About Rent to Own

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Melody303

30 Nov 2018

I recall reading that subscriptions were a raw deal for the developers, so I abstained from them (though I did consider doing it to retrial a few RE's before I read about it). Now Rent to Own sounds a lot better for me, and I like the idea of paying full price divided among x months of $10 payments instead of grabbing it during a sale (well, it depends on the actual figures), but I'd just like to make sure first that the developers are getting as good a deal as they do when the devices are bought normally.

I want to get Stringwerk this way, and hopefully I'll also be able to buy Vecto this way (if Rob Papen opts in to the rent to own thing).
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

buddard
RE Developer

30 Nov 2018

Melody303 wrote:
30 Nov 2018
I recall reading that subscriptions were a raw deal for the developers, so I abstained from them (though I did consider doing it to retrial a few RE's before I read about it). Now Rent to Own sounds a lot better for me, and I like the idea of paying full price divided among x months of $10 payments instead of grabbing it during a sale (well, it depends on the actual figures), but I'd just like to make sure first that the developers are getting as good a deal as they do when the devices are bought normally.

I want to get Stringwerk this way, and hopefully I'll also be able to buy Vecto this way (if Rob Papen opts in to the rent to own thing).
Yes, Rent-to-Own is completely fair towards developers: We receive the same share as we do for a regular sale!

Melody303

30 Nov 2018

buddard wrote:
30 Nov 2018
Yes, Rent-to-Own is completely fair towards developers: We receive the same share as we do for a regular sale!
Thanks, good to know. :)
I write acid music in Reason and perform live on a bunch of machines without computers.
Feel free to listen here: melodyklein.bandcamp.com/

• Information