Toggling does it line up when mapping my controller buttons to Reason buttons

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
jason.allen.3572

05 Jan 2019

So my Novation launchkey has awesome light up pads that will light up when I map them to say a combinator button. This is super useful for live use because I can write over scotch tape on the button and have a great visual for what patch I have engaged....
I have tried this on an Arturia controller and a Keith Macmillan controller and the lights on the pads line up with the Reason buttons every other cycle. It’s like the Reason buttons go through a 3 step cycle instead of just ON/OFF.
I’ve been going crazy trying to figure this out!!!
Anyone have any idea????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reasonable man

05 Jan 2019

I may not be explaining this right.
The Combi Buttons as far as i know are toggle switches . They're on - off- on switches which means you are right you have to hit the button twice . Once to switch it on (whatever its mapped to ) once to switch it off again........... and another to switch it back on again (if you want)
So i'm guessing the pads on your controller (if thy're mapped to combi buttons) will only light up when you press them once (which also means that they're actively doing they're thing ..which may not be what you want.
They're not ableton live style pad buttons where you can repeatedly hit a a buton and it will fire off a sample or sequence or loop or whatever repeatedly every time you hit the button. Those buttons are constantly on ... presing them will just activate what they're mapped to. Combi buttons are either on or off..not contantly on . They;re a different type of button .

• Information