Rack Extension for Addictive Drums 2 Sound

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Wobbleburger

30 Jan 2019

Hi, I'm on the fence about Addictive Drums 2. I'd rather have a rack extension. Would you say that the A-List Drummer stands up? I really just want well mic'd drums. I was leaning towards the Studio Drummer. Are the other two (Power and Classic) better? I make Drum and Bass and want to start with high-quality real drums rather than lower quality samples.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

guitfnky

30 Jan 2019

fwiw, Addictive Drums is well worth it—you’ll get loads of use out of it if you need realistic sounding drums. I don’t have A-List Drummer, but one of my friends does, and he said it wasn’t very flexible (he eventually bought AD2 himself). if you just need straightforward, canned beats, A-List might be good, but if you need to be able to program more deeply than that, AD2 is an awesome choice.

that said, if you want to keep it completely in the box, you might check out the Reason Drum Kits 2 Refill, or the BFD Refill. both are pretty good. if you went with RDK2, Peff put out a really awesome vintage Refill for it (it’s free; just requires RDK2). they’re not quite as pristine sounding as Addictive Drums, but solid choices, all the same.
I write music for good people

https://slowrobot.bandcamp.com/

Wobbleburger

30 Jan 2019

guitfnky wrote:
30 Jan 2019
fwiw, Addictive Drums is well worth it—you’ll get loads of use out of it if you need realistic sounding drums. I don’t have A-List Drummer, but one of my friends does, and he said it wasn’t very flexible (he eventually bought AD2 himself). if you just need straightforward, canned beats, A-List might be good, but if you need to be able to program more deeply than that, AD2 is an awesome choice.

that said, if you want to keep it completely in the box, you might check out the Reason Drum Kits 2 Refill, or the BFD Refill. both are pretty good. if you went with RDK2, Peff put out a really awesome vintage Refill for it (it’s free; just requires RDK2). they’re not quite as pristine sounding as Addictive Drums, but solid choices, all the same.
Well crap, I guess I need AD2 then. I already have a Reason RE subscription and hoped it would cover it. Thanks for the recommendation and the quick response!
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.

diminished
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2019

If you want to postpone spending money, check out the following free libraries first:
DrumMicA (Sennheiser / Kontakt Player)
SSD 5 Free (Steven Slate)
MT-PowerDrumKit (MANDA AUDIO)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Wobbleburger

30 Jan 2019

diminished wrote:
30 Jan 2019
If you want to postpone spending money, check out the following free libraries first:
DrumMicA (Sennheiser / Kontakt Player)
SSD 5 Free (Steven Slate)
MT-PowerDrumKit (MANDA AUDIO)
All over this. I don't have Kontakt (I understand that's a must buy too) but thanks for these. TBH I have both Umpfs already so I should look into those more. I just want that 'real' sound for the Drum and Bass breaks. I want it to sound like it was ripped from an old funk record (like most dnb breaks are) Thanks again.

diminished
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2019

For "sampling" your own realistic drum loops and breaks, this is more than plenty. Also DrumMicA requires Kontakt _Player_, which is free :)
There are many grooves included in all of these instruments, but of course you're not limited to those - lots of huge free and commercial MIDI tracks of all genres out there, just a google search away.
Bonus: I also do what you want to do and ReGroove Mixer became one of my new best friends :)
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

• Information