GUI bug in latest Reason 10.2 update

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Ted Pikul
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Aug 2018

Post 28 Nov 2018

I just loaded up The Legend RE today and saw this:

The knobs are falling off! Has anyone else noticed this?

User avatar
aeox
Posts: 1844
Joined: 23 Feb 2017
Location: Oregon

Post 28 Nov 2018

whoahh

Last edited by aeox on 24 May 2018, edited too many times in total.

Ted Pikul
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Aug 2018

Post 28 Nov 2018

Okay, I'm glad I'm not the only one seeing this. I did just update to 10.2.1.

Arkaea
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Jan 2015

Post 28 Nov 2018

Image


Windows 8.1 ...core i7 2,8ghz
Last update of reason
Last edited by Arkaea on 28 Nov 2018, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
buddard
Posts: 474
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 28 Nov 2018

I don't see this on Reason 10.2.1 on macOS (10.12.6).
Which OS are you running?

Arkaea
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Jan 2015

Post 28 Nov 2018

buddard wrote:I don't see this on Reason 10.2.1 on macOS (10.12.6).
Which OS are you running?
Windows 8.1 with thé last update ..


Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

User avatar
Ahornberg
Posts: 1546
Joined: 15 Jan 2016
Location: Vienna, Austria

Post 28 Nov 2018

Interestingly, not all knobs are affected.

User avatar
Emian
Posts: 651
Joined: 16 Jan 2015

Post 28 Nov 2018

WOW , this is WAY beyond removing Subtractor screws !


"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

User avatar
Creativemind
Posts: 2446
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: Stoke-On-Trent, England, UK

Post 28 Nov 2018

Emian wrote:
28 Nov 2018
WOW , this is WAY beyond removing Subtractor screws !
:lol:

Same thing is happening on mine as well. Latest Reason on Windows 10. Seems something is wrong in the coding of Re's since the update.

Anyone reported it?
:reason:

Reason 10.2

Ted Pikul
Posts: 6
Joined: 29 Aug 2018

Post 28 Nov 2018

Evidently, the Propellerhead crew is aware of the problem. It seems to be a Windows-only bug. The only RE's that I have seen with this problem are The Legend and D16's Decimort and Devastor. I assume that a fix will be released fairly soon.

Jmax
Posts: 513
Joined: 03 Apr 2015

Post 28 Nov 2018

Slightly disturbing in a cool way!

User avatar
challism
Posts: 1339
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 29 Nov 2018

All the knobs are messed up except for the filter type knob. The knobs all look like they are cut in half and when I turn them they scroll up/down. This is very strange behavior. This started shortly after I installed the newest Reason 10 update to my 3rd computer. I have the same update installed on 2 other computers and they aren't giving me any trouble with this RE (all 3 computers are running Windows 7). I uninstalled/reinstalled the RE, restarted the computer, still glitching.

I can live with the glitch because it's only on one of three of my computers and I totally love this RE, but thought this was strange enough to share with you all.


User avatar
Loque
Posts: 4244
Joined: 28 Dec 2015

Post 29 Nov 2018

Since this seem to be a bug in the latest Reason version and it happens only on one of your three computers, it would be interesting where the difference of your computers is?
:reason: 10, Win10 64Bit.

User avatar
challism
Posts: 1339
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 29 Nov 2018

Computer 1 (no issues)
Windows 7 Ultimate SP1
CPU Intel 2020M, 8GB RAM

Computer 2 (no issues)
Windows 7 Pro SP1
CPU AMD FX 8350 8-core, 8 GB RAM

Computer 3 (issues with this computer)
Windows 7 Ultimate
CPU Intel Core i7-3540M, 8 GB RAM

User avatar
Marco Raaphorst
Posts: 2210
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 29 Nov 2018

Yeah Reason GUI issue, see also viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7509887
Marco Raaphorst

Music & soundware https://melodiefabriek.com.
Check out my new ReFill Rockmen: https://melodiefabriek.com/blog/rockmen ... available/

User avatar
geronimo
Posts: 327
Joined: 17 Jan 2015
Location: France

Post 29 Nov 2018

buddard wrote:
28 Nov 2018
I don't see this on Reason 10.2.1 on macOS (10.12.6).
I confirm: it's work fine under SIERRA (10.12.6) .

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1357
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 29 Nov 2018

Same thing here. On Decimort 2 & Devastor 2. Very strange. I'm running Windows 10 Pro.

Image

I broke my own rule - I usually wait & let everyone else be the guinea pigs for new products / updates. Upgraded 1 day after release on this one. My dumb ass!!

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1433
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post 29 Nov 2018

Call me stupid, but seeing the release notes of the 10.2.1 and those glitches actually make me EXCITED because it finally looks like they're messing about in the core of the Reason - audio engine, GUI, etc.!!! Everything I've seen so far since I got Reason 1+ year ago was stuff 'around' the core - pleayers, scripted actions, etc. I'm quite hyped because of that :D
Reason 10 // Bitwig 2 // Live 10 @ Surface Pro 4 i7 8/256GB
My music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
Marco Raaphorst
Posts: 2210
Joined: 22 Jan 2015

Post 29 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
29 Nov 2018
Call me stupid, but seeing the release notes of the 10.2.1 and those glitches actually make me EXCITED because it finally looks like they're messing about in the core of the Reason - audio engine, GUI, etc.!!! Everything I've seen so far since I got Reason 1+ year ago was stuff 'around' the core - pleayers, scripted actions, etc. I'm quite hyped because of that :D
It's simply a bug. This is filmstrip animation and I am absolutely sure the Props are not going to change it. In fact: all REs will be supported for many years to come.
Marco Raaphorst

Music & soundware https://melodiefabriek.com.
Check out my new ReFill Rockmen: https://melodiefabriek.com/blog/rockmen ... available/

User avatar
challism
Posts: 1339
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 29 Nov 2018

So far I've noticed the glitch with these REs:
Devastor2
Decimort2
Hamu MidiTapper
Beat Crush

User avatar
challism
Posts: 1339
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 29 Nov 2018

So far I've noticed the glitch with these REs:
Devastor2
Decimort2
Hamu MidiTapper
Beat Crush

User avatar
kuhliloach
Posts: 566
Joined: 09 Dec 2015

Post 29 Nov 2018

I have this bug.

User avatar
antic604
Posts: 1433
Joined: 23 Oct 2017
Location: Warsaw, Poland

Post 30 Nov 2018

Marco Raaphorst wrote:
29 Nov 2018
antic604 wrote:
29 Nov 2018
Call me stupid, but seeing the release notes of the 10.2.1 and those glitches actually make me EXCITED because it finally looks like they're messing about in the core of the Reason - audio engine, GUI, etc.!!! Everything I've seen so far since I got Reason 1+ year ago was stuff 'around' the core - pleayers, scripted actions, etc. I'm quite hyped because of that :D
It's simply a bug. This is filmstrip animation and I am absolutely sure the Props are not going to change it. In fact: all REs will be supported for many years to come.
I've no idea what are you trying to say? Or at least how it's relevant in relation to my post?
Reason 10 // Bitwig 2 // Live 10 @ Surface Pro 4 i7 8/256GB
My music: https://soundcloud.com/antic604

User avatar
Faastwalker
Posts: 1357
Joined: 15 Jan 2015

Post 30 Nov 2018

antic604 wrote:
30 Nov 2018
I've no idea what are you trying to say? Or at least how it's relevant in relation to my post?
I’m just interested in how a point update has caused this sort of glitch. I’m half expecting to see a black cat walk past twice!! :shock: Anyway, I hope they fix it soon. I only bought Devastor 2 a few days ago. Not had a chance to give it a spin yet ..... well, I’ve spun the knobs up and down like a fruit machine! That’s about it. If I get 3 cherry’s Do I win some money?!

User avatar
challism
Posts: 1339
Joined: 17 Jan 2015

Post 30 Nov 2018

I just realized that this update is different than the first 10.2 update. My other two computers are telling me that Reason has an update available, but they already have the 10.2 update. So I updated them both to this latest build and now ALL THREE of my computers are having this same issue. So it's definitely a problem with this latest update and Windows operating systems.

I think I'm going to reinstall Reason 10.2

http://cdn.propellerheads.se/Reason10/Reason_1020.zip

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: CommonCrawl [Bot] and 5 guests