Whether or not to by Mix Rig 3

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Wobbleburger

21 Dec 2018

I currently have the 29$ a month subscription and was considering the Mix/Mastering Rig. I also obv want the synthetic one... Is it worth it? It's 180$ right now and I figure that's 6 months of the subscription. I could lower the subscription to cover just the synths/samplers and random other stuff the bundle doesnt contain.

Is the SoftTube and Synapse GQ worth it alone? Also, how are the patches/mastering combinators?

I'm on the fence!!

Thanks.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

Loque

21 Dec 2018

It contains cool stuff. The probably best stuff imo is:
* FET Compressor
* FRG Compressor
* Kratos
* Leveler
* Dynamite
* GQ-7
* C670

Ok:
* FutzBox
* Polar
* RP Verb
* DeEsser
* TSAR-1R
* DR-1
* Khs Stuff (just Faturator is not that good imo)
* 4Dyn
* MultiBand Compressor
* Gain
* DCam EnvShaper

Meehhh:
* The Exciter and Enhancer - i am not a fan in general of such devices
* The other EQs...well, they are EQs, but maybe i am just a ignorant
* Disperser - never warmed up with it

Sux:
* DCam Compressor

Considering my list, the "best stuff" RE are worth it alone. Here are a few hints:
* Check the Synapse bundle, so those devices may not count at all
* The McDSP Compressor bundle...cheaper from time to time a sbig VST bundle, cost last time 30 bucks or so with a few more compressor
* Check out The Works from Khs. Its good stuff, might be a bit expensive at first sight
* Better buy high quality stuff, instead of lots of cheap crap. You gonna start with crap, go to next level, than finally buy more expensive high quality stuff and never gonna touch cheap crap again. Maybe consider to buy one good Dynamic EQ instead of a bunch of useless EQs and Multiband Compressors. Buy 2-5 good compressors, with each different character for different material. Same goes for synths - i barly touch the standard-synths and most of the time go to the unique or high quality stuff. Do not buy 5 cheap synths, where you can have one power house for the same price. Same goes for fx...some reverb just sound, yea, crap, other sound smooth, lush, real, just good. Best in every case, even if it costs time - try it and buy only, if it is good, not if it is cheap.
Reason12, Win10

Wobbleburger

21 Dec 2018

Well I own Kratos... It seems like this might be worth it for soft tube and eq's ... You can't rent the soft tube FET tho... I'm renting most of the other stuff already so I trust the quality. Definitely some stinkers in there. Futz is kinda neat but I can't think of a stylistic reason to emulate crap speakers. I do like 4dyn too... I'm leaning towards buy. I agree with you on the synths but that's a whole different purchase for me. I have Serum and Europa and I love those.
In the 90s, my midi music was on the Baulder's Gate site. That was my life peak.
Reasonite since 2000. My music (and my old midi) can be found here:
https://futurewizard.org

DoctoralHermit

22 Dec 2018

Loque wrote:
21 Dec 2018
It contains cool stuff. The probably best stuff imo is:
* FET Compressor
* FRG Compressor
* Kratos
* Leveler
* Dynamite
* GQ-7
* C670

Ok:
* FutzBox
* Polar
* RP Verb
* DeEsser
* TSAR-1R
* DR-1
* Khs Stuff (just Faturator is not that good imo)
* 4Dyn
* MultiBand Compressor
* Gain
* DCam EnvShaper

Meehhh:
* The Exciter and Enhancer - i am not a fan in general of such devices
* The other EQs...well, they are EQs, but maybe i am just a ignorant
* Disperser - never warmed up with it

Sux:
* DCam Compressor

Considering my list, the "best stuff" RE are worth it alone. Here are a few hints:
* Check the Synapse bundle, so those devices may not count at all
* The McDSP Compressor bundle...cheaper from time to time a sbig VST bundle, cost last time 30 bucks or so with a few more compressor
* Check out The Works from Khs. Its good stuff, might be a bit expensive at first sight
* Better buy high quality stuff, instead of lots of cheap crap. You gonna start with crap, go to next level, than finally buy more expensive high quality stuff and never gonna touch cheap crap again. Maybe consider to buy one good Dynamic EQ instead of a bunch of useless EQs and Multiband Compressors. Buy 2-5 good compressors, with each different character for different material. Same goes for synths - i barly touch the standard-synths and most of the time go to the unique or high quality stuff. Do not buy 5 cheap synths, where you can have one power house for the same price. Same goes for fx...some reverb just sound, yea, crap, other sound smooth, lush, real, just good. Best in every case, even if it costs time - try it and buy only, if it is good, not if it is cheap.
This is a pretty conservative assessment... I'd also include Futzbox, DR-1, TSAR, and Polar as top-notch REs

Oquasec

22 Dec 2018

Shieeeeeet Ima get all 3 rigs. Might as well if Reason's a huge part of your setup.
Producer/Programmer.
Reason, FLS and Cubase NFR user.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2018

Mastering Rig totally worth it.
Synthetic Rig TOTALLY worth it.
Backline Rig...I already had nearly everything in it but well kind of worth it.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Zac

22 Dec 2018

Generally the Rigs are tremendous value at these sale prices... but what I did when buying them was to total up what i would be prepared to pay for each device. If i had a device already it would be zero obviously. Some devices might not be very useful to me so even though the list price was say 89, i might only be prepared to pay 15... some devices i might really want so the price I'd be prepared to pay would be nearer the list price.

If my total was much more than the bundle price then it meant good value to me.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

22 Dec 2018

Zac wrote:
22 Dec 2018
Generally the Rigs are tremendous value at these sale prices... but what I did when buying them was to total up what i would be prepared to pay for each device. If i had a device already it would be zero obviously. Some devices might not be very useful to me so even though the list price was say 89, i might only be prepared to pay 15... some devices i might really want so the price I'd be prepared to pay would be nearer the list price.

If my total was much more than the bundle price then it meant good value to me.
Ha ha. That’s exactly what I did. Got BuffRE for a fiver that way :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

• Information