New "The Synthwave Plugin"

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Loque

13 Nov 2018

From new dev "auryn64" in coop with Skrock.

https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... ve-plugin/

Reason12, Win10

AzureEyes

13 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:From new dev "auryn64" in coop with Skrock.

https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... ve-plugin/

Nah I'll stick to Sylenth and Diva. Those are amazing for Synthwave!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

antic604

13 Nov 2018

Looks like a remix of Skrock Music's Horizons/Electrons and Pulse :)

Wonder if it adds anything to those, as I suspect the underlying "tech" is the same...

Micha1973

13 Nov 2018

i wait for a better deal - it´s christmas and for some 25 € -yes.
Music Is My Life
&
Reason 12 sounds better :essentials:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsW3Wr ... gA05XklBng

hurricane
Competition Winner

13 Nov 2018

So almost any synth can be a "synthwave" plugin - after demoing this, I don't see what makes this synth particularly good for synthwave compared to others. It has a tape fx but that only seems to modulate pitch. It needs more. Also, I don't appreciate the price on this, specifically because it seems like they're trying to cash in on a currently popular genre. In addition, skrock's synths are starting to feel too "samey" and this one feels very similar to the others. The preset count is also disappointingly low - I think I counted 61 or 62, and most of them didn't sound as synthwavey as I would have liked. The presets left me feeling underwhelmed with the sound of this synth. And I didn't get the urge to create my own. Usually a good synth excites me.

So although you can make synthwave with this synth, as a synth dedicated to Synthwave, I think it misses the mark. If I created my dream synthwave plugin, it wouldn't be this. The Synthwave Plugin needs more presets, a different name, a much lower price, and that demo song doesn't help it either.

In my opinion, you already own a good Synthwave synth - Subtractor. Just pair it with a really good chorus and you're all set. On the RE front, Polysix is an excellent synth for this kind of music. And on the VST side, for $5 more, TAL UNO LX is a synthwaver's dream.
Soundcloud | Youtube
Logic Pro | Bitwig

Re8et
Competition Winner

14 Nov 2018

hurricane wrote:
13 Nov 2018
So almost any synth can be a "synthwave" plugin - ….

In my opinion, you already own a good Synthwave synth - Subtractor. Just pair it with a really good chorus and you're all set. On the RE front, Polysix is an excellent synth for this kind of music. And on the VST side, for $5 more, TAL UNO LX is a synthwaver's dream.
Oberon also is quite king for Synthwave, I recreated* a perfect DX7 piano yesterday using it on an 80's recreation mix; the more I use it, the more I love it.. but restrict Synthwave sound to just one particular Synth is just wrong, there were so many of them.
I recreated the atmosphere, the preset belongs to Benedict Rolf,. to be honest.

Re8et
Competition Winner

14 Nov 2018

Loque wrote:
13 Nov 2018
Structure wise I do not understand the routing exactly, it looks neat, anyway.
Maybe some sketches on the back panel could help.

Loque

14 Nov 2018

Re8et wrote:
14 Nov 2018
Loque wrote:
13 Nov 2018
Structure wise I do not understand the routing exactly, it looks neat, anyway.
Maybe some sketches on the back panel could help.
Feel free to contact the dev or publisher.
Reason12, Win10

Turbovcr

15 Nov 2018

If you guys have any question as to the structure of the plugin. Please feel free to email me at info@turbovcr.com. I made the plugin with a specific sound in mind. Even I still use it alongside other plugins. It is unique in its own right but of course you can make Synthwave without it and by the same token you can also make other genres with it as I plan to. I just named it what I did cause that was the first intention behind the presets. We plan to release several more presets as well as more features in the next update. It's not really the same as any of the Skrock plugins. The development Skrock brought was for coding only. The demo song is actually a previous release of mine where I only used that plugin. I hope that helps.

• Information