Sale on Love One Consulting REs just now

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2018

As it says in the title.
Any recommendations? :)
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

aeox
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2018

Neutron is pretty fun!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2018

aeox wrote: ↑
12 Dec 2018
Neutron is pretty fun!
Just looked and I've already tried it...like maybe a week after it came out. That was a long time ago. Can't remember anything about it but I didn't buy it. That said, I was pretty new to Reason back then.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

aeox
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2018

MrFigg wrote: ↑
12 Dec 2018
aeox wrote: ↑
12 Dec 2018
Neutron is pretty fun!
Just looked and I've already tried it...like maybe a week after it came out. That was a long time ago. Can't remember anything about it but I didn't buy it. That said, I was pretty new to Reason back then.
I bought it to use for making my own "shimmer" reverb in combination with DR-1. There was a lot of stuff that I trialed when I first bought Reason and don't even remember :P

aallvor

12 Dec 2018

You'd be silly if you didn't get Proton :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2018

aallvor wrote: ↑
12 Dec 2018
Isn't it pretty much the same thing as Grain or am I completely wrong?
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2018

I just took a look at the Proton videos and it looks and sounds really cool. To a plug and play guy like me though it looks a bit daunting. I don't know if I have the patience required.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Faastwalker

12 Dec 2018

I remember when Neutron first appeared. I thought it looked interesting, tried it & was blown away by it's ability to create nice textures & interesting soundscape type sounds from all sorts of inputs. Absolutely loved it. Fastest BUY from a TRY ever. I think I played with it for about 20 minutes before clicking BUY. That was a long time ago. We've got some really cool devices along the lines of Neutron now. for $15 still very nice even today. I've also got a real soft spot for Phonetic as well. This appeared before Futzbox, which does a similar job & then some. But it's a nice quirky RE for adding dirt, grit & noise. I'd be buying that for $9 if I didn't already have it. Same for the BZR-1 Chaotic Signal Generator. My go to quick, obscure CV modulation source. Bargain for $9. Again, plenty of other mod sources out there now. But this appeared long before any of them. Still a great RE. Love One do some really cool RE's. I hope they make more.

aallvor

12 Dec 2018

12 Dec 2018
aallvor wrote: ↑
12 Dec 2018
Isn't it pretty much the same thing as Grain or am I completely wrong?
Those who use both say there are differences, I wouldn't know as I'm still on ver 9.5 :)

Loque

12 Dec 2018

Vibro and Proton are a bargain, thats a fact. They offer something unique and have a few features which are still not available in other synths. The GUIs are a bit clunky due to the one-display solution, but they work. Just that ugly ruff paper background is not so inviting. Get it, play it, like it.

What do you guys think about Phonetic?
Reason12, Win10

FLVZ

12 Dec 2018

This whole EP was made using just the Vibro synth, the wobbling pad on "intro" got its texture and fluffiness from one Neutron.

Use Neutron all over this track, all the delays were created with Neutron in particular:

Used a couple of instances of BZR on a whole host of Noise Engineering devices for this track to create instability in a more chaotic way that just using LFOs:

Highly recommend the stuff made by these guys. Grown quite fond of Vibro and it also has a patch randomise feature which is not given enough coverage which you can actually mask (to select the specific parts of the synth you do and dont want to randomise). Not used Proton as I don't sample very often as its a time consuming process which ultimately interupts my creative flow.

scratchnsnifff

12 Dec 2018

I only like to use it as an oscillator in modular setups but vibrio is very fun!

I wish they would update it a little though
Would be nice to see some phase distortion for the oscillators :)
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2018

Loque wrote: ↑
12 Dec 2018
Vibro and Proton are a bargain, thats a fact. They offer something unique and have a few features which are still not available in other synths. The GUIs are a bit clunky due to the one-display solution, but they work. Just that ugly ruff paper background is not so inviting. Get it, play it, like it.

Is the stuff that Proton does that Grain doesn't do complicated to get working? ( And what are those things?). I'm not so good with the sliders, buttons and knobs when it comes to synths. Looks from the videos like a whole lot of esoteric parameter clicking.
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Loque

12 Dec 2018

12 Dec 2018
Loque wrote: ↑
12 Dec 2018

Is the stuff that Proton does that Grain doesn't do complicated to get working? ( And what are those things?). I'm not so good with the sliders, buttons and knobs when it comes to synths. Looks from the videos like a whole lot of esoteric parameter clicking.
For pure grains Proton has a different ADSR behavior, which follow there path to the end of the ADSR. It has also some other algorithms, which produces different results. It is a good addition to Grain if you are into granular stuff.

Vibro can morph between waves and has very good modulation capabilities. Dunno why this feature wasnt mention that often. And it also has a partial editor.
Reason12, Win10

Loque

12 Dec 2018

joeyluck wrote: ↑
12 Dec 2018
I have Phonetic and am a fan of that :thumbup:
More fans here? I tried it once and liked it, but not enough for 29 bucks.
Reason12, Win10

EdGrip

12 Dec 2018

It's 9 bucks now, dude.

Tempted to get Proton at that price, but then I'll have Grain sooner or later...

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2018

Thanks for the recommendations...so basically I should just buy everything ha ha ha :)
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

Zac

12 Dec 2018

12 Dec 2018
Thanks for the recommendations...so basically I should just buy everything ha ha ha :)
Pretty much ;) I have them all apart from Proton.

Anyone getting Vibro... here's 60+ free patches I made for it:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=7508954

MannequinRaces

12 Dec 2018

Recently picked up Proton and Vibro, great prices. Also own Neutron. All good stuff.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2018

MannequinRaces wrote: ↑
12 Dec 2018
Recently picked up Proton and Vibro, great prices. Also own Neutron. All good stuff.
I'd promised myself no more synths. Maaaan!!!
If you had to chose one...?
πŸ—² 2ΰ₯ ᛉ

moneykube

12 Dec 2018

have all three... proton and vibro... first... neutron still needing to play more with it... super neat but having trouble controlling it the way I want to
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

challism

12 Dec 2018

I'm not a fan of their GUI, but I think the devices are really good. LoveOne are definitely one of the RE pioneers.

Both of the synths are excellent, I'm not sure which one I like more. I think I like Vibro better, actually, and mostly due to its mutate/randomization functions. If I remember correctly, Vibro was the first RE to have an randomization feature, which is really cool. And Proton was the first RE that could load sample, IIRC But I think I prefer to use Grain instead of Proton. So I would recommend Vibro, if you can only get one.

As far as their effects go, I prefer Lectric Panda's Fritz to Neutron. Neutron is pretty hard to dial in the sounds I want. Phonetic is a nice noise effect that can be used on all sorts of audio signals, not just vocals.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

muckmclane

12 Dec 2018

challism wrote: ↑
12 Dec 2018

As far as their effects go, I prefer Lectric Panda's Fritz to Neutron.
I completely agree. In my RE folder both RE's are sitting right by each other. When I load Neutron and mess with it for a few minutes, I immediately feel compelled to replace it with Fritz as I can access a world of granular range in seconds with it's random patch generation.
I just want to hear my incoming audio get transformed into something interesting quickly and Neutron having far less features and lacking the ability to save patches (unless saved as a combi) will always be secondary to me. Fritz currently at 25 and Neutron currently at 15, the best choice by far is Fritz.

aeox
Competition Winner

12 Dec 2018

Heres a cmb I made a long time ago with 3 Neutron. To be used in parallel channel!
Neutron shimmer.zip
(2.68 KiB) Downloaded 62 times

I like to use it on pads and things of that nature. I'm sure you could do something similar with fritz although I assume it probably consumes more CPU. I don't remember much from trialing it so I can't recall for good comparison. It is the more powerful device for sure. Sometimes it's more efficient and practical to use one smaller device multiple times in a cmb though.

• Information