Favorite RE release from 2018?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2019

I wish there was a quick and easy way to see when all REs were first released.
You're just going to have to go by memory. Of course the Prop Shop can show when each RE was released but unfortunately the release date changes after updates as well. So you can't always see when it was originally released.

Loque

22 Jan 2019

Spectra or Complex-1...not sure about it...featurewise it is Spectra, GUI and sound quality its Complex-1.
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2019

The Animus
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Faastwalker

22 Jan 2019

A rhetorical question - Complex-1

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2019

Faastwalker wrote:
22 Jan 2019
A rhetorical question - Complex-1
I haven't given Complex-1 a chance yet. But the name, its busy GUI and all the cables just screams out to me that this RE is not made for me. I like my stuff as simple as possible. The less tweaking the better. This seems to be aimed at people who love endless options and trying out different technical possibilities.
My opinion judging from the demos is it looks more complex that the actual sounds coming out of it. Seems to be a lot of blips and blops with fairly basic waveforms. Though I'll admit some sounds I've heard were pretty sweet.
I might check it out later if I'm looking for another synth. Who knows, maybe I'll love it once I try it. I've been wrong before so.

I'm currently more interested in trying out FAT50. For some reason I completely missed that one.

antic604

22 Jan 2019

My vote goes to Complex-1!

Honorable mentions (in no particular order): Spectra, Go2, Noise Engineering SB#1, Coloring EQ, Umpf Beats (I didn't get the last two, but I appreciate what they do).

motuscott

22 Jan 2019

My needs are pretty simple and I'm living out my nonreligious vow of poverty, also my simireligious vow to do more with the REs I do have. So for me it’s Caliburn and Mixfood Urban Ambi.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2019

motuscott wrote:
22 Jan 2019
My needs are pretty simple and I'm living out my nonreligious vow of poverty, also my simireligious vow to do more with the REs I do have. So for me it’s Caliburn and Mixfood Urban Ambi.
Yeah. Those two are my 2nd and 3rd after Animus :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

22 Jan 2019

Hey MrFigg, congrats on entering the ReasonTalkers 4 digit Hall o' Heroes. I'm so busy posting I barely have time for the musics...
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Jan 2019

motuscott wrote:
22 Jan 2019
Hey MrFigg, congrats on entering the ReasonTalkers 4 digit Hall o' Heroes. I'm so busy posting I barely have time for the musics...
What? Am I over 1000 posts or something?
Edit: ha ha. Just saw...this post made it 1002
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

SynthRatings

22 Jan 2019

TritoneAddiction wrote:
22 Jan 2019
I wish there was a quick and easy way to see when all REs were first released.
You're just going to have to go by memory. Of course the Prop Shop can show when each RE was released but unfortunately the release date changes after updates as well. So you can't always see when it was originally released.
There is.. or at least there used to be:
https://www.reasonistas.com/re-shop-inventory

Seems like the list hasn't been updated for a few months, no Complex in there for example :(
I publish ratings of VST and RE instruments on a dedicated YouTube channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/c/SynthRatings

gullum

22 Jan 2019

Caliburn gets my vote best sounding amp in reason
Complex-1 is you just that for me complex not my kind of thing

m.arthur

22 Jan 2019

Complex-1 all the way!

Melody303

22 Jan 2019

MrFigg wrote:
22 Jan 2019
The Animus
+1
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

esselfortium

22 Jan 2019

Kuassa Caliburn and Selig ColoringEQ are the two 2018 rack extensions I've gotten the most use out of, by far. They've been all over my music since I got them.
Sarah Mancuso
My music: Future Human

polysix

22 Jan 2019

1++ for Noise Engeneerning both bundles. Simple instruments with a great wide interessting sounding. Are there made more racks i buy them All..

Not Complex 1 for me .. I hope so long for West coast stile as a rack extension. But I am disappointed. He sounds too smooth for my ears. The harsh experimental sounded one like buchla or as Software like a Aalto vst do have.. I tweak two knobs in aalto and i'm in heaven.

Faastwalker

22 Jan 2019

Melody303 wrote:
22 Jan 2019
MrFigg wrote:
22 Jan 2019
The Animus
+1
Definitely one of the best RE's of the year. Love Animus.

I also forgot that Lectric Panda's Torsion was released in 2018. Lots of fun that one.

The Noise Engineering RE's have to get a mention as well. Fantastic to have these.

Plus we had some very neat & useful 3rd party Players in 2018. Good year :D

BRIGGS

22 Jan 2019

r11s

challism

23 Jan 2019

This is a tough question to answer. Partially because so many great REs. But mostly because I easily lose track of time. It's 2019 already?? What happened to the past ten years?

I'm probably going to say Lectric Panda Torsion is #1. Lectric Panda Kompulsion#2. Selig Coloring EQ is my #3 choice. I can't really remember all the REs that came out in the past year, though.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

cognitive

23 Jan 2019

So many good REs last year.

If I went purely by frequency of use in my projects, I would have to say Selig's ColoringEQ is the winner.

That said, I'm loving Complex-1, the Noise Engineering devices, Lectric Panda's Kompulsion.

I'm also getting a lot of use out of the Drum Sequencer paired with Umpf Club Drums.

aeox
Competition Winner

23 Jan 2019

Coloring EQ

I only got a few RE last year. Caliburn and Tape Cassette Deck are others I use a lot.

joeyluck

23 Jan 2019

ES01
RX950

:)

Both fit so well in the Reason rack, simple and very effective, awesome GUIs, and very accurate emulations. They pair nicely too!

challism

24 Jan 2019

I just realized that hands down, the number 1 spot has to be belong to Lectic Panda's CV Player Tap. Not only was it a free device for everyone, but it solved a problem that we all have (no more cumbersome workarounds needed to write notes to track).

Thanks again for the awesome freebie, LP!
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

michal22

24 Jan 2019

challism wrote:
24 Jan 2019
I just realized that hands down, the number 1 spot has to be belong to Lectic Panda's CV Player Tap. Not only was it a free device for everyone, but it solved a problem that we all have (no more cumbersome workarounds needed to write notes to track).

Thanks again for the awesome freebie, LP!
I agree. I use it all the time. Thank you Letric Panda. It was also the best 2018 device for me. :thumbs_up:
Ableton Live Suite 10 / Reason 10 / Windows 10 / Fingers - also 10 ;)

• Information