Auto-Theory + CV Player Tap : How to connect them properly

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Mode7

15 Jan 2019

Hi,

I'm not a very talented programmer so I just can't figure out how to connect AutoTheory to CV Player Tap to make Auto-Theory work as a player (with the "copy to track function).

Could anyone suggest me a tutorial or something ?

I constantly use Scales and chords Player, but I intend to use Auto-Theory to go a little bit further in termes of composition and variety (plus the strumming feature included in thta RE).

Same thing with System 9 drum sequencers. Those are RE that I don't use anymore since we have Props players, but they still have some interesting and exclusive features.

Thank you

w1pl0c

15 Jan 2019

Got it. Create combinator and throw an Autotheory in it. Go to the programmer and disable 'Recieve Notes' for Autotheory. Route Gate and CV from Autotheory to Tap, and from tap into the Combinator. Create note track for Autotheory and pencil in the progression. Click Notes to Track.

You can use the dual arp with it too if you put it in line after the Tap player!!! Buuut Its a little clunky with gate info

This is useful, thanks for asking about it!

challism

15 Jan 2019

Just put Autotheory above the Tap Player. Then run Autotheory's gate/note outs into tap's gate/note ins. Put your instrument below the Tap Player. Record/draw your notes for Autotheory and then hit "send to track" on Tap Player.

If you put Autotheory below the Tap Player, it will create this feedback loop that never stops, because it is forever feeding itself notes, so you have to put Autotheory above the Tap Player. (or deselect "receive notes" in a combi)
autotheory tap.zip
(2.67 KiB) Downloaded 67 times
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Mode7

17 Jan 2019

TRhanks a lot, gonna try this out.

• Information