SABOTAGE [3-band Multi-FX Crossover] now in shop

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
turn2on
RE Developer

16 Nov 2018

front.jpg
front.jpg (157.1 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
SABOTAGE is a three band crossover effect that splits an audio signal into Low / Mid / High bands, sending the signal to the Main Output and individual 3-band outputs, but it’s not just a crossover effect.
The main principle of the device is a 3 band crossover with band effects. Every Band [Low / Mid / High] includes its own effects allowing you to morph between these three bands and their effects.
The device also includes Break Inputs for additional incoming signals for each band.
All bands include their own effects: Multimode filter, Distortion with modes, Phaser, Chorus, Rotary effect, Delay and Reverb with Limiter and Transient.

Try SABOTAGE now in Reason Rack!
... Sabotage classic line effects!!! 
 Morph them in Bands!
back.jpg
back.jpg (146.35 KiB) Viewed 2752 times
https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... ssover-fx/

eusti

16 Nov 2018

Cool! :)

D.

antic604

16 Nov 2018

That's a lot of features packed into a one device! Good job!! I'll have to test it, especially the quality of the FX and of the splitting.

Also I really wished the GUI was less busy and probably larger with each frequency band having its own controls. It would also make sense to rotate the 1st leftmost box of controls 90 degrees anti-clockwise, to better reflect the signal flow, as the L/M/H buttons at the bottom are confusing at first (as is the spacing in the "cross frequency" label, suggesting the knobs do different things).
turn2on wrote:
16 Nov 2018
Every Band [Low / Mid / High] includes its own effects allowing you to morph between these three bands and their effects.
I'm not sure I get this? Looking at the layout it seems like there are 3 freq. band lanes and each has separate effects. I'm not sure how do you "morph" between the bands? Or how would that even sound? Let's for example look at the filter - on the back there are separate CV sockets for L/M/H bands AND for overall signal, but looking at the front panel you can only edit filter for L/M/H and not the whole signal, so what do the upper CV sockets do? Are they some kind of an offset for individual values of filters per band?

Lastly, about time @turn2on thought about some effect bundles :)

turn2on
RE Developer

16 Nov 2018

We write regualry to props about bundles. Its really pain for us.. We plan to make bundles year ago...
But more than 1,5 years cant create any bundle!!! Nonsense. Im personaly write and write to ph about it.. I think Ph must listen one time us about this problem with bundles. But dont warry, when it be possible - its going to the shop.

About morphing.. Ok. Look, Your signal splits to LOW / MID / HIGH. Its work of Crossover effect. Crossover not only split effect to bands, but also create crossover frequency for bands as: Low-Mid crossover, and Mid-High crossover..
Yes, we call this 2 freq crossvers as FX morphing in this device, because you can easy going from mid band FXs to low band FX, and at same tame repeat this to Mid-High crossover.. Point of view as Morphing - is listening and morphing (mixing) bands as crossovering with bands., that have own active fxs.
As example you can have Low=Dist, Mid=Phase, High=Reverb. With crossovers you can morph from Phase to Dist, and at same time from Reverb on high to phase on mid.

Upper CV line do Low+Mid+High bands activity of selected effect. We not create on front panel this functional, because if you need one effect to all signal (l+m+h) - better use Crossover Bypass, in this way maing incoming signal routed to lienar mode at Low line, where you can use effects as line.
But with CV upper line, you can use all bands with individual settings and just rewrite them when you need it with CV input activity. If coming CV stopped, device work with how you set it at from panel or L/M/H CV ins.
antic604 wrote:
16 Nov 2018
the L/M/H buttons at the bottom are confusing at first
Crossover is a Main section because it split signal to bands. And we set to this section slection of what band you edit now. Also Crossover bypass visuaize activity of bands mode (muted)...

turn2on
RE Developer

16 Nov 2018

This must help to understand. You not morphing concrete effects from band to band. As fact you can morph with crossovers bands, that have own sets of FXs. Finaly you get mophing of: bands, effects chains of this bands, bands of incoming signals from Main and Low break ins.

Loque

16 Nov 2018

Ok... Now I am curious. Need to check how this sounds in reality.
Reason12, Win10

antic604

16 Nov 2018

turn2on wrote:
16 Nov 2018
As example you can have Low=Dist, Mid=Phase, High=Reverb. With crossovers you can morph from Phase to Dist, and at same time from Reverb on high to phase on mid.
Thanks, I get it now! :)

MrFigg
Competition Winner

17 Nov 2018

Finally got a chance to try this out this morning. At the moment I'm getting some pretty cool sounds out of my guitar reminiscent of Siouxsie and the Banshees with a hint of early Cocteau Twins :). That'll do me just fine :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

17 Nov 2018

you are madly putting out the goods... thanks... no burn out yet?
https://soundcloud.com/moneykube-qube/s ... d-playlist
Proud Member Of The Awesome League Of Perpetuals

Undistraction

17 Nov 2018

Some very nice possibilities with this. Especially enjoying the Rotergy.

Loque

17 Nov 2018

moneykube wrote:
17 Nov 2018
you are madly putting out the goods... thanks... no burn out yet?
Sleep is for loosers...
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2018

I really, really like this RE. Now I've got a Steve Hillage cum Ozric Tentacles thing going on. Top rate...very happy :) Been sitting soloing for about 40 minutes solid now. And I haven't even gotten around to trying it on keys or drums yet :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

eusti

18 Nov 2018

MrFigg wrote:
18 Nov 2018
I really, really like this RE. Now I've got a Steve Hillage cum Ozric Tentacles thing going on. Top rate...very happy :) Been sitting soloing for about 40 minutes solid now. And I haven't even gotten around to trying it on keys or drums yet :).
Can you record / post some of that... Haven't quite figured out yet what to use this RE for... ;)

D.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

18 Nov 2018

eusti wrote:
18 Nov 2018
MrFigg wrote:
18 Nov 2018
Can you record / post some of that... Haven't quite figured out yet what to use this RE for... ;)

D.
Ha ha. Well maybe sometime. As I’ve said before I always start on the next song before I get anywhere near finished on the first. Hobbyist :):):)
I’m going for a little bit of fuzz a big bit of phaser a little Reverb then mucking about with different frequencies. Not using the chorus much. Getting pretty early 80s post/punk sounds. That said I’ve not even scratched the surface. But I am happy to have this. It’s a good ‘un :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

moneykube

18 Nov 2018

small issue... demos too short and also videos... want more info on manipulation not only drum sounds please... got most of your stuff..,. love it

turn2on
RE Developer

18 Nov 2018

Its a creative tool.
Its a multi band filter, distortion, and other effects. Also include Rotary effect.
But, also it can be used w/o 3-bnds, as linear effect device.

We love play on guitars and synths with effects. If you look to guitar fx pedals, you may found big quantity of various solutions of multi bands effects, with some additions. We try to create one box.
We use classic FX chain for guitarists. Its also work nice with synths.

50+ Presets absolutely not open all possibilities of this RE.
Main functional of RE - CROSSOVER section, if crossover active, you can use 3 stereo outputs of bands and use with another external effects.
Also you can add to bands another input sounds. As example you work with sine wave, and can add from another instruments another waveforms that not include main instrument, mix them and morph in bands FXs with main instrument.

Demos.. ok, later we try to add more, but what type of instruments more interesting? We use Bass guitar and some synth sounds.
If you have idea its good to know for us what you interesting to hear..

moneykube

18 Nov 2018

sounds good... snth and guitar please

moneykube

20 Nov 2018

a grrrreat device... thank you

turn2on
RE Developer

27 Nov 2018

Update already in Propellerheads Shop:
v. 1.0.1 (hotfix):
- Transient Hold scale fixed (wrong scale and parameter range)
- "Break Inputs" Labels changed to "Band Inputs" (Its not classic break inputs, because this inputs created to connect additional signals to 3 bands. Now we prefer name it as Band Inputs. Warning! If you connect Band Outputs to Band Inputs - you have self-oscillating loop that can increase output signal).

https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... ssover-fx/

Loque

01 Dec 2018

Cool new feature. I like to pan the bands slightly delayed around.
Reason12, Win10

dusan.cani

10 Dec 2018

This is very versatile device. Definitely it's worth it :)

I find it useful to use it as separate effects for whole sound (no bands mode) independently or in series. And of course, as a morphing effect if all three bands are used. I was able to get really tasty sounds when I hooked it up on dry synth sound. I messed with filter with a little bit of distortion and it added very nice, new character to original sound. It also perfectly works if I need to distort drums, I achieved very good results. I love the chorus character, it sounds very smooth. The reverb section (once adjusted dry/wet levels on the back of the device) adds unique reverb character. Especially ambience mode ("Airy" algorithm for instance) is beautiful and it makes magic with dry synth sounds. Love this unit, thanks.

P.S. I am missing just one thing - when ambience reverb is used, there is no control for decay/length of the reverb. This would be very useful.

turn2on
RE Developer

10 Dec 2018

dusan.cani wrote:
10 Dec 2018
when ambience reverb is used, there is no control for decay/length of the reverb. This would be very useful.
Hi. I add it to wishlist for next update :puf_wink:

turn2on
RE Developer

09 Dec 2022

SABOTAGE 1.0.3 update:

- Updated graphic to HiRes support (4k)
- Small GUI changes
- Drag properties displays changed to more comfort menu selection

https://www.reasonstudios.com/shop/rack ... ssover-fx/

• Information