UJam REs. €9?! Oj!!!

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
EnochLight

09 Oct 2018

Just one of these on sale is almost the same as I pay for 1 month of Output Arcade - which is far more powerful and a better deal, IMHO. At least for my tastes.

Pass!
Win 10 | Ableton Live 11 Suite |  Reason 12 | i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz | 16 GB RAM | RME Babyface Pro | Akai MPC Live 2 & Akai Force | Roland System 8, MX1, TB3 | Dreadbox Typhon | Korg Minilogue XD

Faastwalker

09 Oct 2018

Last edited by Faastwalker on 09 Oct 2018, edited 1 time in total.

VariableX

09 Oct 2018

downloaded trials of each ... deleted them all after a 15 min play with hussle... not knocking them but i have a ton of drum samples and Umpf, Kong and Redrum ... and drumloops for dr oct etc... they would just never get used so no point in wasting money and time on them for me. But im new to Reason and have so much amazing ideas with the stuff I already mentioned 😀

tanni

09 Oct 2018

I have heard that the Loops in the Ujams are Audio-loops and not mididata that triggering one shot samples...is that right ?
I have thousands of drumloops in REX format on harddisk, so I do not need them then. Its more flexible to load my drumloops in a OctoRex Player or KONG. There I can arrange the files like I want.

JdA57

09 Oct 2018

tanni wrote:
09 Oct 2018
I have heard that the Loops in the Ujams are Audio-loops and not mididata that triggering one shot samples...is that right ?
I have thousands of drumloops in REX format on harddisk, so I do not need them then. Its more flexible to load my drumloops in a OctoRex Player or KONG. There I can arrange the files like I want.
The gate-cv out sends each individual note (gate). And the cv-in (and MIDI) playing each individual sound.

JdA57

09 Oct 2018

I like them very much. They are great to sketch very quickly songs and sometimes up for to finish. The presets / sounds are really ok, - like they have to be ;) )

Because you can automate nearly each parameter and can use cv-outs (doubling sounds or withing combinator trigger another drumsound, combine them via sync or cv ...) I think it's a great idea (like props Drum-RE's)
Bought one for 49,- one for free and now the last one. 9,- EUR in my eyes is a to low price. But ok, so it's a big deal (Y) .

(And for shure I've most of the other RE's and ReFills you can buy for Reason.)

tt_lab

09 Oct 2018

Sin título.jpg
Sin título.jpg (106.25 KiB) Viewed 2678 times

dvdrtldg

09 Oct 2018

Trialling all three, and imo it all comes down to the patterns, as you can CV out to anything if you don't like the sounds

Eden I'll probably keep, it's got some cool patterns and for the price, why not. But the other two are pretty ordinary, seem very conventional and uninspiring to these ears

Kalm

10 Oct 2018

The point of me grabbing these instantly is to NOT have to dive into sample packs and buying content. I haven't wasted the bucket loads of money for samples. This either lets me A, access these default modern sounds over again with my own tweak ability and not have to search an entire library. . . as well as drum layering and stacking. It wouldn't make sense for anyone with a bunch of samples but for a creator or a person who wants that instant house, trap, boom bap sound its an instant grab. If you're not in any of these genres heavily then thats why it wouldn't interest you.
Courtesy of The Brew | Watch My Tutorials | Mac Mini Intel i7 Quad-Core | 16 GB RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB | Reason 11 Suite | Studio One 5 Professional | Presonus Quantum | Komplete Kontrol 49 MK2 | Event Opals | Follow me on Instagram

Dante

10 Oct 2018

I bought EDEN for the full bucks and like it - used it here So now I bought the other two so I have all 3 for an average price of about $36 each. A bargain IMHO

Re8et
Competition Winner

10 Oct 2018

Chaining all three drum-machines, the midi data offset it's producing very nice effects.
Just not to lose the work I'm on I should get them, I like the trio combined, it makes sense, except straight lines...forgot about that latch..

Just got an error on Dope

scratchnsnifff

11 Oct 2018

I’d like if they made one of these but for percussion/top loops

That would be decently unique and very inspiring. Literally one function but with different styles kits, and randomize pattern

I think that would sell greatly for users like myself
Mayor of plucktown :evil:

tanni

11 Oct 2018

Can someone say how much RAM they are using when loaded ?

Re8et
Competition Winner

11 Oct 2018

joeyluck wrote:
08 Oct 2018
I like 'em!

The added bonus of the RE over the VST (aside from sitting nicely in the Reason rack) is they have CV IN and OUT for all 16 hits, and 16 individual audio outputs as well.

So you can sequence your own beats using Reason's sequencer, or using another sequencer in the rack via CV. You can also use the CV outputs to have the internal patterns trigger other drum plugins and samples. You can decide to send CV out for the entire pattern, or only a part, such as the hats. In Reason's rack, it's actually quite fun to play with and is very flexible.

I like the samples used in each kit and the patterns do inspire ideas. I think all the UJAM plugins do that well. They remind me to give some thought to the structure of a song. So I think they are certainly a steal at this price.

There's JUST ONE PROBLEM, The FX chain Won't pass through the individual OUTS! )(and there's no internal re-routing)
I hope they are gonna add the fx inputs, on the backpanel as well, otherewise
it will be necessary to duplicate the entire machines just to have separated out and fx as well.

Surely a better fx section (inputs and maybe a switch button for mix and a wet knob for input mix as well) would add a lot o value to the bulk and make them much more reasonable and fun.. :lightbulb:

FLVZ

12 Oct 2018

Tried these out, I dont really make conventional stuff, but whatever comes to mind (which usually is some obscure stuff), so I found them quite interesting as a palette for adding normality back into some of my music but also inspiring as song starters. Managed to come up with some interesting unconventional ideas anyway with them and it made sense to bite :oops: :lol: ! Look forward to seeing how they pair up with PSQ, more experiments to look forward to :ugeek:

miscend

12 Oct 2018

I honestly thought these were romplers with hiphop sounds. I was expecting these to be like Hydronexius or a limited version of Nexus.

These are basically a collection of drum kits and midi loops. Basically a song construction kit sample pack with a nice GUI. They were completely overpriced at their original selling price.

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2018

miscend wrote:
12 Oct 2018
Basically a song construction kit sample pack with a nice GUI.
I personally think the GUIs Are cheap and nasty. And I’m saying that having gone on record on this forum that I’m trying NOT to be a GUI snob.
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

joeyluck

12 Oct 2018

MrFigg wrote:
12 Oct 2018
miscend wrote:
12 Oct 2018
Basically a song construction kit sample pack with a nice GUI.
I personally think the GUIs Are cheap and nasty. And I’m saying that having gone on record on this forum that I’m trying NOT to be a GUI snob.
What? These are some of the best looking IMO

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2018

joeyluck wrote:
12 Oct 2018
MrFigg wrote:
12 Oct 2018

Ok :). Each to their own. I just don’t like that taped over smashed bit on the hip hop one. Maybe a bit like folk who didn’t like the sticker on ABL3 :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Loque

12 Oct 2018

MrFigg wrote:
12 Oct 2018
joeyluck wrote:
12 Oct 2018

Ok :). Each to their own. I just don’t like that taped over smashed bit on the hip hop one. Maybe a bit like folk who didn’t like the sticker on ABL3 :).
Dude! That sticker says "I LOVE ACID"! Nothing is wrong to love acid ;)
Reason12, Win10

MrFigg
Competition Winner

12 Oct 2018

Loque wrote:
12 Oct 2018
MrFigg wrote:
12 Oct 2018

I know. I love the sticker and I love acid. I just don’t like the UJam GUIs :).
🗲 2ॐ ᛉ

Zac

12 Oct 2018

MrFigg wrote:
12 Oct 2018
Loque wrote:
12 Oct 2018

Jeez. The Ujam guis look gash. They really are awful. They truly express their nature Imo.

joeyluck

13 Oct 2018

Zac wrote:
12 Oct 2018
MrFigg wrote:
12 Oct 2018

Jeez. The Ujam guis look gash. They really are awful. They truly express their nature Imo.
I think they're fun. Eden is my favorite GUI of the bunch.

Zac

13 Oct 2018

joeyluck wrote:
13 Oct 2018
Zac wrote:
12 Oct 2018

I think they're fun. Eden is my favorite GUI of the bunch.

Well we all have one. Mine says completely naff.
Last edited by Zac on 15 Oct 2018, edited 1 time in total.

OldSchoolSkunk

14 Oct 2018

I'm probably the only one who paid full price for Dope.. so was a little dissapointed that they can be had for 9 now but yep live and learn they wont get me again.. :3

• Information