Echobode or HarmBode

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2019

Been looking at Echobode since it came out in 2012. I’ve already got a few frequency shifters and yes I know Bodes do something a bit different. Then there’s HarmBode. I like Turn2on’s stuff but can’t decide. Anyone compared the two and got anything to tell me? Thanks :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

eusti

22 Jan 2019

I really like Turn2on's REs, but in this case I feel Echobode has a lot more options.

Just my 2c.

D.

antic604

22 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
22 Jan 2019
Been looking at Echobode since it came out in 2012. I’ve already got a few frequency shifters and yes I know Bodes do something a bit different. Then there’s HarmBode. I like Turn2on’s stuff but can’t decide. Anyone compared the two and got anything to tell me? Thanks :).
Get the Echobode VST (if using VSTs if fine with you) because it has few features not present in the RE :(

joeyluck

22 Jan 2019

antic604 wrote:
22 Jan 2019
MrFigg wrote:
22 Jan 2019
Get the Echobode VST (if using VSTs if fine with you) because it has few features not present in the RE :(
The RE does have CV though...
If getting the VST, I would suggest getting the Sonic Charge bundle. All great, unique stuff!
I have both the RE and VST of Echobode and reach for the RE most often because it still does what I'm familiar with and used to using it for...

seqoi

22 Jan 2019

Echobode is imho superior soundwise. I tried both and bought Echobode. Best way for you is to try both on your music and then make decision.

turn2on
RE Developer

22 Jan 2019

Hi. Echobode is great device, more functional at one side with delay. It include additional effects. HarmBode more accurate to original device, that was used in Moog (TM) System and also known as Bode 735 Freq Shifter [TM].
Echobode have range 20Hz- 40kHz, when original analog BODE and our RE have 0,05Hz - 5kHz. They make range bigger, change it coming out of native BODE resolution. Our RE is more native and near to original device.
Also we have Mixture modes as Up / Down / Up+Down / Down+Up. In this position Echobode is limited (Up+Down mix). This modes in HarmBodes work for every of 2 bands and you can morph them in various proportions. Its a nice usable argument for BODE type devices.
Also you can get real additionally RING-MODULATOR. You can check how it work with trial.
You just need to check various devices to your needs.

Anyway, better to check personally and listen what device you need more in your work :puf_smile:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2019

Thanks for the opinions. I’m more swayed towards HarmBode in the grounds that, according to the description, it more closely resembles the original hardware in function I will however try them both. Actually now that I think of it I already tried Echobode 7 years ago so I guess that ship had sailed. Damnit!
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

22 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
22 Jan 2019
Thanks for the opinions. I’m more swayed towards HarmBode in the grounds that, according to the description, it more closely resembles the original hardware in function I will however try them both. Actually now that I think of it I already tried Echobode 7 years ago so I guess that ship had sailed. Damnit!
Try the vst of possible. You just miss the CV.
Reason12, Win10

joeyluck

22 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
22 Jan 2019
You could try the demo of the VST and just avoid the additional features. Or maybe you'll like the VST enough to buy the VST...

joeyluck

22 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
22 Jan 2019
MrFigg wrote:
22 Jan 2019
Try the vst of possible. You just miss the CV.
Beat me to it.

There's a few additional features in the VST such as Smear, additional LFO shapes (the RE is sine only, but you can use external LFOs), and Low-Pass/High-Pass filters.

All of the RE presets are there, and you can browse by RE package.

dvdrtldg

22 Jan 2019

antic604 wrote:
22 Jan 2019
Agree. The "smear" function on the VST version is a real plus. You can always stick it in a combinator or use the VST mod matrix for CV tweaking

joeyluck

22 Jan 2019

dvdrtldg wrote:
22 Jan 2019
antic604 wrote:
22 Jan 2019
Agree. The "smear" function on the VST version is a real plus. You can always stick it in a combinator or use the VST mod matrix for CV tweaking
Well it gives you what is technically automation via CV, but that might be enough for most.

• Information