Ochen K appreciation

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Jan 2019

I just wanted to write today about how great (and possibly overlooked) Ochen K’s REs are. As far as I’m concerned anyway. EDSO6s, Glitch, Carve, the probability ones etc etc...
I guess he’s not coming back but I really wish he would. He made some of my favourite and most useful REs.
So that’s it. Thanks Ochen K for your efforts. They made me happy.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

soroc sosta

26 Jan 2019

Hear Hear!
Very useful RE's, Ochen K is very appreciated.

PS Ochen if your reading this ... please give us a randomization features on the EDS06s Drum Synth, I would pay for that update! :thumbs_up:

MarkTarlton

26 Jan 2019

I have used glitch probably more than any RE so far. I keep finding really fun creative uses for it. I just built a combinator with delays(the echo)... use the randomizer with different probabilities and automate this on/off, each delay is set up with crazy amounts of feedback on very short delays that sound ringy and buzzy... dubby sounds :)

kinkujin

26 Jan 2019

Being a Reason amateur I’m not privy to their charms. Guess I’ll have to look for more info.

diminished
Competition Winner

26 Jan 2019

I love Glitch. If rack extensions were spices, this is probably the MSG of the spice cabinet. Use it wisely, or use it extensively and still have a satisfying meal, lol.

Because of this thread I decided to google what's up with Ochen and discovered this:

facebook.com/OchenKREs/photos/a.738404549609352/738404506276023/?type=3&theater

OP-1 pretty much? Why and what's the story?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

Karim
Competition Winner

26 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:I just wanted to write today about how great (and possibly overlooked) Ochen K’s REs are. As far as I’m concerned anyway. EDSO6s, Glitch, Carve, the probability ones etc etc...
I guess he’s not coming back but I really wish he would. He made some of my favourite and most useful REs.
So that’s it. Thanks Ochen K for your efforts. They made me happy.
I use Carve on EVERY mix (not the Khs )

Inviato dal mio SM-G935F utilizzando Tapatalk

Karim Le Mec : Dj/Producer/Label Owner ( :reason: 11.3+ R12  IMac 2016 21")
FOLLOW Karim Le Mec
https://www.youtube.com/user/lemecdj
https://karimlemec.weebly.com/
https://soundcloud.com/karimlemec
https://t.me/reasonstudiosworld

Melody303

26 Jan 2019

Joining in the appreciation. Love Glitch, CV Probability & CV Tuner. :)
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

26 Jan 2019

I use Carve in pretty much every track I make. It has helped me out so many times. One of the best RE purchases I’ve made for sure.

Iapetus 9

27 Jan 2019

Joining the Ochen K love here. Glitch and the CV Tuner are must have RE's.
38L > 51D every time.

two shoes

02 Feb 2019

yup, carve eq and eds06s are favorites, driver and 4mer are great as well. also all his stuff is very reasonably priced.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

02 Feb 2019

On the back of the probability drum trigger there’s a seed in. I read the description of what it does and understand that part but what is it I plug in as the seed? I mean I understand what it does but I don’t understand what it is if that makes sense. Anyone help me out?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Melody303

03 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote:
02 Feb 2019
On the back of the probability drum trigger there’s a seed in. I read the description of what it does and understand that part but what is it I plug in as the seed? I mean I understand what it does but I don’t understand what it is if that makes sense. Anyone help me out?
The way I understand it is that computers can't produce true randomness without some external source. The seed is that source. If I'm not mistaken, the 'random' values it gives you will repeat at some reasonably far off point, so changing it from time to time can give you more random results and prevent the repetition, if that's what you're looking for.
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

03 Feb 2019

Melody303 wrote:
03 Feb 2019
MrFigg wrote:
02 Feb 2019
The way I understand it is that computers can't produce true randomness without some external source. The seed is that source. If I'm not mistaken, the 'random' values it gives you will repeat at some reasonably far off point, so changing it from time to time can give you more random results and prevent the repetition, if that's what you're looking for.
Absolutely and thanks. Yeah I understood that. I just don’t know what or how I should have connected to the “seed in” as a seed.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Jagwah

03 Feb 2019

For sure one of the coolest devs we are lucky to have!

Glitch at $9 can be recommended to pretty much anyone here.

Ochen K <3 <3 <3

Aosta

03 Feb 2019

Come back OchenK!
Tend the flame

Melody303

03 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote:
03 Feb 2019
Melody303 wrote:
03 Feb 2019

Absolutely and thanks. Yeah I understood that. I just don’t know what or how I should have connected to the “seed in” as a seed.
I haven't tried, but I think you could send an LFO into it for example, to modulate the seed number you'll get out of it. :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

05 Feb 2019

Melody303 wrote:
03 Feb 2019
MrFigg wrote:
03 Feb 2019

I haven't tried, but I think you could send an LFO into it for example, to modulate the seed number you'll get out of it. :)
Yep. Dead on. I wrote and asked Ochen and that’s what he said :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Namyo85

18 Feb 2019

I purchased 'Glitch' after literally one second of demoing it. I wouldn't have if it had been overpriced like almost all the other RE's out there. For the price, seriously, yes it took one second. (Ok, I had an idea what it was like from a youtube video :mrgreen: )

GRIFTY

24 Feb 2019

I personally still have Chip64 up in my top three most important synths in reason. I don't think there's a rawer, dirtier, nastier square wave

fullforce

25 Feb 2019

GRIFTY wrote:
24 Feb 2019
I personally still have Chip64 up in my top three most important synths in reason. I don't think there's a rawer, dirtier, nastier square wave
I think it's unbeatable as a solo synth.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

plaamook

25 Feb 2019

Yeah, CV Tuner and Carve.

But where did he go? Shot across the sky in a ball of flame?
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Feb 2019

plaamook wrote:
25 Feb 2019

I’ve written to him a couple of times with questions and also to request a comeback. He’s always very helpful regarding his REs but I don’t think we’ll be seeing new stuff any time soon. Unfortunately.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

25 Feb 2019

plaamook wrote:
25 Feb 2019

Some users were very harsh and unfair on his last release. I can understand why he left.
Reason12, Win10

plaamook

25 Feb 2019

So he officially split?
Wow. That sucks.
Perpetual Reason 12 Beta Tester :reason:

You can check out my music here.
https://m.soundcloud.com/ericholmofficial
Or here.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC73uZZ ... 8jqUubzsQg

jam-s

25 Feb 2019

plaamook wrote:
25 Feb 2019
So he officially split?
Wow. That sucks.
His reasoning was more like: As Reson now got VST support I can get the tools I want as already existing VST and don't have to code them up (for myself) as REs.

• Information