New Drum machine in the shop (Mixfood Knock)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EnochLight

20 Feb 2019

Jesus... that GUI/UX though.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

MrFigg
Competition Winner

21 Feb 2019

EnochLight wrote:
20 Feb 2019
Jesus... that GUI/UX though.. :lol: :lol: :lol:
You know I’m in the same boat as you when it comes to GUI...but this time it’s just to accept and embrace :):). Good machine.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Mr. Watts

26 Jun 2019

Pretty good drum machine at $9! Lots of features and the sequencer is fun to use. The included samples are good but not very modern, at least for more popular types of music. I’d probably use it a lot more if you could load your own samples in each slot. I think this feature alone would attract a lot more customers. Other than that and being extremely unflattering to look at it’s a pretty good drum machine / sequencer for the price.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

26 Jun 2019

Mr. Watts wrote:
26 Jun 2019
Pretty good drum machine at $9! Lots of features and the sequencer is fun to use. The included samples are good but not very modern, at least for more popular types of music. I’d probably use it a lot more if you could load your own samples in each slot. I think this feature alone would attract a lot more customers. Other than that and being extremely unflattering to look at it’s a pretty good drum machine / sequencer for the price.
With this one you can load in a sample and just stack as many of them as you want. Same but different.

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... assistant/
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sleep1979

26 Jun 2019

The problem is not if there good or not
its that there not really on sale are they ?
Forever on sale is not really a sale.
Its like a supermarket where a can of beans may be £1 then they put the price up to £1.50 then reduce them to a pound again and say there on sale!
Its like the dna labs stuff always on sale
This stuff is probably good but just put a permanent price makes people think hmmm why so cheap but there probably good i havent tried them .

Mr. Watts

27 Jun 2019

MrFigg wrote:
26 Jun 2019
Mr. Watts wrote:
26 Jun 2019
With this one you can load in a sample and just stack as many of them as you want. Same but different.

https://www.propellerheads.com/shop/rac ... assistant/
Nice! I might have to grab this also. NNXT is my go to for drums but It’s nice to use something else sometimes however. With that said, I really think there’s a lot of room for improvement on this particular RE. The competition for Rack Extensions that cater to drums is slim at the moment. As being someone who prefers a device in the rack over a floating vst window, it’s kind of a habit to entertain the possibility that RE’s and native devices could be made to better accommodate the user.

Mr. Watts

27 Jun 2019

TheWalrus wrote:
26 Jun 2019
The problem is not if there good or not
its that there not really on sale are they ?
Forever on sale is not really a sale.
Its like a supermarket where a can of beans may be £1 then they put the price up to £1.50 then reduce them to a pound again and say there on sale!
Its like the dna labs stuff always on sale
This stuff is probably good but just put a permanent price makes people think hmmm why so cheap but there probably good i havent tried them .
I totally understand your point. But I have to argue that if it works and it’s good, does a discounted price effect any of that ? Still my point is that if Mixfood would improve this device to make it more usable and good looking then it could potentially be more we’ll received among Reason users.

Re8et
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2019

could you change the title to Mixfood KNock drum machine so it appears in search?

MrFigg
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2019

Re8et wrote:
13 Jul 2019
could you change the title to Mixfood KNock drum machine so it appears in search?
Try searching now. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Re8et
Competition Winner

13 Jul 2019

Mr. Watts wrote:
26 Jun 2019
Pretty good drum machine at $9! Lots of features and the sequencer is fun to use. The included samples are good but not very modern, at least for more popular types of music.
The midi beats are just plain gold, stuff like Dope Swing, it's platinum! I'd pay another 9 for a 1000 presets bank for this thing right now!
Samples sounds are also perfect for those addictive beats.

sdst
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2020

this would be a very good RES

but the developer only allows 1 DRUM SLOT to use samples

I don't understand that decision

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2020

sdst wrote:
15 Jun 2020

Get this one instead and stack them :)
https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... assistant/
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

sdst
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
15 Jun 2020
sdst wrote:
15 Jun 2020

I will try to see, but is not the same without multiple outputs, is almost the nnxt

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2020

sdst wrote:
15 Jun 2020
MrFigg wrote:
15 Jun 2020

I will try to see, but is not the same without multiple outputs, is almost the nnxt
The device only takes one sample which you can mutate using the effects and sequence. You get an audio out for that sample. Basically you can stack em load whatever sample you want into each one, sequence them whatever way you want and put a load of effects on them from within the device.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Yonatan

15 Jun 2020

Anyone knows if it is the same 999 drum samples in "Knock" device as in the Step 128 rhythm assistant? The two devices and descriptions sounds very similar.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Jun 2020

Yonatan wrote:
15 Jun 2020
Anyone knows if it is the same 999 drum samples in "Knock" device as in the Step 128 rhythm assistant? The two devices and descriptions sounds very similar.
It’s the same samples
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Yonatan

16 Jun 2020

MrFigg wrote:
15 Jun 2020
Yonatan wrote:
15 Jun 2020
It’s the same samples
Thanks for clarifying. :)

• Information