Trialing REs

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2018

It’s been 7 years or more since I trialed an RE before purchase. Usually just buy them outright based on the demos. In any case, can anyone remind me what happens when trialing. I remember it shows up in the RE list with an end date. Does it stay downloaded but unusable on your hard drive or does it get removed when you sync after the trial period if you don’t purchase a license? Also, what’s the situation with starting Reason. Do I need to click an option to start with internet verification every time I open Reason? Thanks if you can remind me :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

08 Dec 2018

IIRC it stays downloaded but you have the option to delete. You need the internet connect to trial a RE but the log in window can remember your name and pass if you let it and so then it's a single click.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2018

motuscott wrote:
08 Dec 2018
IIRC it stays downloaded but you have the option to delete. You need the internet connect to trial a RE but the log in window can remember your name and pass if you let it and so then it's a single click.
Great. Thanks. Now maybe I’ll save some cash buying REs which I immediately regret buying. :)
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

makke

08 Dec 2018

Let me borrow your thread! Is there any way to reset this thing? So that I could re-trial some of the RE's? I remember that when I bought Reason Essentials first time, just to test Reason and playing around, I "trialed" all the possible synths and effects pretty much, and never really even played with them. Now that I have bought full Reason and made few songs on it, I would like to trial some of the RE's again, one by one, with time, you know :D Subscription is possible, but I just would like to do the normal trial. Is it possible? Thanks!

MrFigg
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2018

makke wrote:
08 Dec 2018
Let me borrow your thread! Is there any way to reset this thing? So that I could re-trial some of the RE's? I remember that when I bought Reason Essentials first time, just to test Reason and playing around, I "trialed" all the possible synths and effects pretty much, and never really even played with them. Now that I have bought full Reason and made few songs on it, I would like to trial some of the RE's again, one by one, with time, you know :D Subscription is possible, but I just would like to do the normal trial. Is it possible? Thanks!
The immortal question ha ha...and unfortunately the answer is no.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

motuscott

08 Dec 2018

I think I may have seen a trial reset, but they are few and far between.
Who’s using the royal plural now baby? 🧂

Bes
Competition Winner

08 Dec 2018

something that i thought of after watching the CTO talk the other day is that one day we could trial any RE multiple times through our web browsers
- Certified Reason expert

• Information