VK -2 has been updated

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Electric-Metal

24 Jan 2019

New in 1.0.7

Added unison drift with improved randomness
Improved amp pan modulation with voice stealing

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... nthesizer/
:?: The question is - Who cares :?:

scratchnsnifff

24 Jan 2019

Hopefully this means blamsoft is also working on a new Re. I hope they have something In the world, or they just updated one synth :p thanks blamsoft!
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

aeox
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2019

I can't tell any difference

Loque

24 Jan 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
24 Jan 2019
Hopefully this means blamsoft is also working on a new Re. I hope they have something In the world, or they just updated one synth :p thanks blamsoft!
Hopefully they give Zero and eXpanse a bit love...
Reason12, Win10

Boombastix
Competition Winner

24 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
scratchnsnifff wrote:
24 Jan 2019
Hopefully this means blamsoft is also working on a new Re. I hope they have something In the world, or they just updated one synth [emoji14] thanks blamsoft!
I would like that. Imagine eXpanse with a Serum type wave editor window, sample loading, new filters like a good OTA simulation with frequency dependent non linearities. What else?

Zero with a new modulation panel, switchable, have a traditional block style layout that is easier to understand, showing the active modulations, or something else that makes it easier to understand what is modulating what. I think FM8 does better at visualizing it.

Won't the new SDK allow you to use the whole RE to show just a big FX page, a big modulation page as well so you can tab yourself to different section with complete overview for easier usability like you have in some VSTs?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

ScuzzyEye

24 Jan 2019

aeox wrote:
24 Jan 2019
I can't tell any difference
Both of the changes seem to be very minor tweaks. The second probably wasn't triggered often, unless you play 7 notes at once (or had long releases).

Loque

24 Jan 2019

Boombastix wrote:
24 Jan 2019
Loque wrote: Won't the new SDK allow you to use the whole RE to show just a big FX page, a big modulation page as well so you can tab yourself to different section with complete overview for easier usability like you have in some VSTs?
AFAIK yes. Wondering why nobody did this yet, except PH where they switch the whole front in Complex-1. Hmm...but there are a few with quite big panels like Spectra.
Reason12, Win10

eXode

24 Jan 2019

Boombastix wrote:
24 Jan 2019
Won't the new SDK allow you to use the whole RE to show just a big FX page, a big modulation page as well so you can tab yourself to different section with complete overview for easier usability like you have in some VSTs?
It's not possible to implement nested panels/pages in existing panels though.

If you take eXpanse as an example, each oscillator is a panel, as well as each effect in the effects section, and also each EG and LFO. So you cannot have a big panel that covers them.

Another problem is that we didn't even have proper panels when we designed eXpanse initially (we couldn't even have popup menus for the oscillator settings, such as wavetable or mod selection).

With all the changes to the SDK we would pretty much have to re-design eXpanse from the ground up to utilize the latest SDK in the best way, but that will likely not happen.

Loque

24 Jan 2019

eXode wrote:
24 Jan 2019
Boombastix wrote:
24 Jan 2019
It's not possible to implement nested panels/pages in existing panels though.

If you take eXpanse as an example, each oscillator is a panel, as well as each effect in the effects section, and also each EG and LFO. So you cannot have a big panel that covers them.

Another problem is that we didn't even have proper panels when we designed eXpanse initially (we couldn't even have popup menus for the oscillator settings, such as wavetable or mod selection).

With all the changes to the SDK we would have to re-design eXpanse from the ground up, pretty much, to utilize some later features in a better manner, but there is pretty much zero chance that something like that will happen to be honest.
I do not have any idea of the restrictions of the SDK and all that stuff, but i would expect i can set the position of panel, hide or display it. This should be enough to have large panels to be switched. But i understand, if this is somehow limited or not possible and even if it is not possible to exchange all buttons and knobs dynamically it will not be possible at all. And I think to have only custom draw stuff in a panel is pretty hard to manage...

I hope for the future...Fingers crossed.
Reason12, Win10

seqoi

25 Jan 2019

Great update! My favorite synth

buddard
RE Developer

25 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
24 Jan 2019

I do not have any idea of the restrictions of the SDK and all that stuff, but i would expect i can set the position of panel, hide or display it. This should be enough to have large panels to be switched.
Yes, that is true. But what eXode means is that Expanse already makes use of replaceable panels for the oscs, envelopes etc, and you can't have replaceable panels within replaceable panels.

Loque

25 Jan 2019

buddard wrote:
25 Jan 2019
Loque wrote:
24 Jan 2019

I do not have any idea of the restrictions of the SDK and all that stuff, but i would expect i can set the position of panel, hide or display it. This should be enough to have large panels to be switched.
Yes, that is true. But what eXode means is that Expanse already makes use of replaceable panels for the oscs, envelopes etc, and you can't have replaceable panels within replaceable panels.
I got this point, but is this really needed to create complete new "pages" (panels)?
Reason12, Win10

eXode

25 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
25 Jan 2019
buddard wrote:
25 Jan 2019

I got this point, but is this really needed to create complete new "pages" (panels)?
You didn't get my point, apparently. :)

You cannot create a completely new page (that shares the same screen estate) when the existing page already have panels/smaller pages.

Loque

25 Jan 2019

eXode wrote:
25 Jan 2019
Loque wrote:
25 Jan 2019

You cannot create a completely new page (that shares the same screen estate) when the existing page already have panels/smaller pages.
I already got it, it is not possible to have multiple pages if the page contains panels. Maybe i am using the wrong wording, but AFAIU you can have one page with multiple panels and the panels can be switched/hidden/shown/etc. So is it possible to e.g. press a "show big editor" button, which hides other sub-panels (or whatever it is called) and now show a big new one?
Reason12, Win10

eXode

25 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
25 Jan 2019
eXode wrote:
25 Jan 2019

I already got it, it is not possible to have multiple pages if the page contains panels. Maybe i am using the wrong wording, but AFAIU you can have one page with multiple panels and the panels can be switched/hidden/shown/etc. So is it possible to e.g. press a "show big editor" button, which hides other sub-panels (or whatever it is called) and now show a big new one?
If I understand you correctly, the answer is still no. You cannot have a new panel that is a different size.

Loque

25 Jan 2019

eXode wrote:
25 Jan 2019
Loque wrote:
25 Jan 2019

If I understand you correctly, the answer is still no. You cannot have a new panel that is a different size.
Weird...really... :?
Reason12, Win10

seqoi

25 Jan 2019

Hm i stumped upon one simple idea (never tried it before) and i don't know is it possible...Can i use VK-2 effects (distortion, chorus etc.) for other devices? Like for example i can route Redrum to Predator RE FX or Antidote FX and it just works.

I see backpanel on VK-2 is generous. I tried to route devices inside but i think i am doing something wrong.

Loque

25 Jan 2019

seqoi wrote:
25 Jan 2019
Hm i stumped upon one simple idea (never tried it before) and i don't know is it possible...Can i use VK-2 effects (distortion, chorus etc.) for other devices? Like for example i can route Redrum to Predator RE FX or Antidote FX and it just works.

I see backpanel on VK-2 is generous. I tried to route devices inside but i think i am doing something wrong.
Yes, you can. AFAIR if you want to use the filter too, you need to send a note+gate to VK-2.
Reason12, Win10

eXode

25 Jan 2019

seqoi wrote:
25 Jan 2019

Make sure modular mode is enabled in the voice selection menu. Then make sure all modulation to the amp is removed. You can route inputs to the VCA.

With modular mode you don't need note and gate.

seqoi

25 Jan 2019

eXode wrote:
25 Jan 2019
seqoi wrote:
25 Jan 2019

Make sure modular mode is enabled in the voice selection menu. Then make sure all modulation to the amp is removed. You can route inputs to the VCA.

With modular mode you don't need note and gate.
Holy shit it works and it's awesome!!!

Thanks guys!!

EdGrip

25 Jan 2019

VK-2 4eva!

scratchnsnifff

26 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
24 Jan 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:
24 Jan 2019
I wouldn’t be surprised if expanse is maxed out.

I think zero could use some love though
I think it could have use for either user samples for single cycle waveforms
Or a drawable waveform (freehand to partial conversion)

My favorite idea that Iv has is to implement an internal LFO and have it modulate the phase and amplitude of a selection of partials
Basically it would be a user definable version of Europas random gain harmonic generator

Either way, there is more that could be added to Zero, and I’m still going to hope they keep adding to expanse

Mainly I just need more blamsoft in my life :p I miss those yearly Re releases. When expanse came out the hype was in overdrive, all the way until vk2. But since 9.5 they have only released stuff in vst and vcv
It would be nice to know if they are going in one direction or another, rather than going by random releases
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

• Information