SoundLove MIDI-CV converter and Tap Midi performance

This forum is for discussing Rack Extensions. Devs are all welcome to show off their goods.
Re8et
Competition Winner

03 Oct 2018

It's about time to give it some Love, it deserves it, it's super useful. But also spread some light on some hanging notes issues when connecting external instruments. Reason version 10.2 as of October 2018.

I have set a combinator with a Thor, for receiving notes, and attached The Midi-cv converter to it as Global receiver
The Midi Cv converter has 8 outputs, with on and of button for midi out, each out goes into an EMI set to a specific midi channel.
Very easy and fast connection setup, no need to create custom Thors receivers-transmitters etc.
EMI devices do not receive any notes other than the Midi-cv converter.

Midi cv converter on-off buttons are set to an 8 faders controller into my Nektar, so I can play each EMI from The Thor/Midi-cv receiver, or more, together.
Roland Boutiques do not like the Blamsoft protocol, only normal mode works but I get hanging notes on the second note untill the first note is released.
Switching focus to the EMI device the boutiques behaves correctly, with no hanged notes, in full polyphonic flavor. (Bypass the Midi-cv converter).
Tap players merged in Mopol (Lectric) goes monophonic on the Boutiques (connecting a thor, it goes poly, as normal). No poly at all.
To fix this problem I should create an 8 cv bypass button device, no problem.

Reading the manual it says that due to SDK restriction, is impossible to transmit aftertouch, expression and other midi data over the Players. I guess this is it.. :roll:

So I created a Lolth mixer bypassing the players aaaaaand… the problem wa still there.. :|

Any idea on what's going on??? Only the straight to EMi connection/controller key focus have worked so far....

Edit: I'm discussing the same *issues-setup in more details in the TAP player thread viewtopic.php?f=7&t=7506998

• Information