Waiting for something to go on sale?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2019

I know there’s just been a big sale but is there anything you regret not snapping up? Is there anything you’re waiting on in the next sale (probably May Madness. Maybe Deal of the week).
I’ve got a few on my list and maybe I’m a bit stingy but money, as always, is tight and I don’t want to have to make my kids eat porridge and stale bread until payday again :).
Anyway here’s some stuff I’m waiting for:-

TM-1
PX7
Luftrum 17 Refill.
Umpf! Retro! (Maybe Umpf! Bundle).
Chenille maybe (I’ve not actually tried it).

Otherwise I’m happy with £2000 odd worth of REs I’ve already got :).
Anything you’re waiting on?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Nirude

25 Jan 2019

RP MasterMagic
It was on sale and I wanted to try it and maybe snatch it, but didn't have the time.
3d man.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

25 Jan 2019

Nirude wrote:
25 Jan 2019
RP MasterMagic
It was on sale and I wanted to try it and maybe snatch it, but didn't have the time.
If you’ve already got a few Rob Papen products and don’t mind VSTs you can get a pretty good deal on RP eXplorer 5 bundle which includes Master Magic as well as 19 other RP VSTs. I got mine for €99 :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ab459

22 Feb 2019

Would be good if sale for Viking 2 again, i know it was recently, but damn was no money then.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Feb 2019

ab459 wrote:
22 Feb 2019
Would be good if sale for Viking 2 again, i know it was recently, but damn was no money then.
Remember when it was on sale for €29?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

22 Feb 2019

Naa....not really. I have everything i need. Maybe Complex-1 if the price is right and iam in the mood.
Reason12, Win10

MannequinRaces

23 Feb 2019

If QNG and Complex-1 are over 30% off during May Madness sale I might bite. Doubt they’ll be discounted that much though because they are still relatively new. I’m still kicking myself for not buying Super Audio Cart when it was 50% off during deal of the week. Will pick up Kratos 2 if that’s heavily discounted. And for the love of all that is holy please Propellerhead put the Parsec upgrade on sale and a sale for Reason Soul School bundle. In addition to the above I’ll be keeping my eye on deals for Fat50, Tape Cassette Deck, TM-1, and RX950, whew!!! I think that’s it. May is practicality around the corner so we won’t have to wait long. :)

Jmax

23 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote:
25 Jan 2019
I know there’s just been a big sale but is there anything you regret not snapping up? Is there anything you’re waiting on in the next sale (probably May Madness. Maybe Deal of the week).
I’ve got a few on my list and maybe I’m a bit stingy but money, as always, is tight and I don’t want to have to make my kids eat porridge and stale bread until payday again :).
Anyway here’s some stuff I’m waiting for:-

TM-1
PX7
Luftrum 17 Refill.
Umpf! Retro! (Maybe Umpf! Bundle).
Chenille maybe (I’ve not actually tried it).

Otherwise I’m happy with £2000 odd worth of REs I’ve already got :).
Anything you’re waiting on?
I have the Luftrum 17 Refill. Honestly, I was not all that impressed. There's not that many patches. Mostly ambient pads (to be expected), but nothing that really blew me away. For the money you're much better getting the SKP Grain Refill, which contains many more patches and more styles, also it's half the price.

I do own Umpf (normal) and thought about getting the Retro. But feel like the samples and effects of the original served my needs just fine. As Umpf Retro is expensive I couldn't justify spending money on that as well, when we have Redrum, Kong, REX at our disposal.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Feb 2019

Cool. Thanks. I’ll check out SKP :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Popey
Competition Winner

23 Feb 2019

I am waiting for selig leveller to go on sale but might be tempted by others if some prices make them a bargain. Gotta say i havent bought anything recently and its been good to experiment and actually finish music with recent re's. I have been too guilty of trialling many new products recently so have just been experimenting, making loops and not completing any songs, good fun but will not help me with my arrangement and mastering development.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Feb 2019

Popey wrote:
23 Feb 2019
I am waiting for selig leveller to go on sale but might be tempted by others if some prices make them a bargain. Gotta say i havent bought anything recently and its been good to experiment and actually finish music with recent re's. I have been too guilty of trialling many new products recently so have just been experimenting, making loops and not completing any songs, good fun but will not help me with my arrangement and mastering development.
Curve (Leveller) is one of those REs that you just have to have. I bought it when it came out and have never regretted it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

minilog

23 Feb 2019

No...

...but now that you made me think about it...

I'd probably get Expanse on a deal but it's not really essential for my kind of sound.

ab459

23 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote:
22 Feb 2019
ab459 wrote:
22 Feb 2019
Oh damn, really was 29 ? No, im not saw that. Maybe because just recently bought Reason, and start to track deals (not had time to bought all yet :) so, this topic actual for me).
Last edited by ab459 on 23 Feb 2019, edited 1 time in total.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

23 Feb 2019

ab459 wrote:
23 Feb 2019
MrFigg wrote:
22 Feb 2019

Oh damn, really was 29 ? No, im not saw that. Maybe because just recently bought Reason, and start to track deals.
Two Black Fridays ago.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

ab459

23 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote:
23 Feb 2019
ab459 wrote:
23 Feb 2019

Oh damn, really was 29 ? No, im not saw that. Maybe because just recently bought Reason, and start to track deals.
Two Black Fridays ago.
Sad :( What a double nobrain.

mjxl

24 Feb 2019

Waiting for a ship filled with money to strand close to me.

There are quite a few things I'd like to get lol.

Nielsen

25 Feb 2019

Ozone Maximizer. I had my fingers crossed for Black Friday but it was left out. I'd probably just pay the full price if I didn't already own Kratos 2, which is great too.

I would also like to see RP Quad on sale falling into the default price range of Go2.

HeavyViper

25 Feb 2019

If either Zero or Expanse go for another hail mary discount, I'll probably bite. Otherwise I think I'm good.
Sound Designer and Composer :reason: FM+PSG Chip Sorcerer
https://heavyviper.bandcamp.com

dan_g

26 Feb 2019

Nielsen wrote:
25 Feb 2019
Ozone Maximizer. I had my fingers crossed for Black Friday but it was left out. I'd probably just pay the full price if I didn't already own Kratos 2, which is great too.

I would also like to see RP Quad on sale falling into the default price range of Go2.
i had the ozone maximizer before kratos and never were quite happy with the results. i would always prefer kratos 2 RE over the ozone RE. in my opinion it sounds more open and transparent and is not as heavy on the cpu as ozone. i produce electronic music mostly and i think ozone has its problems with bass heavy stuff. but maybe you can try ozone and compare the two by your self.

just my thoughts on this
dan_g
:reason: :record: :re: :refill: :ignition: - 12 - Hobbyist
minimal techno - deep minimal dubstep - drum 'n' bass/neurofunk - brostep/deathstep - band recording

New Release: https://open.spotify.com/track/5mQ1XEQtZcVeFVfZvcS5kw

ScuzzyEye

26 Feb 2019

dan_g wrote:
26 Feb 2019
i had the ozone maximizer before kratos and never were quite happy with the results. i would always prefer kratos 2 RE over the ozone RE. in my opinion it sounds more open and transparent and is not as heavy on the cpu as ozone. i produce electronic music mostly and i think ozone has its problems with bass heavy stuff. but maybe you can try ozone and compare the two by your self.
I wouldn't use the Ozone RE any more, it's been surpassed by new limiters. That includes the Ozone VST. The VST now has 5 different IRC (Intelligent Release Control) modes, many have different sub-modes. They're each tuned for different limiting characteristics, including preserving bass. The old Ozone Maximizer RE only has 2 IRC modes, and you're right, neither is well suited for electronic genres.

Of course the full Ozone product starts at $250, and the advanced version is $500, so buying it for just the limiter isn't cost effective. (Though, it goes on sale a few times a year...keeping with the topic of this thread.)

Also any limiter that can do inter-sample limiting, will use a lot of CPU time, because it has to reconstruct what the analog output of the DAC will look like. Usually this is done by upsampling via a sinc FIR filter kernel. It's not a cheap operation.

superpop

26 Feb 2019

Maybe if Khz One go on sale again for $19.

PhillipOrdonez

26 Feb 2019

Selig leveler. Quad note generator. Complex 1.

VariableX

26 Feb 2019

superpop wrote:
26 Feb 2019
Maybe if Khz One go on sale again for $19.
yep! been waiting on this for nearly a year!

• Information