Resonans 1.1 is in the shop!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
User avatar
buddard
Posts: 790
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 29 Nov 2018

We've finally released Resonans Physical Synthesizer 1.1.0, during November as promised! ;)

This is a free update for existing owners of Resonans, and includes the following changes:
  • A new model: Frequency Modulation (FM)
  • 8 additional mod slots
  • New mod source: Constant
  • New mod destinations: Octave and Sub Octave
  • 76 new presets by Navi Retlav and Benedict Roff-Marsh
  • Alt-click or double click on LRN buttons to latch them
  • Easier to distinguish on/off state on toggle buttons
  • New knobs for the physical models, and other graphical enhancements
And we're extending the sale, so Resonans is 33% off through the end of December!

https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... nthesizer/

Last edited by buddard on 29 Nov 2018, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
AzureEyes
Posts: 215
Joined: 23 Aug 2016

Post 29 Nov 2018

Awesome! That has to be a fun module you added!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

antic604

Post 29 Nov 2018

Oh, I got to test it this time & maybe buy it! Great :)

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7288
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 29 Nov 2018

Yeah! Downloading...

Great job!
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

two shoes
Posts: 253
Joined: 13 Jul 2018

Post 29 Nov 2018

thanks, i've been looking forward to this update.

the more i play with Resonans the more i like it, very cool instrument!

tanni
Posts: 111
Joined: 19 Jul 2015

Post 29 Nov 2018

awesome ! I like it if developers have a great perfective maintenance.

User avatar
Catblack
Posts: 884
Joined: 15 Apr 2016

Post 29 Nov 2018

I picked up Resonans hoping you'd add another model! And a free update, too? Very classy.

And those new patches sound wonderful!
If you ain't hip to the rare Housequake, shut up already.

Damn.

User avatar
Arrant
Posts: 309
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 29 Nov 2018

Very nice! Found it a bit limited before so another model which seems more flexible is exactly what it needed.

Now if only we could try it again...

WongoTheSane
Moderator
Posts: 1811
Joined: 14 Sep 2015
Location: Paris, France

Post 29 Nov 2018

Great job! Very nice of you to push an update! Downloading now.

User avatar
challism
Posts: 1820
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 30 Nov 2018

Thank you for the free update, Robotic Bean! You guys are amazing. :)
Reason 2.5, Windows 95, 4MB RAM, 133Mhz CPU, integrated audio 14.4k dial-up modem

:rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt: :reason: :rt:
ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

User avatar
buddard
Posts: 790
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 30 Nov 2018

In case you hadn't noticed, Resonans is now available to Rent to Own!

User avatar
buddard
Posts: 790
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 30 Nov 2018

Arrant wrote:
29 Nov 2018
Very nice! Found it a bit limited before so another model which seems more flexible is exactly what it needed.

Now if only we could try it again...
Unfortunately I don't think it's possible to reset trials anymore, so your options for trying again are either via Subscription or Rent to Own.

antic604

Post 30 Nov 2018

buddard wrote:
30 Nov 2018
In case you hadn't noticed, Resonans is now available to Rent to Own!
Nice! Now I need to consider whether to spread the full cost over 1 year or save 33% upfront :(

User avatar
PinkSlime
Posts: 39
Joined: 24 Feb 2015

Post 30 Nov 2018

Just to say that the new mod sounds great. I am modifying patches I had made with some vibraphone or percussive samples as a basis, changing only the module to the new FM (default settings) and I am getting great, lively synth tones with a synthwav-y aesthetic. The extra mod slots are very welcome and needed. This RE uses some sizable CPU, but it is a noble sacrifice for the great unique sounds you get from it

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7288
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 30 Nov 2018

Arrant wrote:
29 Nov 2018
Very nice! Found it a bit limited before so another model which seems more flexible is exactly what it needed.

Now if only we could try it again...
Its quite easy, if you are into physical modelling, Resonans is defently a option. It shines the most with its audio-in. I know only of one competitor, and this is Chromaphone.

Chromaphone
+ Very good sound
+ Several models (they separated the whole string-uber-modelling stuff in another synth)
+ The models can interact
+ Several models available
- very expensive if you dont get it on sale
- lacks controls to shape the sound further

Resonans
+ 3 models
+ very good sound
+ audio in!
+ price is ok
- no interacting models
- lacks controls to shape the sound further
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

antic604

Post 30 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
30 Nov 2018
Resonans
+ audio in!
Frankly, this is the biggest plus for me, because I promised myself to not get new synths this Black Friday / Cyber Monday period and here I can pretend it's just a more elaborate effect ;) :D

User avatar
AS7RO
Posts: 114
Joined: 04 Aug 2018

Post 30 Nov 2018

This synth is perfect for layering your sound, which adds beautiful and rich textures.
Why are you reading this?

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7288
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 30 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
30 Nov 2018
Loque wrote:
30 Nov 2018
Resonans
+ audio in!
Frankly, this is the biggest plus for me, because I promised myself to not get new synths this Black Friday / Cyber Monday period and here I can pretend it's just a more elaborate effect ;) :D
Exactly. A pretty unique fx. That audio in was the reason i bought it and it pairs perfect with metallic sounds from additive synths.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
bxbrkrz
Posts: 1492
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 30 Nov 2018

buddard wrote:
29 Nov 2018
We've finally released Resonans Physical Synthesizer 1.1.0, during November as promised! ;)

This is a free update for existing owners of Resonans, and includes the following changes:
  • A new model: Frequency Modulation (FM)
  • 8 additional mod slots
  • New mod source: Constant
  • New mod destinations: Octave and Sub Octave
  • 76 new presets by Navi Retlav and Benedict Roff-Marsh
  • Alt-click or double click on LRN buttons to latch them
  • Easier to distinguish on/off state on toggle buttons
  • New knobs for the physical models, and other graphical enhancements
And we're extending the sale, so Resonans is 33% off through the end of December!

https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... nthesizer/

Very smart of you to give us a bit of time letting our wallet to recover after the recent Black Friday massacre :) :thumbs_up:

User avatar
miscend
Posts: 1490
Joined: 09 Feb 2015

Post 03 Dec 2018

I haven't tried the new version yet. The old version sounded really good. But apart from the pluck sounds tended to get easily drowned out when placed in busier mix. Is that a limitation of the synthesis method?

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7288
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 03 Dec 2018

miscend wrote:
03 Dec 2018
I haven't tried the new version yet. The old version sounded really good. But apart from the pluck sounds tended to get easily drowned out when placed in busier mix. Is that a limitation of the synthesis method?
No, it is a limitation of sound design and processing. But i.g. physical modelling synths currently create repeats which are damped by a algorithm and normally the input is just noise - this is where Resonans shines! So the result is mor or less linear from loud to silence and this needs to be changed.

To help a sound cut through, there are a few rules of thumb
* Free space in the spectrum for your sound
* focus the spectrum
* use saturation or exciter or EQ, maybe a transient shaper or a compressor
* Change the attack of the sound in general, make it a short pitch with an envelope or the filter (beside the normal filter-envelope). There are probably tons of possibilities to give a sound more attack and this is important, because it catches the attention and the brain follows the evolution of the sound
* ...
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
miscend
Posts: 1490
Joined: 09 Feb 2015

Post 03 Dec 2018

Loque wrote:
03 Dec 2018
miscend wrote:
03 Dec 2018
I haven't tried the new version yet. The old version sounded really good. But apart from the pluck sounds tended to get easily drowned out when placed in busier mix. Is that a limitation of the synthesis method?
No, it is a limitation of sound design and processing. But i.g. physical modelling synths currently create repeats which are damped by a algorithm and normally the input is just noise - this is where Resonans shines! So the result is mor or less linear from loud to silence and this needs to be changed.

To help a sound cut through, there are a few rules of thumb
* Free space in the spectrum for your sound
* focus the spectrum
* use saturation or exciter or EQ, maybe a transient shaper or a compressor
* Change the attack of the sound in general, make it a short pitch with an envelope or the filter (beside the normal filter-envelope). There are probably tons of possibilities to give a sound more attack and this is important, because it catches the attention and the brain follows the evolution of the sound
* ...
Not spent much time programming my own patches apart from editing the included presets. But honestly there’s a very generous and wide selection of presets on offer here. Generally I will work on getting sounds to fit in using arrangement techniques before reaching out for processors. So I will normally select patches to occupy a section of the spectrum that is vacant. Apart from metallic sounds like plucks and bell sounds, which I think are this synths main strength, I find it’s not exactly trivial to get mono leads or basses for example that cut through easily. Like you say maybe I need to carve out space with eq and do some transient processing. However there are other synths which can get to the same result quicker with less processing.

User avatar
Loque
Posts: 7288
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 03 Dec 2018

miscend wrote:
03 Dec 2018
Loque wrote:
03 Dec 2018


No, it is a limitation of sound design and processing. But i.g. physical modelling synths currently create repeats which are damped by a algorithm and normally the input is just noise - this is where Resonans shines! So the result is mor or less linear from loud to silence and this needs to be changed.

To help a sound cut through, there are a few rules of thumb
* Free space in the spectrum for your sound
* focus the spectrum
* use saturation or exciter or EQ, maybe a transient shaper or a compressor
* Change the attack of the sound in general, make it a short pitch with an envelope or the filter (beside the normal filter-envelope). There are probably tons of possibilities to give a sound more attack and this is important, because it catches the attention and the brain follows the evolution of the sound
* ...
Not spent much time programming my own patches apart from editing the included presets. But honestly there’s a very generous and wide selection of presets on offer here. Generally I will work on getting sounds to fit in using arrangement techniques before reaching out for processors. So I will normally select patches to occupy a section of the spectrum that is vacant. Apart from metallic sounds like plucks and bell sounds, which I think are this synths main strength, I find it’s not exactly trivial to get mono leads or basses for example that cut through easily. Like you say maybe I need to carve out space with eq and do some transient processing. However there are other synths which can get to the same result quicker with less processing.
Exactly. There are different synths for different jobs. Resonans wouldn't be my first choice for a mono synth bass, but it can create something special in that area if needed.
:reason: 11, Win10 64Bit.

Mr. Watts
Posts: 132
Joined: 05 Sep 2017

Post 03 Dec 2018

Very excited for this update. Haven’t got much use out of Resonans since impulse buying it about a year ago but am interested in it once again. Now I just have to wait for at&t to reset my hotspot data so I can use it all up in a day to download updated and recently bought plugins. Smh

Soeno
Posts: 245
Joined: 09 Dec 2017

Post 21 Jan 2019

way more useful with this update, more agressive tones possible, enjoying the new presets

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot], dandandaaan, Sterioevo and 5 guests