Ableton's new devices - potential for similar Player devices?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
xylyx

12 Oct 2018

Would be good to see similar sorts of things in Player format:

https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/probabi ... -10-suite/

Rason

12 Oct 2018

Haha Dr. Chaos. :-) Nice tools.

sent using Tapatalk

MannequinRaces

13 Oct 2018

xylyx wrote:
12 Oct 2018
Would be good to see similar sorts of things in Player format:

https://www.ableton.com/en/blog/probabi ... -10-suite/
Definitely. I'm down for more probability in the Rack (either as a Player or RE).

mon

13 Oct 2018

I think that in this area Reason is head and shoulders above most other DAWs, including Ableton, combined. We have tons of probability options. Starting with drum sequencer and going through REs, like Randrome and most other extensions by The Chronologists, PCV, PDT2, Glitch, Shape, AS16, Distributor just to name a few. Then we have option to route all kinds of CV signals between them, to shape the results with other tools like CV Suite line Processor, to quantize the data in a scale of our choice with CV Tuner and then print the result, using CVPT. The possibilities are endless. Not to mention that we can combine and save the result at the end for later recall or that we can use any random or S&H LFO signal for modulating anything, anywhere in the rack, including the parameters of the probability devices mentioned above. Just use your imagination.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
:reason: 10+
:recycle: :re: :refillpacker:

kitekrazy

13 Oct 2018

mon wrote:
13 Oct 2018
I think that in this area Reason is head and shoulders above most other DAWs, including Ableton, combined. We have tons of probability options. Starting with drum sequencer and going through REs, like Randrome and most other extensions by The Chronologists, PCV, PDT2, Glitch, Shape, AS16, Distributor just to name a few. Then we have option to route all kinds of CV signals between them, to shape the results with other tools like CV Suite line Processor, to quantize the data in a scale of our choice with CV Tuner and then print the result, using CVPT. The possibilities are endless. Not to mention that we can combine and save the result at the end for later recall or that we can use any random or S&H LFO signal for modulating anything, anywhere in the rack, including the parameters of the probability devices mentioned above. Just use your imagination.

I agree. I've got those new Live tools. I only messed with the first one and it really didn't do anything for me. Reason already has some nice built in tools.

scratchnsnifff

15 Oct 2018

It would be cool in general to see the props cherry pick some features from other software

Bitwig and I think ableton have the combinator concept down (especially bitwig) you can drop macro knobs as you need them it would be cool to see a shell device that you could insert however many macros needed
Also this concept would amazing with automation and sequencer Improvements as well :)

But as for devices. Absolutely. There are some absolutely stunning synths and effects out there. Just look at what ableton brought recently. Or that new unfiltered audio device. It would be cool to see propellerhead do their take on a mini semi modular effect setup. Or just s new effects suite in general.

I also feel like players add an interesting take because you can not only alter midi but it uses cv! That’s madness
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

electrofux

17 Oct 2018

In terms of generative devices, Reason has soooo much stuff that you can stitch together in a combinator, drop a Modpanel on top and remote control the whole device in that Push style. The difference is, you need to have CV experience and be able to program a Remote Codec (if you want that push style control).

botnotbot

17 Oct 2018

electrofux wrote:
17 Oct 2018
In terms of generative devices, Reason has soooo much stuff that you can stitch together in a combinator, drop a Modpanel on top and remote control the whole device in that Push style. The difference is, you need to have CV experience and be able to program a Remote Codec (if you want that push style control).
I'm really, really hoping that when MIDI improvements drop (these require the audio engine improvements they are currently working on, though), that we get a Remote 2.0 upgrade. Get rid of that god awful TSV config format and give us some basics for free as Lua routines (knob pickup values, hello?).

I had really high hopes, as Remote is more open and programmable than most DAWs get in terms of their control surface stuff, but in the end the experience of putting together Remote Codecs has been far from enjoyable.

Oh, and about that same time, I hope they release their own "Rush" device, the "Reason Push". This DAW is aching for it. Fingers crossed that this is already cooking between them and Korg.

LmstPv

20 Oct 2018

mon wrote:
13 Oct 2018

Thank you Mon. Lot's of stuff for my rack extension wish list there.

• Information