kinkujin

gkillmaster

05 Feb 2019

kinkujin wrote:
04 Feb 2019
Great to see you here too gkillmaster!

-kinkujin
Thank you!

• Information