Is there a CV device/s that will let me do the following:

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
manisnotabird

26 Oct 2018

This really seems like it should be doable. I want have a CV sequencer (like the Matrix) playing a pattern. Then I want to use a gate signal to transpose that signal. I.e. when the gate is high, I want the sequence to be playing, e.g. seven semitones higher, and when the gate is low be playing at its original pitch. I want this because I want to use something like the PSQ with some chaos dialed, or the Ochen K probabilistic drum sequencer or even another Matrix playing a gate sequence of a different length to produce a probabilistic or polyrhythmic transposition of the notes in the original sequence by a musical amount (an octave or a fifth, e.g.). I have created some fairly complicated wirings of Matrixes, CV merger/splitters, CV8X4 CV Generators, Lectric Panda Janitors, Pongasoft A/B Audio and CV switches, Lectric Panda CV Taps, and still can't get it to work the way I expect.

Loque

26 Oct 2018

I just throw in some ideas:
* Use Thors sequencer and the gate signal to transpose the sequencer
* Catch your gate signal, and switch 2 Matrix patterns
* Grab a gate with CVPT to control divices
* Use RPG8 to gra your gate

I think you should ensure that your gate has always the highest or the lowest possible value, so it works like a switch. This could be done with scaling through CV scalers or knob outputs, that are controlled by your gate (like in Thor a button which is scaled by your gate).

Hope that makes sense.
Reason12, Win10

jam-s

26 Oct 2018

I think this can be done with this free Hamu RE: https://shop.propellerheads.com/rack-ex ... out-panel/

kungubu

26 Oct 2018

You can't transpose a matrix sequencer in any simple way via cv. But you can use a gate to switch between two different matrix patterns if you use a combinator.

You can transpose the thor step sequencer via the transpose pitch cv in, but it is tricky. If you feed the note cv out from another thor sequencer into the transpose cv in it seems like it kind of sums the transposition CV with the sequencer CV in a strange way - maybe the input expects bipolar cv. Anyway, if I remember right you need to count 19 notes from C-2 (or 19 cv-values from 0 ) to transpose your sequence up one octave. I remember that I used to transpose sequences this way before we got better step sequencers in reason (like step note recorder and AS-16) but today it seems like a way to complicated way to transpose.

If you just want a gate to switch between a zero transposition and 7 semitones i think the easiest way would be to use a the thor sequencer an constant cv-value that can be switched on and off with one of thors buttons. I think 7 semi is like a value of 11, so if you route a button to cv out with an amount of about 44%you should get it to transpose your sequence 7 semi out.

And if you combine it, you can route the gate cv to the combinator and operate the thor button with it.

• Information