New Drum machine in the shop (Mixfood Knock)

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2019

Last edited by MrFigg on 13 Jul 2019, edited 2 times in total.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

two shoes

18 Jan 2019

the problem this dev has created for themselves is that all of their REs are $9 most of the time - i understand the intention was probably benevolent, trying to make RE prices more reasonable and accessible to people without a lot of discretionary income, and that's something i wish more devs would do. the one suggestion i would have is that in the future devs who want to do this make their REs available for a range of prices from the cheapest ($9) to a sort of mid range value (like $39 maybe). i worry that too many people will see this and say to themselves, "no need to purchase this now, as it's sure to be $9 a few months from now".

i'm worried that the eternal sale of all this devs REs for $9 may cause buyers to wrongly perceive them as "bargain bin" REs that are priced lower than most other devs products because they are somehow not as good or worth less. sure, there will be a few wiser people that will test them out and make a judgement independent of the price, but if we know one thing about human psychology it's that we have a very difficult time divorcing our perception of a product's value from its cost, regardless of what our experience with that product tells us about it.

looks like a cool drum machine though with lot's of granular control at your fingertips - i hope it does well and i've just downloaded the trial.

rgdaniel

18 Jan 2019

I'm tempted to buy this even at this price, to say thank you for all the super affordable and mostly enjoyable synths of theirs I've bought in the past...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2019

Love their ambience generators. Didn’t buy them in a sale either which is pretty unusual for me these days.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

18 Jan 2019

two shoes wrote:
18 Jan 2019
we know one thing about human psychology it's that we have a very difficult time divorcing our perception of a product's value from its cost, regardless of what our experience with that product tells us about it.
Word. I'm glad I got TSAR-1R with a bundle and my cravings for its big brother suddenly came to an end, because I barely use it. Then there is Tube Tech Classic and me and my wallet are eternally thankful for PTEq-X..

Now for the Knock drum machine, I thinks it's great to have that much control on a single device, especially when you do live stuff. Personally, I'm happy with designing my drums across several devices and arranging them in the sequencer. I guess the advertised 1000 samples alone are worth the price.
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

praznovsky.m
Competition Winner

19 Jan 2019

Is there any sdk restriction, that dont allow load more than 1 sample per device?
This one looks like a good alternative to ReDrum, but im not sample collector anymore.

Odoslané z SM-G930F pomocou Tapatalku

TritoneAddiction
Competition Winner

19 Jan 2019

Not sure I need this one, but I might check it out at some point.

If he would release another Ambi Generator I'd probably buy it right away though. I like those.

motuscott

19 Jan 2019

rgdaniel wrote:
18 Jan 2019
I'm tempted to buy this even at this price, to say thank you for all the super affordable and mostly enjoyable synths of theirs I've bought in the past...
:thumbs_up: the Ambis
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

buddard
RE Developer

19 Jan 2019

praznovsky.m wrote:
19 Jan 2019
Is there any sdk restriction, that dont allow load more than 1 sample per device?
Nope!

electrofux

22 Jan 2019

I love this RE. Waited for something like this for ages because it is the first Drum Machine for Reason where you can scan through a decent library of sounds with a controller and dont have to use a mouse (at least in theory, i am in the process of checking how to implement the 1000 increments via endless encoders but should work).

ravasb

02 Feb 2019

It is a shame that devs don't keep the intro price for the first thirty days of the release. I had sent him a question/feature request, but have not yet heard back. There is a lot I like about this, but I will now wait for the next round of sales.

electrofux

07 Feb 2019

Honestly, i think this could be the best drum machine in Reason so far. For me it is already because what i need is a goto device with built in sounds where i dont have to click through my sample library and can stay on my remote controller the whole time. But i think most users would want to use their own samples so a sample slot for every channel would make this device really great for all.
I really enjoy having complex envelopes on each drumsound - i underestimated the use of the curve parameters for drumsounds. The grain and pitch shift on channels 1 and 2 are great too. I love it.
If i had one wish though it would be an lfo per channel. There are so many cool parameters where modulation would work wonders.
My current Drum setup consists of Knock plus 8 Step Note recorders controlled by a Livid base - so much fun.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2019

Anyone notice this was down to €9? Wasn't it €39 a couple of weeks ago?
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

SoulState

15 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2019
Yeah it was! Now its €9!!
I think the geezer panicked then brought the price down. He should have held his nerve. At €39 it was worth it. Looks like a well thought out and feature rich machine.

Anybody trailing it? Was going to trail...then just bought it for £8 (at that price feel at bit guilty) :oops:
:reason:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2019

SoulState wrote:
15 Feb 2019
MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2019
Yeah it was! Now its €9!!
I think the geezer panicked then brought the price down. He should have held his nerve. At €39 it was worth it. Looks like a well thought out and feature rich machine.

Anybody trailing it? Was going to trail...then just bought it for £8 (at that price feel at bit guilty) :oops:
I just tried it and it sounds great after two minutes :). Don’t feel guilty.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

SoulState

15 Feb 2019

I feel guilt cuz it's soooo cheap...looks like he's put a lot of work into this thing. :shock:

On another note, thought I could bring my own samples in, seems I can't :roll:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2019

SoulState wrote:
15 Feb 2019
I feel guilt cuz it's soooo cheap...looks like he's put a lot of work into this thing. :shock:

Drum slot 10 man :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

diminished
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2019

Since they are all on sale.. what are your opinions about Mixfood Orange and Mixfood ReMix Wavetable?
:reason: Most recent track: resentment (synthwave) || Others: on my YouTube channel •ᴗ•

SoulState

15 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2019
SoulState wrote:
15 Feb 2019

Drum slot 10 man :)
Cheers :puf_bigsmile:

Adabler
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2019

diminished wrote:
15 Feb 2019
Since they are all on sale.. what are your opinions about Mixfood Orange and Mixfood ReMix Wavetable?
I've got them all and I like them. Don't use them that often, but there are a lot of nice, although very wet, sounds to be found within each preset library. The Nature and Urban generators are both a must-buy if you are into ambient soundscapes.
:reason: 12, Win10

diminished
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2019

Adabler wrote:
15 Feb 2019
diminished wrote:
15 Feb 2019
I've got them all and I like them. Don't use them that often, but there are a lot of nice, although very wet, sounds to be found within each preset library. The Nature and Urban generators are both a must-buy if you are into ambient soundscapes.
The Nature generator is not on sale, hopefully it will be another day.
That Urban one looks promising, thanks for pointing it out!

Adabler
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2019

diminished wrote:
15 Feb 2019
The Nature generator is not on sale, hopefully it will be another day.
That Urban one looks promising, thanks for pointing it out!
Ah, I don't see the prices as I already own all of them, just assumed everything were for sale, which is usually the case with Corbach.
:reason: 12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

15 Feb 2019

This is greeeeeeaaaat!!! Buy it. Do it now!!! :):):)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

SoulState

15 Feb 2019

:reason: I'm a big fan of this thing! Sequencer's sooo inspiring :clap:

Re8et
Competition Winner

20 Feb 2019

MrFigg wrote:
15 Feb 2019
This is greeeeeeaaaat!!! Buy it. Do it now!!! :):):)
Is this Reaktor 5? It looks and sound so damn close :puf_smile: :puf_smile:

=- But I can't resist to the MAGIC WORDS!!!!!!!!!!!

• Information