Top 5 RE's On Your Wishlist?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
eXode

05 Jan 2019

Flavolous wrote:
04 Jan 2019
Loque wrote:
03 Jan 2019

Maybe something like this?
https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... ompressor/

Good shout, my only question would be what can I buy for £150 if dont buy this. Is this the best compressor on the market, i doubt i'd even pay half the price as the ROI is ridiculously bad. Don't get me wrong I have TubeTech and yes that more than double the price. But TubeTech has saved me some serious time since day one, it pays back its ROI in time saved. I just dont see the FET adding anywhere near that kind of value to my rack. Hoping someone like Red Rock or synapse creates a more affordable 1176 emulation
I understand that the thread is about RE, but for compressors in particular I'd consider the u-he presswerk VST over most other options, especially around that price point.

FLVZ

06 Jan 2019

eXode wrote:
05 Jan 2019

I understand that the thread is about RE, but for compressors in particular I'd consider the u-he presswerk VST over most other options, especially around that price point.
I guess compressors are one of the type of effects with little benefit existing in RE form, so I might turn to a VST and this looks pretty extensive actually!
Loque wrote:
04 Jan 2019

I can understand the problem with the price tag. But it was you that asked for a "decent 1176" compressor and this is quite good and is not as expensive as the UAD software or hardware version.
Yeah you're right, I did credit the suggestion as a good shout though :D
aeox wrote:
04 Jan 2019

Wait for mix and mastering bundle to go on sale
Good suggestion, but I always end up refraining from the Rig Bundles as I'm usually only interested in less than 30% of the items "in them" making it cheaper to buy them seperate when the sales begin...

Ostermilk

07 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
05 Jan 2019
dvdrtldg wrote:
04 Jan 2019

DCam Chan Comp is a decent 1176 emulation, a bit harder to control than the Softube but it's fast and snappy

But does it have to be RE? Waves CLA 76 is pretty nice, and always on sale
Never heard that DCAM emulates a 1176. Got to check that.
I think you probably have heard of it.

https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... -chancomp/

Loque

07 Jan 2019

Ostermilk wrote:
07 Jan 2019
Loque wrote:
05 Jan 2019

Never heard that DCAM emulates a 1176. Got to check that.

Yea, i know this compressor and got it with a Rig. But it sounds so bad IMO. If i need to choose between Softube FET and DCAM, without thinking 1ms i would chose Softube FET.
Reason12, Win10

antic604

07 Jan 2019

Nothing, until I know what's coming in Reason v11 :)

Wobbleburger

07 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
07 Jan 2019
Ostermilk wrote:
07 Jan 2019

Yea, i know this compressor and got it with a Rig. But it sounds so bad IMO. If i need to choose between Softube FET and DCAM, without thinking 1ms i would chose Softube FET.
I got the SoftTube FET in the Mix/Master Bundle and I love it. It coming with the C670 and 4Dyne were bonuses. I haven't tried the DCAMS yet but I'm loving everything included in the bundle. I also want to try Dyn-a-mite. Is this one pretty good?
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

Loque

07 Jan 2019

Wobbleburger wrote:
07 Jan 2019
Loque wrote:
07 Jan 2019

I got the SoftTube FET in the Mix/Master Bundle and I love it. It coming with the C670 and 4Dyne were bonuses. I haven't tried the DCAMS yet but I'm loving everything included in the bundle. I also want to try Dyn-a-mite. Is this one pretty good?
At first...i gave that DCAM another chance today and if you reduce that saturation, it can be usefull. With too much (default) saturation it just sounds crap. But maybe i like this one in near future.

The Dynamite is very good. But i hear a click on some material if it kicks in, which i do not really like and there is no chance to remove it. I use it mainly for gating/expanding. The limiter is not so my favorite. Did not tried the side chaning much, but it works quite good when i tried it.

Today i reach more often to Kilohearts Gate for my gate needs.
Reason12, Win10

• Information