Advanced Step Sequencer

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Neo

03 Jan 2019

Firstly Happy New Year, and do you guys have a favourite?
Lectric Panda LLCs <Kompulsion> or Robotic Bean ABs <Step Note Recorder> or ..?

I was looking to do this:

- In-case im flamed I already attempted to trial Step Note II but its just not showing up. I did "sync all"..still nothing. Trialed another 2 random REs and they do show up in "products". Anyway... a few days left on the sale and thought to ask.
Cheers all.
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

antic604

04 Jan 2019

Korde seems to be more of a match for the M4L device you posted:
https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... sequencer/

m.arthur

04 Jan 2019

Kompulsion !!

@antic604 -- Kompulsion includes the functionality of Korde. They basically took their drum sequencer and chord sequencer and combined them into one do-it-all sequencer, Kompulsion.

It's like a Polyphonic Matrix with a dozen extra features.

antic604

04 Jan 2019

m.arthur wrote:
04 Jan 2019
Kompulsion !!

@antic604 -- Kompulsion includes the functionality of Korde. They basically took their drum sequencer and chord sequencer and combined them into one do-it-all sequencer, Kompulsion.

It's like a Polyphonic Matrix with a dozen extra features.
Oh, I'm aware of this but Korde is 40EUR cheaper :)

If money is not an issue then indeed Kompulsion it is! :thumbs_up:

scratchnsnifff

04 Jan 2019

Iv tried to use kompulsion but I can’t find an easy workflow for it. I bought it thinking that the arp mode would be better than I thought. But the part I don’t like is how I can’t seem to find a way to lock certain notes in the note editor. Is there a latch feature? Or a way to determine which notes can be played? I’d like to be able to set a scale. And then use the note drawing area to only play certain notes of a scale. (Well I’d like to use almost all the notes in a scale)

Maybe there’s a better tutorial for it somewhere. I love pandas synth! And I hope he makes another. Nostromo is one of the best Res out there. He definitely killed it on his first try with a synth. I love how it is a multi sequencer based synth. I just hope he makes one with user waves next time :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

Neo

04 Jan 2019

Thank you for all your replies and the price consideration. Our Australian AUD at the moment is indeed gówno/skit* lol
:reason: :re: :ignition: Atari 1040ST | R11 Suite 🡭 R12 | i7 | RME

mjxl

05 Jan 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:Iv tried to use kompulsion but I can’t find an easy workflow for it. I bought it thinking that the arp mode would be better than I thought. But the part I don’t like is how I can’t seem to find a way to lock certain notes in the note editor. Is there a latch feature? Or a way to determine which notes can be played? I’d like to be able to set a scale. And then use the note drawing area to only play certain notes of a scale. (Well I’d like to use almost all the notes in a scale)

Maybe there’s a better tutorial for it somewhere. I love pandas synth! And I hope he makes another. Nostromo is one of the best Res out there. He definitely killed it on his first try with a synth. I love how it is a multi sequencer based synth. I just hope he makes one with user waves next time :)
Since you can define sixteen notes for the arp, just draw a sequencer clip with all the notes you are going to use.

Disable Kompulsion and slap a Scales 'n Chords in front, filter notes on and select a scale.
Then draw notes in the sequencer, now you will hear which you can/can't take. (Make it a couple of blocks long i guess)

If you're happy with your selection of notes, you can now set up the arp. :3

Sent from my LG-h870 using Tapatalk

xylyx

05 Jan 2019

I'm hoping that the Props will add midi out to their VST support at some [near] future point, then I can get back to using Thesys, which does pretty much all of what that M4L addon does and more...

demt

05 Jan 2019

xylyx wrote:
05 Jan 2019
I'm hoping that the Props will add midi out to their VST support at some [near] future point, then I can get back to using Thesys, which does pretty much all of what that M4L addon does and more...
seconded!!!
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

scratchnsnifff

05 Jan 2019

mjxl wrote:
05 Jan 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:Iv tried to use kompulsion but I can’t find an easy workflow for it. I bought it thinking that the arp mode would be better than I thought. But the part I don’t like is how I can’t seem to find a way to lock certain notes in the note editor. Is there a latch feature? Or a way to determine which notes can be played? I’d like to be able to set a scale. And then use the note drawing area to only play certain notes of a scale. (Well I’d like to use almost all the notes in a scale)

Since you can define sixteen notes for the arp, just draw a sequencer clip with all the notes you are going to use.

Disable Kompulsion and slap a Scales 'n Chords in front, filter notes on and select a scale.
Then draw notes in the sequencer, now you will hear which you can/can't take. (Make it a couple of blocks long i guess)

Thanks for the tip. I honestly didn’t even think about using the sequencer. I’ll try that out tomorrow. I haven’t used it in a while, but I remember really liking all of the availability of the settings:)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

mjxl

05 Jan 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:
mjxl wrote:
05 Jan 2019

Thanks for the tip. I honestly didn’t even think about using the sequencer. I’ll try that out tomorrow. I haven’t used it in a while, but I remember really liking all of the availability of the settings:)
:thumbs_up: :P

You could also put a Note Echo and Scales 'n Chords on top like this :thumbs_up:
(the second one is for octaves obviously :P)
Annotation 2019-01-06 031758.jpg
Annotation 2019-01-06 031758.jpg (191.86 KiB) Viewed 1115 times

m.arthur

05 Jan 2019

I never use the arp mode in Kompulsion, personally. But I'm not a big Arp guy, I much prefer step sequencers. Kompulsion fits all my needs there nicely. And it certainly does everything that M4L program does, so the OP should really give it a look.

• Information