Kompulsion or Korde – no Slide feature?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
anthropomorphous

23 Nov 2018

I bought Kompulsion yesterday as a Matrix replacement and a drum sequencer that can control all 16 pads of Kong but there’s something missing I was hoping for... namely the slide feature in Matrix where you shift+click and drag on the velocity section to slide one note in the sequencer to the next one. I’ve also looked at the Korde manual since but can’t see that feature there either or am I just missing it perhaps as a different name?

Emian

23 Nov 2018

Step sequencer has a slide (tie) function, great to use with ABL3 for example

"i might be established, but i'll never be establishement "
- Dave Clarke -www.soundcloud.com/emian

cognitive

23 Nov 2018

In Kompulsion, if you set the Length (duration) of a note to 100%, it will automatically slide into the next note.

anthropomorphous

23 Nov 2018

Yeah I've been looking at Step note recorder because it takes me back to MED and OctaMED days of inputting notes one by one but I've been a bit too weak on controlling my wallet lately and have to reign it in. It's on my wishlist though.
I have ABL2 and that's what I wanted it for with some dirty Scream distortion instead of the inbuilt distortion with a Pulsar on the cutoff ;) just too much fun.
Emian wrote:
23 Nov 2018
Step sequencer has a slide (tie) function, great to use with ABL3 for example

anthropomorphous

23 Nov 2018

Ah thank you. I'm at work just now so I can't test it out but I will do so later on. Thanks.
cognitive wrote:
23 Nov 2018
In Kompulsion, if you set the Length (duration) of a note to 100%, it will automatically slide into the next note.

Boombastix
Competition Winner

23 Nov 2018

Yeah, you can tie notes this way. See below vid.

But you cannot "slide" the timing of the notes, ie have a clap hit a little before the kick. The stock drum sequencer does this. I HAVE ASKED THE DEVELOPER A COUPLE OF TIMES TO ADD THIS FEATURE. But so far no definitive response. It really kills Kompulsion's usability for drums in my opinion. I hope it will be updated soon.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

10% off at Waves with link: https://www.waves.com/r/6gh2b0
Disclaimer - I get 10% as well.

two shoes

23 Nov 2018

I’d also like to see this added to Kompulsion at some point - I’d assumed it was included.

• Information