Kompulsion - transpose whole sequence

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
lowtom

27 Oct 2018

I just downloaded trail of Kompulsion player RE and I love it so far.
One thing I'm missing is ability to transpose whole sequence via MIDI note key.
Is there a workaround using other RE devices to achieve this? If not then please count it as a feature request. :)
:reason: :refill: :re:

MannequinRaces

27 Oct 2018

I'm not entirely sure but this Player also by Lectric Panda might be able to do this: https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... -modifier/ Not entirely sure by what you mean when you say transpose by MIDI note key. Please forgive me I hardly do any transposing and normally it's using the built in tools under F8, lol.

lowtom

27 Oct 2018

MannequinRaces wrote:
27 Oct 2018
I'm not entirely sure but this Player also by Lectric Panda might be able to do this: https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... -modifier/ Not entirely sure by what you mean when you say transpose by MIDI note key. Please forgive me I hardly do any transposing and normally it's using the built in tools under F8, lol.
Thank you for suggestion. I will try it.
What I have in mind is ability to transpose a sequence that is running in Kompulsion, by using MIDI keys, live in realtime.
It should behave similar to preprogrammed arpeggiator.

rcbuse
RE Developer

27 Oct 2018

lowtom wrote:
27 Oct 2018
Is there a workaround using other RE devices to achieve this? If not then please count it as a feature request. :)
It might not be 100% what you are looking for, but you can run Kompulsion in Arp mode with a Interval of 1 and then you basically have a sequencer you can transpose with one key.

lowtom

27 Oct 2018

rcbuse wrote:
27 Oct 2018
It might not be 100% what you are looking for, but you can run Kompulsion in Arp mode with a Interval of 1 and then you basically have a sequencer you can transpose with one key.
Thank you for advice. It is almost what I'm after. The only thing missing, in this mode, is custom scale setting.
I will try to filter notes by different RE and see if this will work.

Initial plan is to make sequences with chords and arp/notes on top, at given scale, and then be able to transpose this sequence live.

seqoi

28 Oct 2018

lowtom wrote:
27 Oct 2018
What you want is very easy to achieve with Selig Note View - which as name suggest can confuse because it is not only Note View plugin.

I do it all the time with Kompulsion and Selig Note View.

https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... -noteview/

Simply fire up Kompulsion. Work on it.

When you want to transpose everything by desired value (octave or semitones) you simply add Selig Note View - AFTER - Kompulsion. In Selig Note View add 1 OCT up or down (negative value) and that's it. You can then automate or MAP Selig Note ON switch (green switch top left on interface) and fire it up whenever you want. You can even stack few of them and set their values and then MAP their ON switch and recall them whenever you want.

Another way of doing it (but i suggest Selig Note View cause it's amazing little tool) is that when you are done doing Kompulsion sequence and you are satisfied with how Kompulsion is playing - you can send notes to MIDI track and from there you can easily set your sequence inside MIDI clip to whatever value you want in piano roll. A bit cumbersome.

Option three is to harass Lectric Panda genius developer to add simple knob there in Kompulsion to transpose everything up or down - that is supposed to be my attempt on making public joke :)

Happy music making

lowtom

28 Oct 2018

seqoi wrote:
28 Oct 2018

What you want is very easy to achieve with Selig Note View ...
Thank you for your advise. I have looked into it and this brought me an idea to check stock Note Echo player, which is a workhorse in my opinion. With Note Echo I can only transpose +/- 12 semitones but it is enough for me.
So as suggested, I just set pitch knob to desired value and fire On switch.
I have also attached a patch for Note Echo which by default is set to -5 semitones if someone will need it.

This is great workaround but I'm still looking for transposing full sequences via MIDI keyboard.
It's targeted more for live performance, then composing. I need it to bring movement or spontaneous pitch changes to repetitive sequences.

So please Lectric Panda, consider this also as a feature request :)
Attachments
Transpose.repatch.zip
Note Echo patch
(972 Bytes) Downloaded 48 times

zycc

29 Oct 2018

Since we are on the topic Kompulsion, I would like to able to control the "Run" button via CV. Only the individual sequencers can be switched, and with only 4 CV ins in the Combinator, this is not an ideal solution.

• Information