Have Rigs upgrade ever been on sale?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
MrFigg
Competition Winner

14 Oct 2018

Basically I think it’s total crap that the Rigs are often on sale for €149 but the price of the upgrade remains at €99. I bought Rigs 2 about five weeks before Rigs 3 came out. But hey...I got a “time limited special loyal customer” crossgrade on another Rig for €199. Then a short while later that whole bundle came down to €149. Hmm. A lot of numbers here I know but come on. Even if they put the upgrade in the Rewards section. That’s it. Sunday morning rant over. Now out in the sun :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

challism

16 Oct 2018

I don't think Props have ever put any upgrade to REs or Bundles on sale, other than the one time they discounted the Parsec upgrade by $10.

And I agree with you, it is total crap. It doesn't make sense to offer the full version of an RE (on sale) to a new customer for near (or sometimes less than) the upgrade price for to an existing customer.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Zac

16 Oct 2018

I agree. I'll never get Parsec 2 which i would love to do but the upgrade price is daft compared to what it goes on sale for and what I've paid already for V1.

Loque

16 Oct 2018

I got awesome upgrade or loyalty offers from time to time in the VST world, often between 50-75% lower than the normal prizes for complete products or updates/upgrades. And sometimes i buy in for such upgrade paths for credulous few $$$ or even better with free VSTs. I wish here and there the RE could compete with those, but the market is still too small and the shop doesnt allow it.
Reason12, Win10

challism

16 Oct 2018

Totally, Zac. I would love to get Parsec 2, but unless the upgrade goes on sale for $10, I'll probably never do it. It is dumb that the upgrade is about as much as the sale price.

And I'm not one to complain about upgrades being charged. I feel that is only fair. If you buy a product, especially if you can try it before hand, I see no reasonable expectation of a free upgrade. Lectric Panda and some other developers (who slip my mind now) are amazing by never charging for an upgrade. Thank you Rob & Co! That is above and beyond. Developers shouldn't have to work for free, so upgrade charges are fine with me. My big issue is when the sale price is lower than the upgrade price. Or when the upgrade price is almost as much as the full version.
Players are to MIDI what synthesizers are to waveforms.

ReasonTalk Rules and Guidelines

Zac

16 Oct 2018

The thing is i don't know if these business anomalies are down to bad business or just lack of skills when it comes to the IT side of the shop.

It seems incredible to me that people are losing REs from their subscriptions just because the RE was updated (free). This should have been corrected within days, yet it's still happening!

I really think the props treat the shop as a sideline. Governed by people who just aren't skilled enough.

Try going to the shop on a mobile phone and using the menus to specify for bundles. Most of them don't show up.

• Information