Announcing Quad Note Generator

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
reggie1979

04 May 2019

For someone like me, this seems to be something special. I'm am not a keyboard player. BTW it has this "Tangerine Dream" vibe going.

soroc sosta

22 May 2019

Quad Note Generator on Sale! Any one still motivated to move on it now? LOL!
I've Kind of lost excitement for it, maybe if its on sale again later this year $$$

Loque

22 May 2019

CrunkNationEnt wrote:
22 May 2019
Quad Note Generator on Sale! Any one still motivated to move on it now? LOL!
I've Kind of lost excitement for it, maybe if its on sale again later this year $$$
Its perfect for me, when i design sounds. Just attach it and it generates nice notes. If you are not that inspired, attach it and wait for a moment and maybe you get a cool note range. Also you could generate signals for further use in the CV eco system. I like it, but i would never had payed the full prive for it. The sale price is still quite pricy imo, but its ok.
Reason12, Win10

manisnotabird

30 May 2019

Is it expected behavior that the stored "freeze" notes don't save with the song file? I froze them for a reason. I'd like it to remember that when I reopen the file.

manisnotabird

30 May 2019

reggie1979 wrote:
04 May 2019
For someone like me, this seems to be something special. I'm am not a keyboard player. BTW it has this "Tangerine Dream" vibe going.
I'm getting some stuff that sounds a lot like Manuel Göttsching's proto-techno classic E2-E4.

Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Jul 2019

To the developers: two or four improvements I would like to see:

1: Fix the 32 step limitations and make it 128 steps, at slow speed it runs all 32 steps at the same speed of a Matrix at 1/16 of a note.
This doesn't sound normal to me... it sounds as if it's 8 steps when patterns are set at slowest 1/4 speed...
2: Make patterns go slower, 1/4 is too fast for many kinds of musical genres... something down to like 16/1 would be good, with all variations in between.
3: Add a global speed/clock knob, with the ability to choose which pattern to control with side switches, three positions, so the main clock will override pattern speed, or scale it. Some scale amount, or divide/multiply window under each switch would be cool.
If that would break the midi chain, think about a midi through option, if that works, you could add a clock cv in on the back also at that point...
4: Add pattern banks, so it is possible to compose something without having to swap player or load another preset just for swapping different speed
5: Remove the to scale window on the right, replace it with something useful, we can use Chord player for scales that is free, that feels just as wasted space. There's pretty useful stuff you can choose from, just trash it, don't think about it, do it. Please.

C :D heezz
quad.PNG
quad.PNG (908.04 KiB) Viewed 950 times

P.s. I know your Boss will say No way, but Love isn't a game, you won't get payed for making this upgrade, because that's how things work when you have a Boss, give this Player some Love, and you'll have our's gratitude instead... :oops:
Last edited by Re8et on 11 Jul 2019, edited 1 time in total.

VariableX

11 Jul 2019

Re8et wrote:
11 Jul 2019
To the developers: two or four improvements I would like to see:

1: Fix the 32 step limitations and make it 128 steps, at slow speed it runs all 32 steps at the same speed of a Matrix at 1/16 of a note.
This doesn't sound normal to me... it sounds as if it's 8 steps when patterns are set at slowest 1/4 speed...
2: Make patterns go slower, 1/4 is too fast for many kinds of musical genres... something down to like 16/1 would be good, with all variations in between.
3: Add a global speed/clock knob, with the ability to choose which pattern to control with side switches, three positions, so the main clock will override pattern speed, or scale it. Some scale amount, or divide/multiply window under each switch would be cool.
If that would break the midi chain, think about a midi through option, if that works, you could add a clock cv in on the back also at that point...
4: Add pattern banks, so it is possible to compose something without having to swap player or load another preset just for swapping different speed
5: Remove the to scale window on the right, replace it with something useful, we can use Chord player for scales that is free, that feels just as wasted space. There's pretty useful stuff you can choose from, just trash it, don't think about it, do it. Please.

C :D heezz

quad.PNG
Good ideas i'm in 👍🏼
And a great point with the scale. Just use the Chords player, its a no brainer as everyone has it.

Dosenhirn

17 Jul 2019

Hi everybody. I share the opinion of Re8et, that the speed of 1/4 is too fast, so i checked the manual of qng in hope to get some tipps for slowing it down. Copied the following line out of the manual:
`QUAD NOTE GENERATOR PLAYER
8RateDSelect the desired rate by dragging up/down in the Rate display.Rates: 1/2, 3/8, 1/4, 3/16, 1/4T, 1/8, 1/8T, 1/16, Shuffle, 1/16T, 1/32, 1/32T, 1/64, 1/128.!Note that selecting Shuffle could in some cases force notes to overlap and thus be played back as single longer notes (due to the “shuffled” repositioning of the notes). If this is not what you want, set the Note Length parameter to a lower value (see “Note Length” below).
Am i just to stupid to achieve 1/2 rate or is Propellerheads manual lying and they removed 1/2 and 3/8. If so i really wish they add 1/2 and 3/8 back

• Information