Questions on Kratos 2

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Wobbleburger

29 Jan 2019

Howdy - I bought the mix/master rig 3. It came with an Ask Video series of tutorials. However, the Kratos 2 video confused me a bit.

The instructor said (on Texture), "as we drive to the right, we'll see harder reactions" so more texture, more aggression? I thought it was a look ahead to make it more smooth?

Also, on "Knee" he said "the harder/more to the right means more aggressive" I figured the lower, the more aggressive. Very confused.

Also, adaptive vs normal. Would adaptive just provide an overall more transparent sound?
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

FLVZ

29 Jan 2019

I found the video not too useful as well to be honest. I've used K2 for quite a while and I can tell you somethings based on my experiences (so I could be completely wrong).

I found Normal gave me more aggresive sound particularly when attack is set to anything over 120, and with release i tend not to notice as much of a difference when moving the knob in adaptive mode whereas in normal the lower it goes the less desirable effect it had on the bass for mastering.

Texture I found that anything left of "12 Oclock" had a harder hitting sound, so kicks seemed to punch harder, and the same applies with the knee if I want a softer fluffier sound i'd turn more towards the right.

I dont really know how to answer you last question as I'm not sure what a "transparent sound" sounds like ? But adaptive mode seems more forgiving that normal which almost feels like expert mode.

Data_Shrine

29 Jan 2019

I have the VST version and the presets that have "adaptive" selected have "LR" (which I assume are left/right) in their names. So it may be a sort of M/S mode. However, that is not mentioned in the manual. In the manual, it states that the knob position that you set, if you have adaptive selected, are the highest (longest) MS that they will go. The plug-in will adapt to the material, and not go further then the knob position that you set.

From what you're saying the tutorial video is wrong. Leftmost is harder (texture & knee), rightmost will be smoother. In my experience, texture will mostly affect the smoothness of bass/sub-bass.

Wobbleburger

30 Jan 2019

Thanks Data_Shrine and Flavolous - both of these insights help. I love the algorithm for Kratos (more than Ozone or Fab Filter L) so I really want to stick with it. I have a feeling the guy who did the tutorial loaded it up for the first time and just kinda improvised his tips. Cheers
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.

diminished
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2019

Wobbleburger wrote:
30 Jan 2019
Thanks Data_Shrine and Flavolous - both of these insights help. I love the algorithm for Kratos (more than Ozone or Fab Filter L) so I really want to stick with it. I have a feeling the guy who did the tutorial loaded it up for the first time and just kinda improvised his tips. Cheers
What is your overall impression with the Rig 3 tutorials? I couldn't find the time watching these yet.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Wobbleburger

30 Jan 2019

For the most part, they're helpful. It's basically 1 overview of the device and knobs - then one video of them in use. It's not a tutorial as much as an overview. Definitely worth your time though. I learned about some of the devices I wasn't familiar with.

• Information