Complex from Propellerhead

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
demt

25 Jan 2019

only 800 odd watchers where the f**k are we???
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Loque

25 Jan 2019

demt wrote:
25 Jan 2019
A bit more than 200 when i watched this morning...
Reason12, Win10

demt

27 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
25 Jan 2019
demt wrote:
25 Jan 2019

o well i never could master maths pascals triangle is gone
Reason 12 ,gear4 music sdp3 stage piano .nektar gxp 88,behringer umc1800 .line6 spider4 30
hear scince reason 2.5

Crumbfort

27 Jan 2019

Yeah Divkid!! His videos are the best.
Descent: Legends of the Dark // Darkeport Productions // The LotR: ACG // Blue Zones (Netflix) // Chef's Table (Netflix)

(Composer for visual media / Adeptus Mechanicus Synthseer)

Loque

27 Jan 2019

demt wrote:
27 Jan 2019
Loque wrote:
25 Jan 2019

Around 1600 now. No math needed to know that there are interested ppl.
Reason12, Win10

demt

29 Jan 2019

Loque wrote:
27 Jan 2019
demt wrote:
27 Jan 2019

Around 1600 now. No math needed to know that there are interested ppl.
jeez reality finally returns to planet earth as they say
hear scince reason 2.5

scratchnsnifff

29 Jan 2019

I have a question about the few waveforms In complex1
I know it’s modeled after the buchla modular system or whatever, but does anyone think that they will add more waveforms? It’s fun using it for FM and the waveshaper makes a big difference, but I feel like it would be better if it had more than the standard waveforms

Does it have to be a 1:1 model of the buchla? Would having the extra waveforms be nonsensical to users of this synth? Or would it be seen as a welcome edition? I love using complex when I want to get lost on one synth patch:D
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

selig
RE Developer

29 Jan 2019

scratchnsnifff wrote:I have a question about the few waveforms In complex1
I know it’s modeled after the buchla modular system or whatever, but does anyone think that they will add more waveforms? It’s fun using it for FM and the waveshaper makes a big difference, but I feel like it would be better if it had more than the standard waveforms

Does it have to be a 1:1 model of the buchla? Would having the extra waveforms be nonsensical to users of this synth? Or would it be seen as a welcome edition? I love using complex when I want to get lost on one synth patch:D
Pure speculation, but I would think it’s rather doubtful there will be additional waveforms - but who knows.

It’s not at all a 1:1 clone - look at the Buchla Complex Waveform Generator and you’ll see little similarity.

But that being said, one of the huge advantages of a mono synth is that you can use external elements more freely than in a poly synth. You can easily use an external oscillator from any Reason/RE/VST synth or module, and run it through Complex (and route Complex-1 CV out to control it).

I routinely use Pulsar for two additional LFOs while building patches in Complex-1. You can also use another Complex-1 just for oscillators (or LFOs, or for another filter), then route that into the main Complex-1 for further processing. Put them in a Combinator and you don’t even have to route pitch/gate signals. Lots more possibilities than what’s included in one instance of Complex-1!
:)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk
Selig Audio, LLC

Faastwalker

29 Jan 2019

Crumbfort wrote:
27 Jan 2019
Yeah Divkid!! His videos are the best.
His Eurorack modules videos are brilliant. Perfect for a Eurorack newb like myself. Invaluable.

Great to see the DivKid treatment for Complex-1. An excellent overview, as ever.

borracho

30 Jan 2019

It really shines when using with external devices. I found super cool to modulate frequency of main OSC with Dr.Octorex loops. And it was surprisingly good sound when modulating not frequency but the amount of FM with audio signal from rex-loops.

Re8et
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2019

avasopht wrote:
31 Dec 2018

The reason for it was that I wanted to output an open gate with a held note as a CV to CV Player Tap (CVPT). I think all I wanted was just to see the actual note. But because the gate was open CV PT would instead continue to output the last (and all previously held) notes as if a sustain pedal was held.
HAve you tried Midi cv player if there's any difference with poly cv? I think it's now free for everyone. Not sure I got everything in your post tho, but it looks like smtng I came across. :thumbs_up:

edit: oops, not free anymore, that was last week..
Last edited by Re8et on 30 Jan 2019, edited 1 time in total.

Re8et
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2019

Catblack wrote:
31 Dec 2018
I wanted to try some Complex presets as poly instruments, so I threw together a quick combi. It uses SPEM, but if you don't have that you can just route the mixer out. The effects routed through SPEM are just temporary stock ones, and are bypassed! You'll need Distributor of course.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16B7PF ... Fq5MnRjhvR
Oh, this is great, thank you Catblack!

Re8et
Competition Winner

30 Jan 2019

raymondh wrote:
20 Dec 2018
QVprod wrote:
20 Dec 2018

You can right click to copy patch (current settings) from one and paste to others. You'd still be doing things individually, but it's quick and you won't be dealing with saving and loading presets if that's what you meant.

A way to link the synths (like we can now do with faders) would be welcomed though.
That's awesome! Thanks very much!
Something like chaining, maybe it could be a auto-chain container, much like combinator, that would get retrocompatibility also. The Roland Se-02 has a nice chaining function, actually most of the Boutique series has that, it's really nice (and expensive, but the note skipping is bad. Distributor is very handy to correct that. ). Nice idea. :thumbs_up:

theshoemaker

30 Jan 2019

selig wrote:
29 Jan 2019
scratchnsnifff wrote:I have a question about the few waveforms In complex1

Pure speculation, but I would think it’s rather doubtful there will be additional waveforms - but who knows.

It’s not at all a 1:1 clone - look at the Buchla Complex Waveform Generator and you’ll see little similarity.

But that being said, one of the huge advantages of a mono synth is that you can use external elements more freely than in a poly synth. You can easily use an external oscillator from any Reason/RE/VST synth or module, and run it through Complex (and route Complex-1 CV out to control it).

I routinely use Pulsar for two additional LFOs while building patches in Complex-1. You can also use another Complex-1 just for oscillators (or LFOs, or for another filter), then route that into the main Complex-1 for further processing. Put them in a Combinator and you don’t even have to route pitch/gate signals. Lots more possibilities than what’s included in one instance of Complex-1!
:)

Sent from some crappy device using Tapatalk

This ... and the envelopes from europa or grain from time to time. I just love how the work. Having said that ... trial time over, have to buy complex now :D
:PUF_figure: latest :reason: V12 on MacOS Ventura

Reasonable man

30 Jan 2019

Credit to Mattais and the team here. Europa and Complex are sonic belters and good on the dsp bar. I can imagine a tricky feat to accomplish.

Aosta

01 Feb 2019

I'm quite sad at the moment.
Downloaded the trial a month ago and played about with it for 10 minutes...few days later I'm hit with a fungal ear infection.
Starting to return to normal now so I fire up reason to find out my trial ran out a few days ago.
Oh well, guess I will have to wait for a mega sale to actually check out this RE.
Tend the flame

AttenuationHz

01 Feb 2019

Or you could rent-to-own!
It is not too much of an ask for people or things to be the best version of itself!

Aosta

01 Feb 2019

AttenuationHz wrote:
01 Feb 2019
Oh yeah :lightbulb: Forgot about that option, thanks :puf_smile:
Tend the flame

geronimo

21 Feb 2019

Update in 1.0.2. version !

buddard
RE Developer

21 Feb 2019

geronimo wrote:
21 Feb 2019
Update in 1.0.2. version !
And no change log, weirdly enough!

geronimo

24 Feb 2019

Evoked by an English monthly well known to all.

https://www.soundonsound.com/techniques ... -1-modular

m.arthur

26 Feb 2019

geronimo wrote:
24 Feb 2019

That article is not available to non-SOS subscribers and won't be for quite a while, so, not a very helpful link I'm afraid :(

Faastwalker

26 Feb 2019

Aosta wrote:
01 Feb 2019
AttenuationHz wrote:
01 Feb 2019
Oh yeah :lightbulb: Forgot about that option, thanks :puf_smile:
That's what I did. First time rent-to-own, didn't want to wait for a possible sale down the track. Had to have it NOW! :D

geronimo

27 Feb 2019

m.arthur wrote:
26 Feb 2019
geronimo wrote:
24 Feb 2019

That article is not available to non-SOS subscribers and won't be for quite a while, so, not a very helpful link I'm afraid :(
In six months, it will be accessible: just need to be patient _

miscend

27 Feb 2019

geronimo wrote:
27 Feb 2019
m.arthur wrote:
26 Feb 2019

In six months, it will be accessible: just need to be patient _
It's not like a subscription costs an arm and a leg.

• Information