Any word on any new big synths?

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
QVprod

12 Oct 2018

scratchnsnifff wrote:
12 Oct 2018
QVprod wrote:
11 Oct 2018
Does it have to be a RE? With Serum and Expanse in the shop I don’t see someone developing that kind of synth.
I just feel like there is still plenty of room for wow factor. A lot of synths in the shop go for VA FM snd wave table synthesis, there aren’t any samplers, resynthisis(besides spectra) devices, or synths with multiple phase distortion options. So far expanse hit the nail on the head as far as in depth editing goes. But I just feel like that should have been the beginning of something bigger :) I guess it will just take more time for other developers to see the appeal. From what I’ve heard it’s expensive and it’s less likely to see a large return in the Re environment. But that is all subject to change depending on how well a product is crafted
Oh I'm not against the idea of more synth RE. As others mentioned earlier, one trick ponies are more likely. The truth though, Is Expanse exists because you couldn't use Serum in the rack at the time. Considering that we mainly have small developer making RE now, I would still expect some cool and unique synths here and there, but probably nothing 'big" unless it's a labor of love as the VST market is so much larger for the work involved. I'd be curious to see how Prop's will try to make the format more attractive though if it isn't too late.

OverneathTheSkyBridg

18 Oct 2018

For me personally I have everything I could possibly need synth wise, far too many untouched REs I've barely touched. My new personal rule is NO MORE SYNTHS! Only high end effects REs or weird niche things.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

• Information